Spouse Visa - Help/Review Needed
I am preparing my wifes Spouse Visa Application, and hope to submit the online application by 4th July 2014. My Wife lives in Pakistan and i am a British Citizen living in the UK. We got married in April 2014 and she intends to live with me at my parents house in the UK. I am fully employed and earn above the GBP 18,600 requirement
I have some questions regarding the application/process which im hoping folks on the forum can help answer:
1. Cover letters - Are they REQUIRED from both the applicant and sponsor?
2. As this is a spouse visa application, do i refer to myself as spouse or sponsor when writing cover letters etc?
3. As the application will be ready and all documents will be with my wife by the time of the biometric appointment, can she submit everything on that day?
4. Will she have to pay anything extra on the day to submit the application with the supporting documents, or would that fee be covered when i pay online during submission of the online application?
5. Does the 28 day rule apply from date of submission of the online application, as well as the "processing time"? IE, is it within 90 days from date of online submission or from when the UKBA receive all documents?
6. Can the application be printed double-sided?
7. I pay for our home phone bill - will this count as a "Utility Bill" to prove I live with my parents at the house my wife and I intend to live at?
8. Do they require evidence of communication before/after marriage or just after? I have viber & Tango call log screenshots (before and after marriage), as well as call logs from phone calls made using a "Telesave Home Account" - as this is not a 'bill', should i mention that they can verify this by contacting Telesave themselves or should i expect them to use their initiative?
9. Regarding the communication between us, I have included screenshots from my phone and calls made from my Telesave phone account to her - is that sufficient and will it be accepted? Also trying to get a home bill from her of when she calls me (will it be required?)
10. How should wedding/honeymoon pictures be presented? printed at home or developed? Should each be labelled and dated? Printing on photo-paper would be easier i guess to keep on A4. If developed i guess they could be slipped in an A4 sized wallet/album?
11. How many pictures are considered to be OK? I have:
- 117 first wedding function pics
- 38 second wedding function pics (most have group photos with families)
- 10 pics of other time spent together during Pakistan visit
- 27 Honeymoon pics
12. How many copies of documents are required to be included with the application - 1 or 2? Does the application copy need to be sent as well, or does that just refer to supporting documents?
Proposed Application Checklist:
I have made a checklist of what i intend to include as part of the application; it will be organised in the same order, comprising of 7 sections. Would appreciate feedback on the below!
Sponsor Cover Letter
Applicant Cover Letter
Printed & Signed copy of Online Form
VAF4A: Personal Details Form
APPENDIX 2: Financial Requirements Form
2. Applicant Evidence
Passport sized photos (x4)
National Identity (NADRA) Card
TB Medical Certificate
Proposed Flight Itinerary
3. English Language Requirement Evidence
Applicant IELTS Certificate + Results Statement
4. Sponsor Evidence
Attested Passport Copy
Official home phone bill proving I reside at parents house
5. Accommodation Requirement Evidence
Property Inspection Report
Letter from parents giving permission of residence
Property Title Deeds from Land Registry
Parents Passport copies
6. Financial Requirement Evidence
6 month Pay Slips & Letter confirming authenticity
Employment Letter & Contract
6 month Bank Statements
7. Genuine & Subsisting Relationship Evidence
Attested Marriage Certificate
Visa entry/exit stamps from visits to Pakistan
Telesave Phone Records of calls made by Sponsor
Phone Records of calls made by Applicant [is this even needed??]
Viber (Voice) call history screenshots between us
Tango (Video) call history screenshots between us
Photos of Wedding Ceremony
Photos of other time spent in Pakistan [is this even needed??]
Visa Stamps/Hotel booking for Honeymoon
Photos of Honeymoon
Thanks in advance!!
I married someone from Lahore October 2013. My father went Pakistan yesterday and I gave my case file to him to deliver to my husband. He won't be submitting until July 15 due to unforeseen circumstances. Never the less I have hopefully made sure everything is there ! I wrote a covering letter from me as a sponsor to my husband and another letter from my parents stating they will allow us to stay in their home with land reg etc. a letter is not req from the applicant. Refer to yourself as the spouse. If you pay online no fee is req when she submits. You do have a lot of ? So I will try answering them tmrw as I have ofsted in tmrw and need to sleep!
Can I ask if you filled in the Vaf4 and appendix form plus the online app?
URGENT NOTICE: Zee you require 12 months bank statements and wage slips.
What is a SU07/12 form ?!!! I don't think I had that !!!' Panic
hey thanks for your replies so far- you sure its 12 months!? its a sponsorship undertaking form ... i guess some people include and some dont - doesnt seem to be mandatory.
also shes scheduled to take ietls on the 21st of this month. her english is basic i hope she gets minimum required. really scared...looking to book a KET exam as that looks so easy; is it possible to book that also incase she doesnt make it with the ielts?
and i also plan for her to submit around the same time as you...mid july..provided she passes her exam!
100% 12 months payslips and bank statements. Used to be 3 then 6 and now 12 since last update. You really need to keep up to date with the website! My husband did Toeic a1 and passed they changed the requirements to KET or city and guilds A1! My husband 2 weeks ago took the city and guilds and now awaiting results!
Have you completed VAF4 form and appendix ? Along with the online one?
Got my answer for vaf4 and online app thanks! It's a very long process and it can be declined for the smallest reason ever so be sure that every little detail is there
thanks very much to the both of you, extremely valuable and helpful feedback.
few more questions:
1. Missy L: do you have a link of where you saw that 12months are required?
2. on the appendix 2 form it asks how often do we communicate. i plan on stating "daily, if not few times a week." we do talk daily but providing few screenshots a month, will they not scruitinize that?
3. how is it recommended to bind the sections- with paperclips or staples?
4. Descriptions of photos, do they need to include details of who is in thr picture, or a simple format such as date, description(event/place)? does every phot lo need to be labelled?
5. Im worried that 10-15 is too little but then also worried that providing too many will be detrimental? i will definitely try and cut down the 117 pics of main wedding event.
6. theres a question on the form about living together akin to marriage. do i write here that i lived with her during our honeymoon and during my stay in pakistan?
7. i read that UKBA dont accept paper based certificates of ielts etc, its verified online. Is this the case? if so, do i still need to wait for the delivery of the certificate or just submit as soon as i find out online that shes passed?
8. i recently found out about the KET exam..its more basic than ielts which would actually suit my wife better than the ielts. Im planning to also get her to take the KET incase the ielts doesnt go as planned. What is the difference between A1/A2 and which is accepted by UKBA?
yes i have filled in the forms as drafts..going to fill final versions within next few days. may have more questions on that when i get round to it!
Date and description. If you have some with family point them out.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 05:09 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.