Spouse/fiance visa appeal 2017 thread

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Europe > Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK

Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK The Britain Expats forum is a community of people that have moved to the UK from overseas. This is the place for Expats to meet and discuss anything about the British way of life.

Like Tree177Likes

Spouse/fiance visa appeal 2017 thread


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 6th January 2017, 08:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 249
Rep Power: 0
Shraddha123 is on a distinguished road
70 likes received
990 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uk.
Default Spouse/fiance visa appeal 2017 thread

Happy New Year to everyone on this forum

I wanted to start a appeal timeline and if the moderators allow it appeal discussion thread... A place where we can discuss the latest updates on our appeals and maybe motivate each other through this lengthy process

My fiancÚs visa was refused last December and we have submitted our appeal this month

-visa timeline - Applied in August 2016, Received not straightforward email in October, Visa refused in December.

-reason for refusal - ETS/TOEIC related, they didn't belive our marriage was genuine.

-appeal lodge/acknowledgment date: 3/1/2017

-payment taken date:

-date appeal noticed was received

-review deadline

-court dates

Hope more people can post their timelines and we can all share our experiences together.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 6th January 2017, 08:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 249
Rep Power: 0
Shraddha123 is on a distinguished road
70 likes received
990 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uk.
Default

If you want to take part copy and paste the following below and fill in blanks

please post your
-visa timeline

-reason for refusal

-appeal lodge/acknowledgment date

-payment taken date

-date appeal noticed was received

-review deadline

-court dates

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 7th January 2017, 12:28 PM
zuk zuk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: uk
Posts: 126
Rep Power: 0
zuk is on a distinguished road
91 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in england.
Default

please post your
-visa timeline 14 june 2016 applied for spouse visa. 8 november refused. 8 december collected passport with refusal.

-reason for refusal. Company has dissolved. Company didnt answer their calls. On call to me i didnt know answer to 1-2 questions. Such as i didnt know the other people that work there full names only first names. Also colour of company board outside. I said correct first time after asking several times same question i thought i must have said wrong colour so changed mind. But i was right the first time...

-appeal lodge/acknowledgment date sent appeal papers off on 28 december 2016

-payment taken date. Payment not taken yet

-date appeal noticed was received

-review deadline

-court dates[/QUOTE]
Shraddha123 and azizash28 like this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 25th January 2017, 08:05 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Manchester
Posts: 24
Rep Power: 0
azizash28 is on a distinguished road
12 likes received
145 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from pakistan. Users Flag! Expat in uk.
Default Hubby's Refusal Timeline

Thank you Shraddha123 for making this post... we really need something like this. I have been following your story on the other thread and have really been rooting for you.
Shraddha123 and rijab like this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 25th January 2017, 08:18 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Manchester
Posts: 24
Rep Power: 0
azizash28 is on a distinguished road
12 likes received
145 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from pakistan. Users Flag! Expat in uk.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuk View Post
please post your
-visa timeline 14 june 2016 applied for spouse visa. 8 november refused. 8 december collected passport with refusal.

-reason for refusal. Company has dissolved. Company didnt answer their calls. On call to me i didnt know answer to 1-2 questions. Such as i didnt know the other people that work there full names only first names. Also colour of company board outside. I said correct first time after asking several times same question i thought i must have said wrong colour so changed mind. But i was right the first time...

-appeal lodge/acknowledgment date sent appeal papers off on 28 december 2016

-payment taken date. Payment not taken yet

-date appeal noticed was received

-review deadline

-court dates
Wow.. zuk! Your refusal is almost exactly identical ty my husband's:


-visa timeline: 27th June 2016 applied for spouse visa. 12th July Biometrics. 18th July documents received. Not Straightforward email 29th September. My Interview 11th January. Application processed 18th January. Passport collected with Refusal 19th January

-reason for refusal: Manager didn't answer call as was with a customer. On call to me just the ONE question which is the more important one they said was vague which was my job description but how the ECO spoke to me anyone would mix up their words. But the funny annoyed thing is, the Receptionist answered the office number and confirmed my role but only the manager who couldn't answer but they failed to put that in the notes they said they called the office number and no contact was made and they also said no reason was given by me why i didnt travel to Pakistan to see my husband even though it wasnt that long since we applied!!!

