ACS Reference Letter for Assessment - Page 3

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

Like Tree3Likes

ACS Reference Letter for Assessment - Page 3


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 23rd April 2019, 02:27 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 14
Rep Power: 0
vjspeaks is on a distinguished road
3 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB View Post
You are looking for trouble, if you ask me

Copying someone elseís RNR is not the way to go, if you really want your grant

Cheers
Hey NB,

Thanks for your quick and useful reply (as always! ) but I think I didn't write my question correctly. It should be more appropriate to ask, can I use this as a reference and maybe change some verbiage, add or remove some of the other responsibilities - that are very specific to my roles and maybe use this letter as general skeleton since this is as close as it can be to a .Net Developer's role and hence very tempting, or should I write a new reference letter altogether (I understand it would be stupid to just copy paste it).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 23rd April 2019, 02:42 PM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 19,340
Rep Power: 1029
NB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to behold
5609 likes received
284 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjspeaks View Post
Hey NB,

Thanks for your quick and useful reply (as always! ) but I think I didn't write my question correctly. It should be more appropriate to ask, can I use this as a reference and maybe change some verbiage, add or remove some of the other responsibilities - that are very specific to my roles and maybe use this letter as general skeleton since this is as close as it can be to a .Net Developer's role and hence very tempting, or should I write a new reference letter altogether (I understand it would be stupid to just copy paste it).
The template is already given in the Anzsco code

Why do you want to go elsewhere I don’t understand unless you want to copy paste and edit it

Cheers

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 23rd April 2019, 03:29 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 14
Rep Power: 0
vjspeaks is on a distinguished road
3 likes given

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB View Post
The template is already given in the Anzsco code

Why do you want to go elsewhere I donít understand unless you want to copy paste and edit it

Cheers
Hey NB,

I hope I don't come across too sleazy here () but the Roles and Responsibilities mentioned in this letter is literally everything I (and most .Net devs I guess) do, its true and I have no shame in accepting it.

I know there's a template provided in the 'Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants' and that's more than enough to begin with but if you're suggesting me there's something more specific to the ANZSCO codes in 2613 unit group, please point me in that direction! So far I'm assuming it still would be a copy-paste and edit of the descriptions provided here - 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2
which some members of the group suggested would still count to plagiarism!

I guess my profession is just too mainstream for me to try and create something very unique and your suggestion/s will truly help me!

Cheers to you too!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 23rd April 2019, 03:32 PM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 19,340
Rep Power: 1029
NB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to behold
5609 likes received
284 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjspeaks View Post
Hey NB,

I hope I don't come across too sleazy here () but the Roles and Responsibilities mentioned in this letter is literally everything I (and most .Net devs I guess) do, its true and I have no shame in accepting it.

I know there's a template provided in the 'Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants' and that's more than enough to begin with but if you're suggesting me there's something more specific to the ANZSCO codes in 2613 unit group, please point me in that direction! So far I'm assuming it still would be a copy-paste and edit of the descriptions provided here - 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2
which some members of the group suggested would still count to plagiarism!

I guess my profession is just too mainstream for me to try and create something very unique and your suggestion/s will truly help me!

Cheers to you too!
In our company we have thousands of employees, but I doubt that those with more then 5 years experience would have a common RNR

When you are just beginning your career, I can understand that some RnR would be similar but after 5 years I really doubt it

Anyways each to his own

Cheers
vjspeaks likes this.

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 23rd April 2019, 03:53 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 14
Rep Power: 0
vjspeaks is on a distinguished road
3 likes given

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB View Post
In our company we have thousands of employees, but I doubt that those with more then 5 years experience would have a common RNR

When you are just beginning your career, I can understand that some RnR would be similar but after 5 years I really doubt it

Anyways each to his own

Cheers
Hey NB,

Understood Sir, makes perfect sense!

So I guess translating more of what I particularly do on a day-to-day basis is the way to go then (and on a lighter note, copy pasting is definitely one of it...LOL!)

Thumbs up for bearing with me, you're not the hero we deserve but the hero we needed!

Cheers

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 1st May 2019, 06:34 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 14
Rep Power: 0
vjspeaks is on a distinguished road
3 likes given

Default

One quick question, when submitting this Statutory Declaration, is it also mandatory to submit Manager's/Supervising Colleague's documents - like payslip, etc.?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 2nd May 2019, 02:05 AM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 19,340
Rep Power: 1029
NB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to behold
5609 likes received
284 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjspeaks View Post
One quick question, when submitting this Statutory Declaration, is it also mandatory to submit Manager's/Supervising Colleague's documents - like payslip, etc.?
Nope

Cheers

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 17th July 2019, 01:19 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 14
Rep Power: 0
vjspeaks is on a distinguished road
3 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjspeaks View Post
One quick question, when submitting this Statutory Declaration, is it also mandatory to submit Manager's/Supervising Colleague's documents - like payslip, etc.?
Nope

Cheers
Hey NB,

First of all thank you for guiding me about writing my own letter, got my assessment result today without a single hiccup. Much appreciated!

Secondly, could you please help me with a doubt,

My assessment reads as below :

The following employment a�er 22 July 2014 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to ANZSCO Code 261313 (So�ware Engineer).
Dates:
07/12 - 05/19 - 6 year(s) 10 month(s)

Does this mean I can start claiming points from one month after 07/12 or from one month after 22 July 2014?

Please suggest!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 17th July 2019, 01:24 PM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 19,340
Rep Power: 1029
NB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to behold
5609 likes received
284 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjspeaks View Post
Hey NB,

First of all thank you for guiding me about writing my own letter, got my assessment result today without a single hiccup. Much appreciated!

Secondly, could you please help me with a doubt,

My assessment reads as below :

The following employment a�er 22 July 2014 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to ANZSCO Code 261313 (So�ware Engineer).
Dates:
07/12 - 05/19 - 6 year(s) 10 month(s)

Does this mean I can start claiming points from one month after 07/12 or from one month after 22 July 2014?

Please suggest!
ACS generally doesn’t give the exact date in the assessment, only the month and year
But as they have given you an exact date, you can start claiming points from 23 July 2014 itself

Cheers

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Tags
acs, acs 261312, assessment, immigration advice, skill assessment

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skill Assessment: ACS - Previous Employer Reference Letter hmall Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 8 29th October 2016 01:07 PM
acs skill assessment without standard reference letter juniper_j Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 13 28th April 2014 12:28 PM
ACS Skill assessment reference letter devandroid Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 1 8th November 2012 09:38 PM
Reference Letter Requirement for ACS Assessment saad Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 23 7th November 2012 12:19 PM
Urgent:ACS Skills Assessment - Employee Reference Letter immi1980 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 2 9th October 2009 04:32 AM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.