WES Degree Equivalency for UG is not=bachelor,does it mean i lose all PG point in CRS

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Americas > Canada Expat Forum for Expats Living in Canada

Canada Expat Forum for Expats Living in Canada The Canada Expats forum is a great place to meet other Expats now living in Canada. Join our Expat community and discuss all issues including living, working, kids, transportation, socialising, eating and buying houses in Canada.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EVHB

WES Degree Equivalency for UG is not=bachelor,does it mean i lose all PG point in CRS


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 3rd September 2019, 06:59 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
rajdevops is on a distinguished road
3 likes given

Question WES Degree Equivalency for UG is not=bachelor,does it mean i lose all PG point in CRS

Need help and guidance please

I hold a UG and PG degree both the University there in WES site.

Now when i did degree equivalency, my UG degree(BCA) is coming as not equivalent to bachelor's degree
Does this mean i will lose all points i got for my PG degree, though that degree is equivalent to master in Canada.

I will lose most of my CRS if that is the case

Any guidance will be appreciated please.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 4th September 2019, 11:33 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oakville
Posts: 2,347
Rep Power: 7698
EVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond repute
79 likes received
26 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from belgium. Users Flag! Expat in canada.
Default

You paid WES to do the official evaluation? Or was it just the free online test?

In case you paid WES, did you have both UG and PG degree evaluated? And if so, what was the exact wording on the evaluation?

__________________
Permanent Resident in Ontario since 2010 * Canadian Citizen since 2016 * Winner of the DV-2017
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 4th September 2019, 04:05 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
rajdevops is on a distinguished road
3 likes given

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVHB View Post
You paid WES to do the official evaluation? Or was it just the free online test?

In case you paid WES, did you have both UG and PG degree evaluated? And if so, what was the exact wording on the evaluation?

I haven't paid for WES yet, i tried equivalency tool for degree and above are outcome of same. My university degree BCA(computers,3 year) is showing as Canada = Community college Diploma (which is not bachelor's degree)
Now since my country as per WES need to show both UG and PG degree to claim PG CRS points. It became my concern if my UG degree is not equal CA-bachelor by PG MCA (3 year) will not be counted for though its valid recognized masters degree.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 4th September 2019, 04:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,685
Rep Power: 0
colchar is on a distinguished road
243 likes received
611 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from scotland. Users Flag! Expat in canada.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdevops View Post
Need help and guidance please

I hold a UG and PG degree both the University there in WES site.

Now when i did degree equivalency, my UG degree(BCA) is coming as not equivalent to bachelor's degree
Does this mean i will lose all points i got for my PG degree, though that degree is equivalent to master in Canada.

I will lose most of my CRS if that is the case

Any guidance will be appreciated please.


What makes you think the degree is equivalent to a Master's in Canada? Did WES assess it?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 4th September 2019, 04:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,685
Rep Power: 0
colchar is on a distinguished road
243 likes received
611 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from scotland. Users Flag! Expat in canada.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdevops View Post
I haven't paid for WES yet, i tried equivalency tool for degree and above are outcome of same. My university degree BCA(computers,3 year) is showing as Canada = Community college Diploma (which is not bachelor's degree)
Now since my country as per WES need to show both UG and PG degree to claim PG CRS points. It became my concern if my UG degree is not equal CA-bachelor by PG MCA (3 year) will not be counted for though its valid recognized masters degree.

Just because it is a recognized Master's degree where you live does not mean that it will be recognized as a Master's degree here in Canada. What country are you in?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 4th September 2019, 04:13 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
rajdevops is on a distinguished road
3 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
What makes you think the degree is equivalent to a Master's in Canada? Did WES assess it?
ok, i miss to mention that my bad, as per equivalency tool its equivalent to masters (WES is yet to be done..)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 4th September 2019, 04:16 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
rajdevops is on a distinguished road
3 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
Just because it is a recognized Master's degree where you live does not mean that it will be recognized as a Master's degree here in Canada. What country are you in?
I am from india and all education was from here only.
and i do understand unless WES access it its(PG) is not finalized that its valid/equivalent to masters.
Thanks for prompt reply.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 5th September 2019, 11:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oakville
Posts: 2,347
Rep Power: 7698
EVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond reputeEVHB has a reputation beyond repute
79 likes received
26 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from belgium. Users Flag! Expat in canada.
Default

The only way to really find out, is to do the official credential evaluation. But there is indeed a chance that your education may not be considered as at the level of a Canadian Masters degree, but maybe only Bachelor (in total).
colchar likes this.

__________________
Permanent Resident in Ontario since 2010 * Canadian Citizen since 2016 * Winner of the DV-2017
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 5th September 2019, 04:54 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
rajdevops is on a distinguished road
3 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVHB View Post
The only way to really find out, is to do the official credential evaluation. But there is indeed a chance that your education may not be considered as at the level of a Canadian Masters degree, but maybe only Bachelor (in total).
Look like it, have only this option.
Will apply for evaluation and pray

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Tags
degree assessment, wes

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.