ACS Assessment : Software Tester to Software Engineer - Page 12

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

Like Tree9Likes

ACS Assessment : Software Tester to Software Engineer - Page 12


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #111 (permalink)  
Old 2nd March 2019, 04:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 85
Rep Power: 0
Maggo1234 is on a distinguished road
2 likes received
16 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from armenia. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darshanvadera View Post
Hi all,

I need some guidance here -

I got my pre-invite rejected from Vic for 261314 s/w tester will re-assessment from ACS help for 261313 ? with the same roles and responsibilities?

I read somewhere in the thread that it may later come under scrutiny even if ACS gives a +ve assessment from the CO. how far this is true ?

Please advise...

Thanks in advance.
Did you go for re assessment?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #112 (permalink)  
Old 22nd April 2019, 05:18 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 45
Rep Power: 0
mandrakem87 is on a distinguished road
6 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprakash85 View Post
As long as the job roles and responsibilities that you have for tester and engineer don't differ, there is no problem in getting reassessed. I have done that myself and have been successful in getting a visa as well.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Hi
I got positive assessment for software tester last year and applied for VIC EOI. Since I have not received any response, I am planning to go for software engineer reassessment. Do I need to make changes to RnR for this or would the same experience letters work as both Softwre tester and Software engineer are in the same anzsco group ?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #113 (permalink)  
Old 23rd April 2019, 12:42 AM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 17,130
Rep Power: 910
NB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to behold
5102 likes received
258 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrakem87 View Post
Hi
I got positive assessment for software tester last year and applied for VIC EOI. Since I have not received any response, I am planning to go for software engineer reassessment. Do I need to make changes to RnR for this or would the same experience letters work as both Softwre tester and Software engineer are in the same anzsco group ?
If you were into automated testing, then only you should try to get assessed as software engineer
Just getting a positive assessment is not the end of the problem

After invite, the CO May contact your office to recheck your actual role and if they say that you were actually doing manual testing only, you can face rejection of your application

Take a hard look at the facts and then decide

Cheers

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #114 (permalink)  
Old 12th July 2019, 10:23 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
sailaja04 is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
13 likes given

Default

G’day,

I’m preparing for ACS and confused on below, Can someone please guide through me.

- I have recently moved from 457 visa to 482 visa and both the visa were granted for Software Tester – 261314 , I’m planning to apply for ACS under Software Engineer – 261313 ( as my overall years of experience is closely related to software engineer and my designations were Software Specialist\Software Analyst\Consultant ) – will I be get positive result from ACS.
- I have got my R&R from my current and previous companies with Software Engineer duties on company letter head.
- If I get positive result from ACS as Software Engineer, will there be any challenges raised as my work VISA was granted on Software Tester code.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #115 (permalink)  
Old 13th July 2019, 12:09 AM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 17,130
Rep Power: 910
NB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to behold
5102 likes received
258 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailaja04 View Post
G’day,

I’m preparing for ACS and confused on below, Can someone please guide through me.

- I have recently moved from 457 visa to 482 visa and both the visa were granted for Software Tester – 261314 , I’m planning to apply for ACS under Software Engineer – 261313 ( as my overall years of experience is closely related to software engineer and my designations were Software Specialist\Software Analyst\Consultant ) – will I be get positive result from ACS.
- I have got my R&R from my current and previous companies with Software Engineer duties on company letter head.
- If I get positive result from ACS as Software Engineer, will there be any challenges raised as my work VISA was granted on Software Tester code.
1. You should get a positive assessment
2. As you will not be claiming points for experience for the jobs in Australia, there may not be trouble, but it cannot be ruled out .
It depends on the case officer

But you should take a hard look at your points table
Without Australian experience points, if you can reach 80 points, then only there is a chance of getting invite

Cheers

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS

Last edited by NB; 13th July 2019 at 12:12 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #116 (permalink)  
Old 13th July 2019, 12:55 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
sailaja04 is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
13 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB View Post
1. You should get a positive assessment
2. As you will not be claiming points for experience for the jobs in Australia, there may not be trouble, but it cannot be ruled out .
It depends on the case officer

