Finally Moved & Happy As! - Page 2

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

Finally Moved & Happy As! - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 27th December 2010, 05:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Rep Power: 0
LuckyLee is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Hi Zenji,

Hearty congrats for securing the RIGHT JOB in your DREAM LAND!!!

Would like to know few things about backpackers.. .
How was the stay at Backpackers?
Did you book that in Advance?
How much was the weekly rate?
Regards
Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenji View Post
Hi guys,

I finally made the BIG move to Australia. That happened back in October. So many things happened but being and down I couldn't get back to the forum to update you on my progress.
Well, at last I have found time to break the silence!

As you all know, I was based in New Zealand on a work visa that restricted me to working for one employer - that really sucked like hell. I don't want to remember how tough that was for me but am glad God blessed me with Australian Permanent Residency.
Anyhow, on Sunday 17th October I finally relocated. My flights where set for Perth through Melbourne.
Prior to this I had arranged interviews with two local recruitment firms in Melbourne. On arrival, I obviously checked into a backpacker right in the middle of Melbourne(Flinders Street).
On Wednesday I had my first face to face interview and that went well. I then had three others and they all loved me. One employer pretty much offered me the job there and then.
Interestingly, I turned down that offer and hoped to get offered a job by my first interviewer. I was so wrong! They later turned me me down - lol...
Ohh, by the way I turned down the rest as well since they didn't meet my requirements.
Okay, so two weeks in Melbourne down and I had to move on as my flight to Perth was due. I had no idea what to expect in Perth as I hadn't set up any interviews but I was positive things would turn out right.

On reaching Perth I checked into another backpacker and did nothing for about two weeks. One day I saw an ad in the paper, called the guy up then saw him at 6pm and he offered me the job but I turned it down two days later.
I just didn't want to waste his time.

By now you must be wondering if I even found a job that met my "requirements" - , well I did and you know what I was offered over $150,000! At this point I said yes, and have since lived like a KING.
You should see me, just sing Australian praises every day.
I must admit that this is a dream come true for me and I will forever call Australia home. I love it here, everything is great. I couldn't even start explaining because the list goes on and on.
One phrase sums it all - I AM PROUDLY AUSTRALIAN!

That's me. Thanks to everyone on this forum for the support.

Dennis
P.S - Look forward to seeing you guys in my country!

Quick reply to this message
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 27th December 2010, 06:59 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 91
Rep Power: 0
FrancisJames is on a distinguished road
3 likes received
3 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from scotland. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenji View Post
Hi guys,

I finally made the BIG move to Australia. That happened back in October. So many things happened but being and down I couldn't get back to the forum to update you on my progress.
Well, at last I have found time to break the silence!

As you all know, I was based in New Zealand on a work visa that restricted me to working for one employer - that really sucked like hell. I don't want to remember how tough that was for me but am glad God blessed me with Australian Permanent Residency.
Anyhow, on Sunday 17th October I finally relocated. My flights where set for Perth through Melbourne.
Prior to this I had arranged interviews with two local recruitment firms in Melbourne. On arrival, I obviously checked into a backpacker right in the middle of Melbourne(Flinders Street).
On Wednesday I had my first face to face interview and that went well. I then had three others and they all loved me. One employer pretty much offered me the job there and then.
Interestingly, I turned down that offer and hoped to get offered a job by my first interviewer. I was so wrong! They later turned me me down - lol...
Ohh, by the way I turned down the rest as well since they didn't meet my requirements.
Okay, so two weeks in Melbourne down and I had to move on as my flight to Perth was due. I had no idea what to expect in Perth as I hadn't set up any interviews but I was positive things would turn out right.

On reaching Perth I checked into another backpacker and did nothing for about two weeks. One day I saw an ad in the paper, called the guy up then saw him at 6pm and he offered me the job but I turned it down two days later.
I just didn't want to waste his time.

By now you must be wondering if I even found a job that met my "requirements" - , well I did and you know what I was offered over $150,000! At this point I said yes, and have since lived like a KING.
You should see me, just sing Australian praises every day.
I must admit that this is a dream come true for me and I will forever call Australia home. I love it here, everything is great. I couldn't even start explaining because the list goes on and on.
One phrase sums it all - I AM PROUDLY AUSTRALIAN!

That's me. Thanks to everyone on this forum for the support.

Dennis
P.S - Look forward to seeing you guys in my country!
Hi there, I came over from New Zealand too and am really loving it here. We both lined up jobs before we left, sold the house to a cash buyer and bought an acreage property in Mount Nathan within easy commuting distance of work. Within months we'd achieved in Australia what was impossible in New Zealand, and we're better off to boot!

