Need Clarifications - Form 1221 and Form 80

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

Need Clarifications - Form 1221 and Form 80


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 1st August 2020, 06:42 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 40
Rep Power: 0
abhi1209 is on a distinguished road

Default Need Clarifications - Form 1221 and Form 80

Dear Forum Members,

I need your help in getting the answers to the below questions. I am applying for Subclass 190 application and in process of filling up Form 1221 and Form 80 for my spouse and me. I am currently on a TSS 482 Visa. Below are the questions:

Form 1221:

1) In Form 1221 - Q18 - What is the general purpose of your journey/further stay?
I need to fill this for my spouse, she is currently employed in AU on 482 visa. Should I just mention. 'Accompanying spouse on 482 visa'. or should I add more details?

2) In Form 1221 - Q20 - How long do you intend to stay in Australia?
Should I leave this question blank for 190 application or provide the end date of 482 visa?

Form 80:

1) Q34 - Are you currently in Australia. Give details of the current visa?
The confusion is around the arrival date. Is this date the arrival date of the current visa? As I was earlier on a sponsored TSS until Aug-2019 and then got the new visa and stayed on that and was in Australia during this transition. We did travel later in Nov-19, should we mention the arrival date to AU for the initial visa when we cam to AU or when we arrived back in Nov-19?

2) Q35 Have you been to Australia before?

Since this ques also asks for visa details, do we have to mention entire travel history to AU or the main arrival and departure dates after the visa grant?

3) Part R Sponsoring employer details Q49
Are you being sponsored by, or associated with, a business or
organisation in Australia?
My wife is a dependent on TSS-482 but working in AU, do we mention about this employment. The employer has not sponsored her. This question is a bit confusing as they are asking for Sponsoring employer details at the same time they are saying if you are associated with an employer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 1st August 2020, 08:13 PM
mustafa01's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 689
Rep Power: 0
mustafa01 is on a distinguished road
158 likes received
13 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1209 View Post
Dear Forum Members,

I need your help in getting the answers to the below questions. I am applying for Subclass 190 application and in process of filling up Form 1221 and Form 80 for my spouse and me. I am currently on a TSS 482 Visa. Below are the questions:

Form 1221:

1) In Form 1221 - Q18 - What is the general purpose of your journey/further stay?
I need to fill this for my spouse, she is currently employed in AU on 482 visa. Should I just mention. 'Accompanying spouse on 482 visa'. or should I add more details?

2) In Form 1221 - Q20 - How long do you intend to stay in Australia?
Should I leave this question blank for 190 application or provide the end date of 482 visa?

Form 80:

1) Q34 - Are you currently in Australia. Give details of the current visa?
The confusion is around the arrival date. Is this date the arrival date of the current visa? As I was earlier on a sponsored TSS until Aug-2019 and then got the new visa and stayed on that and was in Australia during this transition. We did travel later in Nov-19, should we mention the arrival date to AU for the initial visa when we cam to AU or when we arrived back in Nov-19?

2) Q35 Have you been to Australia before?

Since this ques also asks for visa details, do we have to mention entire travel history to AU or the main arrival and departure dates after the visa grant?

3) Part R Sponsoring employer details Q49
Are you being sponsored by, or associated with, a business or
organisation in Australia?
My wife is a dependent on TSS-482 but working in AU, do we mention about this employment. The employer has not sponsored her. This question is a bit confusing as they are asking for Sponsoring employer details at the same time they are saying if you are associated with an employer
Form 1221:
Q18: Employment/Permanent Settlement
Q20: Indefinite

Form 80:
Q34: Enter current visa details, arrival date should be date when visa was granted if you were onshore.
Q35: Yes. You have to mention the entire travel history.
Q49: No. This is because you are applying for 190 visa and you don't need to mention any sponsors here.

__________________

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 2nd August 2020, 06:28 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 40
Rep Power: 0
abhi1209 is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafa01 View Post
Form 1221:
Q18: Employment/Permanent Settlement
Q20: Indefinite

Form 80:
Q34: Enter current visa details, arrival date should be date when visa was granted if you were onshore.
Q35: Yes. You have to mention the entire travel history.
Q49: No. This is because you are applying for 190 visa and you don't need to mention any sponsors here.
--------------------------

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks for the info. I am currently sponsored by a employer on TSS-482 visa. Shall I remove the sponsored employer details as well as the question says 'Are you being sponsored by, or associated with, a business or
organisation in Australia?'

Regards,
Abhishek

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 2nd August 2020, 06:41 AM
mustafa01's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 689
Rep Power: 0
mustafa01 is on a distinguished road
158 likes received
13 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1209 View Post
--------------------------

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks for the info. I am currently sponsored by a employer on TSS-482 visa. Shall I remove the sponsored employer details as well as the question says 'Are you being sponsored by, or associated with, a business or
organisation in Australia?'

Regards,
Abhishek
You can enter your employer details. There is no harm if you mention it.

__________________

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.