Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad

Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/)
-   Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/)
-   -   ACS Assessment : Software Tester to Software Engineer (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/151003-acs-assessment-software-tester-software-engineer.html)

maverick27 17th April 2013 02:32 AM

ACS Assessment : Software Tester to Software Engineer
 
Hi,

I had been assessed as a Software Tester by ACS in Nov 2011. I have done coding for Test Automation scripts/Performance testing and all the relevant details has been provided in the resume submitted to ACS at that time. Since then, i'm more working on Performance testing which involves design & coding and now i wanted to apply for ACS assessment again (as its going to expire in Nov 2013 anyway). My questions are
1. Is it possible to apply for Software Engineer this time?
2. Will ACS consider the previous experience as well? Even though i had worked on design & coding in the past, ACS already assessed me a Software tester. Will they re-assess and consider my previous experience for Software engineer?

Thanks in advance for your help.

maverick27 17th April 2013 06:23 AM

Can someone help me in answering the queries???

Darshan Shekdar 7th July 2013 06:36 PM

Hey
 
Even I have a similar issue...I have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261314 (Software tester) of the ANZSCO code by the ACS. I need to know if my profession can be re-applied under "Software Engineer", as I am involved in design, development/coding and deployment phases working as Software Automation Engineer.

What's your status now?

sunny1988 14th July 2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darshan Shekdar (Post 1235440)
Even I have a similar issue...I have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261314 (Software tester) of the ANZSCO code by the ACS. I need to know if my profession can be re-applied under "Software Engineer", as I am involved in design, development/coding and deployment phases working as Software Automation Engineer.

What's your status now?

Hi ,
Im also facing the same issue. Dont want to apply as a Tester so applying as a programmer rather. Im planning to including automation scripting and a bit of coding part. Im working as QA Analyst. My manager is afraid if company knows that he is referring someone they might fire him. I can't get letter of my choice from HR so finding someone who can give me a reference letter.

Mroks 14th July 2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick27 (Post 1132431)
Hi,

I had been assessed as a Software Tester by ACS in Nov 2011. I have done coding for Test Automation scripts/Performance testing and all the relevant details has been provided in the resume submitted to ACS at that time. Since then, i'm more working on Performance testing which involves design & coding and now i wanted to apply for ACS assessment again (as its going to expire in Nov 2013 anyway). My questions are
1. Is it possible to apply for Software Engineer this time?
2. Will ACS consider the previous experience as well? Even though i had worked on design & coding in the past, ACS already assessed me a Software tester. Will they re-assess and consider my previous experience for Software engineer?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I understand that you have received Vic SS long back. Till Nov 2013, its a safe period for you to get the visa grant. Moreover you can inform DIAC for priority processing of visa when the ACS expiry date is closer. Why do you want to get accessed as Software Engineer?

revanth 19th January 2014 06:43 AM

HI Maverick,

Could you provide me the resume template you have used to support your automation skills for software engineer profile please.

Currently i am in the very early stages of applying for PR.
Appreciate your help.

thanks,
revanth

Sonal15 19th February 2014 05:18 AM

Hi All ,

My name is Sonal . I have completed my IELTS exam and ACS assessment. I applied for Victoria State Sponsorship in Jan for Software Tester but it got Rejected. Can any one help me how to go about it . I have 8 months of experience in Melbourne and total experience is 4 years 4 months. I am not getting any point for my work experience and the total is coming to 55 without state sponsorship. Please help and provide some insight . I also have ISTQB certification

IELTS score Reading:9 , Listenning :8.5, Speaking :7.5 , Writing :7

nakul.kodandapuram 20th February 2014 05:25 PM

Need Help!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by revanth (Post 2890273)
HI Maverick,

Could you provide me the resume template you have used to support your automation skills for software engineer profile please.

Currently i am in the very early stages of applying for PR.
Appreciate your help.

thanks,
revanth


Revanth,
This is Nakul. I m from hyderabad too. Just getting started with the PR thing. We could colloborate. I am still scarce in knowledge about all of this. Let me know if you are ok?

lakram5455 20th March 2014 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonal15 (Post 3194025)
Hi All ,

My name is Sonal . I have completed my IELTS exam and ACS assessment. I applied for Victoria State Sponsorship in Jan for Software Tester but it got Rejected. Can any one help me how to go about it . I have 8 months of experience in Melbourne and total experience is 4 years 4 months. I am not getting any point for my work experience and the total is coming to 55 without state sponsorship. Please help and provide some insight . I also have ISTQB certification

IELTS score Reading:9 , Listenning :8.5, Speaking :7.5 , Writing :7

Hi Sonal,

Any luck after this?

I have 65 points without state sponsorship and overall IELTS score of 7.5 with minimum of 7 in each category.I am a S/W Tester too and I wanted to use 190 visa path for improving my chances and increasing my overall score but looks like that is the toughest and lengthy processing route after reading yours and many others' comments.

I am in a dilemma even to proceed now.
Please reply back so that I will atleast know what happens to a generic case like ours.
Wishing you good luck.

Regards,
Paddy.

noobrex 20th March 2014 06:15 AM

nice thread


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.