But you should take a hard look at your points table
Without Australian experience points, if you can reach 80 points, then only there is a chance of getting invite

Cheers
Thanks NB,

I have to claim for AU experience else i'll be short of points, Can my work visa (Software Tester) and ACS code (Software Engineer) be different.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #117 (permalink)  
Old 13th July 2019, 02:35 AM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 17,130
Rep Power: 910
NB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to behold
5102 likes received
258 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailaja04 View Post
Thanks NB,

I have to claim for AU experience else i'll be short of points, Can my work visa (Software Tester) and ACS code (Software Engineer) be different.
You can claim points for experience only for relevant experience

As software tester and engineer fall under different Anzsco codes, it may not be possible
Consult a good Mara agent for more clarity

Cheers

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #118 (permalink)  
Old 22nd September 2019, 03:37 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 0
pbaus2020 is on a distinguished road

Default

Hi Everyone,

I have a question for getting assessed as Software Engineer. Its not reassessment, but I am going to do ACS assesment for the first time for my spouse.

Her designation is in the company is Sr Test Engineer, but she plays most of the roles of a Software Engineer and we are able to get a statutaory declaration from her senior colleague.

My question is , do we need to put the designation in the declaration or it can be skipped. Just worried about the designation clearly mentioning Test Engineer.

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #119 (permalink)  
Old 22nd September 2019, 04:00 AM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 17,130
Rep Power: 910
NB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to behold
5102 likes received
258 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbaus2020 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have a question for getting assessed as Software Engineer. Its not reassessment, but I am going to do ACS assesment for the first time for my spouse.

Her designation is in the company is Sr Test Engineer, but she plays most of the roles of a Software Engineer and we are able to get a statutaory declaration from her senior colleague.

My question is , do we need to put the designation in the declaration or it can be skipped. Just worried about the designation clearly mentioning Test Engineer.

Thanks
You cannot hide the designation
The pay slips, offer letter etc. will all have it
Moreover in the EOI and application etc. you have to declare the designation
As long as her RnR matches that of a software engineer, the designation doesn’t matter
Don’t fabricate the RnR, that’s all

Cheers

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #120 (permalink)  
Old 22nd September 2019, 05:34 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 0
pbaus2020 is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB View Post
You cannot hide the designation
The pay slips, offer letter etc. will all have it
Moreover in the EOI and application etc. you have to declare the designation
As long as her RnR matches that of a software engineer, the designation doesnít matter
Donít fabricate the RnR, thatís all

Cheers
Thanks for the quick response. If the 'position" field in EOI is same as designation, then I have following question.

When I submitted my EOI back in June - I have the positions mentioned as below, which is not same as my designation in organization but my roles that I was carrying in projects. In many cases it differs from Designation as we know.

2008 - 2013 - Computer Programmer ( India)
2013 - 2017 - Senior Programmer (US)
2017-2019- Technical lead (India)

I have filled as above because I have it in similar way in my ACS skill assessment.
While I was doing ACS skill assessment , i had to give in such way because it asks details for each countries worked for separately (Even though in same company), and designation does not change based on country in our organization, but roles change.
So to show progression, I gave it like this.

Now my problem is - I can't modify the ACS assement as its already evaluated. So shall I modify my EOI and give correct designations ( But in this case it wont match to the positiions mentioned in ACS letter).

Shall I put designation and in bracket the role which matches the ACS letter.

Little confused..

Please advise.

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can Automation tester apply for Visa 189 - Software Engineer ?? iShaurya Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 9 26th February 2015 04:42 AM
resume of a software tester as s/w engineer... sharav Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 2 26th January 2014 05:41 PM
About ACS Skill Assesment pertaining the Software Tester or ICT QA Engineer dvishwakarma Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 3 27th April 2013 12:15 PM
Which occupation to opt for - 'ICT System Test Engineer' or 'Software Tester' rs237 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 1 2nd April 2012 08:28 AM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.