Need your help in evaluation of the job offer - Salary package etc

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Europe > Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK

Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK The Britain Expats forum is a community of people that have moved to the UK from overseas. This is the place for Expats to meet and discuss anything about the British way of life.

Need your help in evaluation of the job offer - Salary package etc


Closed Thread
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 31st May 2011, 10:12 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: ukraine
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
refugee2011 is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from ukraine. Users Flag! Expat in england.
Exclamation Need your help in evaluation of the job offer - Salary package etc

Dear Friends,

I will appreciate your help in evaluation of the following job offer:

Position Steel trading manager
Net salary (take home) - 60,000 p/a for a start.

My background:
Experience around 5 years in the steel industry + 3 years in shipping
Education Masters degree

Is this a decent salary for me, my wife and five-month old son?
It seems that I will be the only breadwinner for the nearest years as my wife will be devoted to the parenting of our baby.

Company office is situated in London at the intersection of the Gracechurch str and Lombard str.
Could you recommend us some boroughs for a living?

Our preferences are:
- clean, safe and friendly place with lots of parks
- affordable rent
- great transportation links
- good variety of supermarkets and decent shopping
- good variety of cafes, pubs and some entertainment venues (ideally)

What will be the approximate rent for the furnished two bedroom apartment in this borough?

As I have no relocation experience I will appreciate your advices on health care insurance and relocation package as well.

Thank you in advance of your assistance!
All the best!

P.S.
JFYG
Presently we are in Ukraine.

With kind regards,
Anton

Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 31st May 2011, 10:15 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 35
Rep Power: 0
tubbercurry is on a distinguished road

Default

Use right move web site for the property search and use transport for londons web page for transport links and travel times. Metropolitan police website has crime mapping figures

Hope it helps

Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 31st May 2011, 10:23 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: ukraine
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
refugee2011 is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from ukraine. Users Flag! Expat in england.
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbercurry View Post
Use right move web site for the property search and use transport for londons web page for transport links and travel times. Metropolitan police website has crime mapping figures

Hope it helps
Thank you for your advice!

Will make some search but could you share with me your considerations of the potentially appropriate boroughs as a starting point?

Thank you.

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 31st May 2011, 11:00 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 35
Rep Power: 0
tubbercurry is on a distinguished road

Default

I have always been North London not ideal for where you want to travel to. You are probably best looking south London which I am not in a position to advise you on as I have never lived there

Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 2nd June 2011, 08:13 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: ukraine
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
refugee2011 is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from ukraine. Users Flag! Expat in england.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbercurry View Post
I have always been North London not ideal for where you want to travel to. You are probably best looking south London which I am not in a position to advise you on as I have never lived there
Thanks for your assistance.

I was considering Greenwich.... but it seems it could be expensive...

Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 2nd June 2011, 08:40 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 35
Rep Power: 0
tubbercurry is on a distinguished road

Default

If your take home is 60k you should afford somewhere in Greenwich.

Maybe have a look at Bexley.

If you look on edges of areas classed as rougher you should find something cheaper.

All depends what you'd like. You could always look outside London in some of the commuter towns. Only difficulty is transport is expensive.

Good luck

Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 29th July 2012, 01:44 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ukraine
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
takdonpedro is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from ukraine. Users Flag! Expat in canada.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by refugee2011 View Post
Dear Friends,

I will appreciate your help in evaluation of the following job offer:

Position Steel trading manager
Net salary (take home) - 60,000 p/a for a start.

My background:
Experience around 5 years in the steel industry + 3 years in shipping
Education Masters degree

Is this a decent salary for me, my wife and five-month old son?
It seems that I will be the only breadwinner for the nearest years as my wife will be devoted to the parenting of our baby.

Company office is situated in London at the intersection of the Gracechurch str and Lombard str.
Could you recommend us some boroughs for a living?

Our preferences are:
- clean, safe and friendly place with lots of parks
- affordable rent
- great transportation links
- good variety of supermarkets and decent shopping
- good variety of cafes, pubs and some entertainment venues (ideally)

What will be the approximate rent for the furnished two bedroom apartment in this borough?

As I have no relocation experience I will appreciate your advices on health care insurance and relocation package as well.

Thank you in advance of your assistance!
All the best!

P.S.
JFYG
Presently we are in Ukraine.

With kind regards,
Anton
so, what's your experience for now ?

Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 8th March 2014, 12:10 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: England
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
Goodwill is on a distinguished road
4 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uk.
Default

Hiya sorry to jump on the band wagon, I am much confused. Have been offered 40k + relocation .
I am not sure what is involved in the relocation package.
My 1st question is that is it enough to live on in Aberdeen. And second question is it. A fair amount for electronics test engineer in the oilfield.
Thank you

Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary package offer - Your opinion please! dimkatsar Abu Dhabi and other UAE Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UAE 26 31st July 2017 01:11 PM
Salary and offer/package questions... post yours here!!! Part 1 dizzyizzy Dubai Expat Forum for Expats Living in Dubai 3761 1st August 2013 10:22 AM
Pls help urg.Salary package Is car allowance a benefit or a a part of basic salary ? summerlily Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK 4 11th May 2012 09:12 AM
Salary Package (basic salary & allowance) jpm Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK 1 6th October 2008 12:11 PM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.