ACS Skill Assessment

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

ACS Skill Assessment


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10th January 2010, 08:19 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 0
raheelahmed is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from pakistan. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default ACS Skill Assessment

Hi all,

I am preparing my case for ACS skill assessment and i will be applying under Programmer/Analyst ASCO Code..., I have a question regarding Employer References.

Will it be alright if the letter from HR only describes my responsibilities? (Other than Job Title, Duration...). As per ACS requirements, the only thing i see missing is the description of tools that i have been using in my work...

Best Regards,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10th January 2010, 08:38 PM
matjones's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Francisco, USA
Posts: 619
Rep Power: 246
matjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant future
1 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raheelahmed View Post
Hi all,

I am preparing my case for ACS skill assessment and i will be applying under Programmer/Analyst ASCO Code..., I have a question regarding Employer References.

Will it be alright if the letter from HR only describes my responsibilities? (Other than Job Title, Duration...). As per ACS requirements, the only thing i see missing is the description of tools that i have been using in my work...

Best Regards,
Hi,

If possible you should get a reference letter from a co-worker or manager, explaining some of the projects you have worked on and the skills/tools involved. The more information you can provide the ACS the easier it is for them to approve your application.

Mat

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10th January 2010, 08:45 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 0
raheelahmed is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from pakistan. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by matjones View Post
Hi,

If possible you should get a reference letter from a co-worker or manager, explaining some of the projects you have worked on and the skills/tools involved. The more information you can provide the ACS the easier it is for them to approve your application.

Mat
Hi Mat,
Thanks for the reply. Actually getting a letter from a co-worker or the manager is an issue here. As per the company rules, managers are co-workers are not authorized to use the official letter-head.

Best Regards,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10th January 2010, 08:48 PM
matjones's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Francisco, USA
Posts: 619
Rep Power: 246
matjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant future
1 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raheelahmed View Post
Hi Mat,
Thanks for the reply. Actually getting a letter from a co-worker or the manager is an issue here. As per the company rules, managers are co-workers are not authorized to use the official letter-head.

Best Regards,
They don't have to be on official letterhead, but as long as it corroborates the information provided by HR it should do. They should provide as much detail as possible, including how long they have worked with you and the nature of your interactions. Including this information along with your letter from HR can do now harm, and only enhance your application.

Mat

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10th January 2010, 08:59 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 0
raheelahmed is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from pakistan. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matjones View Post
They don't have to be on official letterhead, but as long as it corroborates the information provided by HR it should do. They should provide as much detail as possible, including how long they have worked with you and the nature of your interactions. Including this information along with your letter from HR can do now harm, and only enhance your application.

Mat
Well, that would be really great.
Thanks a lot for your help mat, so simply saying that an official letter from HR (Notorized + on original letter head) along with a reference letter from my manager (Not Stamped + an A-4 letter) will do the job. Right?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10th January 2010, 09:07 PM
matjones's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Francisco, USA
Posts: 619
Rep Power: 246
matjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant future
1 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raheelahmed View Post
Well, that would be really great.
Thanks a lot for your help mat, so simply saying that an official letter from HR (Notorized + on original letter head) along with a reference letter from my manager (Not Stamped + an A-4 letter) will do the job. Right?
Yes, just make sure they clearly state what company they work for, and include contact info etc. It also wouldn't hurt if you add your own personal letter explaining the companies policy on not allowing co-workers/manager to write letters on official letterhead.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10th January 2010, 09:14 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 0
raheelahmed is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from pakistan. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by matjones View Post
Yes, just make sure they clearly state what company they work for, and include contact info etc. It also wouldn't hurt if you add your own personal letter explaining the companies policy on not allowing co-workers/manager to write letters on official letterhead.
Thanks a lot Mat, really appreciate your help. But just one last question...
Can Statutory Declaration document play a role here?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10th January 2010, 09:16 PM
matjones's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Francisco, USA
Posts: 619
Rep Power: 246
matjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant futurematjones has a brilliant future
1 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raheelahmed View Post
Thanks a lot Mat, really appreciate your help. But just one last question...
Can Statutory Declaration document play a role here?
Yes. in the statutory declaration you can explain you job role/duties and also include the information regarding HR not allowign the use of company letter head.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10th January 2010, 09:18 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 0
raheelahmed is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from pakistan. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matjones View Post
Yes. in the statutory declaration you can explain you job role/duties and also include the information regarding HR not allowign the use of company letter head.
That's great. Your comments were really valuable...
Thanks once again Mat...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11th January 2010, 07:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 231
Rep Power: 0
farazfaheem is on a distinguished road
25 likes received
7 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from pakistan. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

one question: if HR explains the complete information about your projects, roles, tools and languages you worked on and explains the your level of interaction with clients.. I think it would be enough then .. no need reference letter from your manager or co-worker... am I correct?






Quote:
Originally Posted by matjones View Post
They don't have to be on official letterhead, but as long as it corroborates the information provided by HR it should do. They should provide as much detail as possible, including how long they have worked with you and the nature of your interactions. Including this information along with your letter from HR can do now harm, and only enhance your application.

Mat

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[ACS] Skill Assessment great Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 5 22nd February 2015 02:40 PM
ACS Skill assessment instead of RPL mr.india Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 7 2nd April 2012 04:53 AM
ACS skill assessment Jaison Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 2 27th December 2009 10:45 AM
Skill Assessment amir4it Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 4 18th August 2009 04:47 AM
ACS Skill Assessment mohit2903 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 31 13th July 2009 05:41 AM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.