Can't believe how easy the lifestyle is here. New Zealand was such a grind. I'm sure the dream may rub off one day but for now it's all wonderful and we're very proud to be Australians (permanent residents) too.

Quick reply to this message
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 27th December 2010, 03:03 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 30
Rep Power: 0
jameswah is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
2 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Congratulations. How many years experience do you have in the oil and as industry?

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 28th December 2010, 08:50 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Perth
Posts: 217
Rep Power: 2119
Zenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond repute

Users Flag! Originally from australia. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Thanks.

I stayed at the YHA and it was very clean and nice. The kitchen area was abit small but nothing major for me as I hate cooking.

Yes, I booked the room in advance. Good hostels fill up pretty quickly so you much plan ahead.You could stil get a hostel without advance booking.

I paid AUD $174 per week.

I hope that helps.

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLee View Post
Hi Zenji,

Hearty congrats for securing the RIGHT JOB in your DREAM LAND!!!

Would like to know few things about backpackers.. .
How was the stay at Backpackers?
Did you book that in Advance?
How much was the weekly rate?
Regards
Lee

__________________
Follow my transition into a full time Day Trader in 2013 - Trading Wall Street Hype
Trading for a Living, Penny Stocks, Stock Market Game
Quick reply to this message
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 28th December 2010, 08:55 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Perth
Posts: 217
Rep Power: 2119
Zenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond repute

Users Flag! Originally from australia. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Welcome to Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisJames View Post
Hi there, I came over from New Zealand too and am really loving it here. We both lined up jobs before we left, sold the house to a cash buyer and bought an acreage property in Mount Nathan within easy commuting distance of work. Within months we'd achieved in Australia what was impossible in New Zealand, and we're better off to boot!

Can't believe how easy the lifestyle is here. New Zealand was such a grind. I'm sure the dream may rub off one day but for now it's all wonderful and we're very proud to be Australians (permanent residents) too.

__________________
Follow my transition into a full time Day Trader in 2013 - Trading Wall Street Hype
Trading for a Living, Penny Stocks, Stock Market Game
Quick reply to this message
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 28th December 2010, 09:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Perth
Posts: 217
Rep Power: 2119
Zenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond repute

Users Flag! Originally from australia. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

I don't have any experience in oil and gas.

Prior to this I was working within Residential / Commercial Construction for two years.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswah View Post
Congratulations. How many years experience do you have in the oil and as industry?

__________________
Follow my transition into a full time Day Trader in 2013 - Trading Wall Street Hype
Trading for a Living, Penny Stocks, Stock Market Game
Quick reply to this message
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 28th December 2010, 12:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 283
Rep Power: 0
mohit2903 is on a distinguished road
25 likes received
15 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Gr8 news!! Congratulation!!
You had a gr8 start!!

Quick reply to this message
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 28th December 2010, 03:52 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 33
Rep Power: 0
semion is on a distinguished road

Default

This is good news and encouragement to those of us still awaiting a positive result from DIAC regarding securing a good job in Australia.All the best man.

OLAA

Quick reply to this message
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 28th December 2010, 07:47 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: kent
Posts: 25
Rep Power: 0
celtic dancer is on a distinguished road
1 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in canada.
Default

Hi Zenji,

I dont suppose the company you work for are looking for people with construction and civil site management experience are they?

Sounds like you have landed a fantastic job eh? Well done!

Quick reply to this message
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 29th December 2010, 04:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Rep Power: 0
LuckyLee is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Thanks a lot Dennis.... Really useful info....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenji View Post
Thanks.

I stayed at the YHA and it was very clean and nice. The kitchen area was abit small but nothing major for me as I hate cooking.

Yes, I booked the room in advance. Good hostels fill up pretty quickly so you much plan ahead.You could stil get a hostel without advance booking.

I paid AUD $174 per week.

I hope that helps.

Dennis

Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally, finally coming this time golden future Portugal Expat Forum for Expats Living in Portugal 13 15th June 2011 01:45 PM
finally got here !!!!!!!!!!!!!! keving4099 Spain Expat Forum for Expats Living in Spain 3 9th August 2010 08:58 AM
We're finally here!!! Steve of Adelaide Cyprus Expat Forum for Expats Living in Cyprus 13 3rd March 2010 10:03 AM
finally!!! itsme Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 20 13th September 2009 10:55 PM
Finally I got it. EE-India Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 14 17th July 2009 05:17 AM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.