-appeal lodge/acknowledgment date: have not yet sent off awaiting doucments

-payment taken date:

-date appeal noticed was received:

-review deadline:

-court dates:
Shraddha123 likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 25th January 2017, 08:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 249
Rep Power: 0
Shraddha123 is on a distinguished road
70 likes received
990 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uk.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azizash28 View Post
Thank you Shraddha123 for making this post... we really need something like this. I have been following your story on the other thread and have really been rooting for you.
Thanks so much for your comment and support. Really hope this thread can help everyone with the appeal process and we alcan all help motivate each other.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 25th January 2017, 08:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 249
Rep Power: 0
Shraddha123 is on a distinguished road
70 likes received
990 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uk.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azizash28 View Post
Wow.. zuk! Your refusal is almost exactly identical ty my husband's:


-visa timeline: 27th June 2016 applied for spouse visa. 12th July Biometrics. 18th July documents received. Not Straightforward email 29th September. My Interview 11th January. Application processed 18th January. Passport collected with Refusal 19th January

-reason for refusal: Manager didn't answer call as was with a customer. On call to me just the ONE question which is the more important one they said was vague which was my job description but how the ECO spoke to me anyone would mix up their words. But the funny annoyed thing is, the Receptionist answered the office number and confirmed my role but only the manager who couldn't answer but they failed to put that in the notes they said they called the office number and no contact was made and they also said no reason was given by me why i didnt travel to Pakistan to see my husband even though it wasnt that long since we applied!!!

-appeal lodge/acknowledgment date: have not yet sent off awaiting doucments

-payment taken date:

-date appeal noticed was received:

-review deadline:

-court dates:
What a pathetic reason to refuse hope ur refusal gets overturned at review stage.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 9th February 2017, 07:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 249
Rep Power: 0
Shraddha123 is on a distinguished road
70 likes received
990 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uk.
Default

**UPDATE**

So we have finally received our notice of pending appeal... They've given a 15 week time frame as to when we should next hear from them... However does the 15 weeks start from the appeal lodge date or the date we receive this letter?

Anyone else received their notice?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 9th February 2017, 08:52 PM
Joppa's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sunny Lancashire
Posts: 38,585
Rep Power: 10981
Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute
6356 likes received
190 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uk.
Default

15 weeks from now (so about 3.5 months) and you will hear about the result of ECM review, the first stage of appeal process.
Shraddha123 likes this.

__________________
I am not a regulated immigration advisor so only giving my own view which should not be relied upon as advice. Sorry, but I have disabled my private and visitor message functions so you can't send me any. If you want advice, contact a registered immigration advisor: http://oisc.homeoffice.gov.uk/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 17th February 2017, 03:29 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: India
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
Stargirl07 is on a distinguished road
1 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in uk.
Default

Applied 20 October 2016
Refused 15 November 2016
Refusal reason : eco didn't like the quality of our marriage certificate because it was a copy and not original . He also didn't think my husband n I met because he didn't give boarding passes.
Appealed 5th December 2016
Tribunal logged it and payment taken 11th December 2016

IA10 notice of pending appeal : 20 January 2017
Shraddha123 likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiance Visa Refusal Appeal jdo Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK 11 9th September 2014 08:33 PM
Fiance Visa Appeal Heartbroken64 Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK 2 20th March 2014 12:45 AM
Spouse Visa Refused Wanting to appeal please help with the appeal. tosi1 Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK 23 1st June 2013 03:12 PM
FIANCE VISA - Do you need to withdraw your appeal to make a new application? uk5671 Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK 11 17th July 2012 10:03 PM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.