Need help in Time Lines

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

Need help in Time Lines


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 29th June 2013, 08:21 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
ShabirRahim is on a distinguished road
1 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default Need help in Time Lines

Hi,
My background : I had completed my IELTS and my total Band is 7.5. I had completed my ACS and i had applied for EOI on June 5th 2013 with 65 points. I totally had 7 years and 11 months of experience in software engineering when i applied. Now have 8+ years of experience, which means i am eligible for 70 points as i am still under 32 years of age.

Kindly advice on the following doubts i have.

1. I am applying for 189 visa as software engineer. I am aware of july 1st cut off. Since i had applied EOI on june 5th 2013 with 65 points, when can i expect my result. Also how much time can i expect to get visa after the application, post result.

2. Is it good for me to re apply for new assessment with my current experience, and gain 70 point and again apply for EOI. It took 2 months for my earlier assessment. so i can expect 2 months delay if i do re assessment and some more months for EOI again. What should be my best approach towards application for getting visa faster.

Kindly Advice. I am happy for being a member of such a wonderful forum. I hope i had reached the right place for my suggestions. Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 29th June 2013, 08:28 AM
mindfreak's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Delhi
Posts: 505
Rep Power: 0
mindfreak is on a distinguished road
211 likes received
302 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Answers to your questions below:
1) You are quite likely to get invited in July itself, they shall invite about 1200 applications in the first round and around the same figure in the 2nd round too. So you're looking at approx 2400 invites in July so you're more than likely to get an invite with 65 points, i think. Visa depends on how quickly you provide the necessary documentation and how quickly a CO is assigned to your case.

2) I dont think you should apply for a new assessment as long as you >= 60 points or else it would cost you more time. The best approach now would be to stay patient and wait it out till u get an invite.

__________________
233612| IELTS 09.03 O8.5| EOI 25.03|WA SS:20.06/ Approved 27.06| Lodged (190) 27.06| PCC 21.06 Med 09.07 (Ref on 16.07)|CO Adel T2 15.08 |AU FPC 30.08| Grant 02.09 04.09.13
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 29th June 2013, 08:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,658
Rep Power: 247
Mroks is a jewel in the roughMroks is a jewel in the roughMroks is a jewel in the rough
361 likes received
216 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabirRahim View Post
Hi,
My background : I had completed my IELTS and my total Band is 7.5. I had completed my ACS and i had applied for EOI on June 5th 2013 with 65 points. I totally had 7 years and 11 months of experience in software engineering when i applied. Now have 8+ years of experience, which means i am eligible for 70 points as i am still under 32 years of age.

Kindly advice on the following doubts i have.

1. I am applying for 189 visa as software engineer. I am aware of july 1st cut off. Since i had applied EOI on june 5th 2013 with 65 points, when can i expect my result. Also how much time can i expect to get visa after the application, post result.

2. Is it good for me to re apply for new assessment with my current experience, and gain 70 point and again apply for EOI. It took 2 months for my earlier assessment. so i can expect 2 months delay if i do re assessment and some more months for EOI again. What should be my best approach towards application for getting visa faster.

Kindly Advice. I am happy for being a member of such a wonderful forum. I hope i had reached the right place for my suggestions. Thanks
Modify your EOI to reflect 8+ years of experience, then the EOI will show 70 points. Do it fast as 1st July is approaching. You will get invitation on 1st July.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 29th June 2013, 08:35 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
ShabirRahim is on a distinguished road
1 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mroks View Post
Modify your EOI to reflect 8+ years of experience, then the EOI will show 70 points. Do it fast as 1st July is approaching. You will get invitation on 1st July.
Thanks for the reply. I got 55 points from assessment+10 points from IELTS. So to add another 5 points for experience, I have to re apply for assessment (acs) paying 450$ i guess, the way i paid before. Once i re apply for ACS, they may take 2 months the way they took before, so i cannot expect the result before july 1st i suppose.

Kindly forgive me if i have misunderstood some thing. Kindly advice.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 29th June 2013, 08:44 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,658
Rep Power: 247
Mroks is a jewel in the roughMroks is a jewel in the roughMroks is a jewel in the rough
361 likes received
216 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabirRahim View Post
Thanks for the reply. I got 55 points from assessment+10 points from IELTS. So to add another 5 points for experience, I have to re apply for assessment (acs) paying 450$ i guess, the way i paid before. Once i re apply for ACS, they may take 2 months the way they took before, so i cannot expect the result before july 1st i suppose.

Kindly forgive me if i have misunderstood some thing. Kindly advice.
The experience post ACS certificate can be claimed by documents like payslips, form 16 etc. No need of ACS again. I hope you are aware that DIAC will start generating invitation tomorrow Sunday at around 7:00 - 7:30 PM IST. You have to update your EOI to reflect the additional experience gained by you post ACS.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 1st July 2013, 09:58 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
ShabirRahim is on a distinguished road
1 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Smile

Thanks a lot mroks and mindfreak. Actually, I was not able to update my details yesterday, but then, today with 65 points, i got a mail saying : you are invited. When i logged-in in skillselect, i saw my status changes to "invited" and Apply visa" button enabled.

So i guess i got the invite with just 65 points. Can you suggest on how to check my assigned case officer, and is it true that the fees is increased to 1500$ for dependent visa, which was originally free.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestion given so far. Any additional information will also greatly help.

Thanks Morks and Mindfreak once again.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 1st July 2013, 10:03 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,658
Rep Power: 247
Mroks is a jewel in the roughMroks is a jewel in the roughMroks is a jewel in the rough
361 likes received
216 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabirRahim View Post
Thanks a lot mroks and mindfreak. Actually, I was not able to update my details yesterday, but then, today with 65 points, i got a mail saying : you are invited. When i logged-in in skillselect, i saw my status changes to "invited" and Apply visa" button enabled.

So i guess i got the invite with just 65 points. Can you suggest on how to check my assigned case officer, and is it true that the fees is increased to 1500$ for dependent visa, which was originally free.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestion given so far. Any additional information will also greatly help.

Thanks Morks and Mindfreak once again.
New Visa Fees
Visa Application Charges

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 1st July 2013, 11:00 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SG
Posts: 18
Rep Power: 0
Hail is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

just be waiting. you're gonna get your invite soon

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 1st July 2013, 04:00 PM
mindfreak's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Delhi
Posts: 505
Rep Power: 0
mindfreak is on a distinguished road
211 likes received
302 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

once u apply for the visa, provide the necessary documentation thats needed and you shall hear from you CO in a few weeks time

__________________
233612| IELTS 09.03 O8.5| EOI 25.03|WA SS:20.06/ Approved 27.06| Lodged (190) 27.06| PCC 21.06 Med 09.07 (Ref on 16.07)|CO Adel T2 15.08 |AU FPC 30.08| Grant 02.09 04.09.13
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Tags
timeline for 189 visa

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time Lines after MED/PCC sanjeev780 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 18 3rd March 2012 03:22 AM
Time Lines Siouxzee New Zealand Expat Forum for Expats Living in New Zealand 24 8th April 2011 08:20 AM
Time Lines for ENS Sub Class 121 GailNell Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 1 25th January 2011 04:08 AM
VISA Time Lines these days? TOPGUN Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 5 3rd June 2010 05:50 PM
Visa Time Lines for Applicants shaharshad Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 6 17th May 2010 11:40 AM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.