Advise needed about Date Of Effect and 189 visa

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

Advise needed about Date Of Effect and 189 visa


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 1st February 2020, 01:18 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 0
holyhexor is on a distinguished road

Default Advise needed about Date Of Effect and 189 visa

Hi all.

Great forum and found heaps of useful information here for the 189 visa.
I submitted an EOI for 189 visa stating I had NAATI credentials in early December 2019. However, I only received the credential in late Jan. When/if I receive an invite and I apply for this visa, will this be deemed as a problem?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 1st February 2020, 01:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 740
Rep Power: 67
mail2notif is just really nicemail2notif is just really nicemail2notif is just really nicemail2notif is just really nicemail2notif is just really nice
158 likes received
126 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhexor View Post
Hi all.



Great forum and found heaps of useful information here for the 189 visa.

I submitted an EOI for 189 visa stating I had NAATI credentials in early December 2019. However, I only received the credential in late Jan. When/if I receive an invite and I apply for this visa, will this be deemed as a problem?



Thanks a lot for your time.
Changing NAATI dates won't change your date of effect. This date of effect (doe) will only change if updating EOI results in total point change.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

__________________
261313 - Software Engineer
-------------------------
Age: 30, Education: 15, PTE: 20, Experience: 10 (Total 75)


Timeline
-------
190 DOE: 80 with SS (29-July-2019) - QLD (75+5)
QLD State Invite: 24-Oct-2019
State Application: 26-Oct-2019
ITA: 15-Nov-2019
Visa Application Lodgement: 29-Nov-2019
Medicals: 10-Dec-2019
CO Contact: 18-Mar-2020
Responded to CO: 19-Mar-2020
Visa Grant:
-------
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 1st February 2020, 01:43 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 0
holyhexor is on a distinguished road

Default

Thanks for your reply. The EOI doesn't actually ask for the NAATI date. I created an EOI stating I had NAATI credentials when in fact, I didn't. Now I do. When I submit my application would this be a problem? As in, how did my EOI with DOE in early December with 90 points exist (with 5 from NAATI) when it was only in late Jan that I received my NAATI credentials.

Hope that makes sense.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 1st February 2020, 01:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 740
Rep Power: 67
mail2notif is just really nicemail2notif is just really nicemail2notif is just really nicemail2notif is just really nicemail2notif is just really nice
158 likes received
126 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhexor View Post
Thanks for your reply. The EOI doesn't actually ask for the NAATI date. I created an EOI stating I had NAATI credentials when in fact, I didn't. Now I do. When I submit my application would this be a problem? As in, how did my EOI with DOE in early December with 90 points exist (with 5 from NAATI) when it was only in late Jan that I received my NAATI credentials.



Hope that makes sense.
Better to create new EOI because after November changes points are the only thing which matters and date doesn't.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

__________________
261313 - Software Engineer
-------------------------
Age: 30, Education: 15, PTE: 20, Experience: 10 (Total 75)


Timeline
-------
190 DOE: 80 with SS (29-July-2019) - QLD (75+5)
QLD State Invite: 24-Oct-2019
State Application: 26-Oct-2019
ITA: 15-Nov-2019
Visa Application Lodgement: 29-Nov-2019
Medicals: 10-Dec-2019
CO Contact: 18-Mar-2020
Responded to CO: 19-Mar-2020
Visa Grant:
-------
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 1st February 2020, 01:53 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 0
holyhexor is on a distinguished road

Default

I have created an EOI with the bonus points. Except it was before I received my NAATI certificate. Will the CO flag this when I apply for 189?

Sorry if I am being unclear.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 1st February 2020, 02:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 740
Rep Power: 67
mail2notif is just really nicemail2notif is just really nicemail2notif is just really nicemail2notif is just really nicemail2notif is just really nice
158 likes received
126 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhexor View Post
I have created an EOI with the bonus points. Except it was before I received my NAATI certificate. Will the CO flag this when I apply for 189?



Sorry if I am being unclear.
Yes.

What's the issue in creating new EOI for safe end? You can wait for other senior members to respond if you want more confirmation.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

__________________
261313 - Software Engineer
-------------------------
Age: 30, Education: 15, PTE: 20, Experience: 10 (Total 75)


Timeline
-------
190 DOE: 80 with SS (29-July-2019) - QLD (75+5)
QLD State Invite: 24-Oct-2019
State Application: 26-Oct-2019
ITA: 15-Nov-2019
Visa Application Lodgement: 29-Nov-2019
Medicals: 10-Dec-2019
CO Contact: 18-Mar-2020
Responded to CO: 19-Mar-2020
Visa Grant:
-------
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10th February 2020, 04:19 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0
balim is on a distinguished road
7 likes given

Default

Hi All,
I have similar situation but with PTE scores. I've claimed the superior points in October 2019 and suspended my EOI. Finally on 3rd attempt I managed to get 79+ in early February. After unsuspending the EOI and updating the reference ID field the DOE still shows October 2019. Will this be a problem?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10th February 2020, 04:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 60
Rep Power: 0
juni_001 is on a distinguished road
16 likes received
12 likes given

Default

I consulted a mara agent in regards to early claiming.
Early claiming PTE, natti, skills assessment all become a reason for refusal, and this is the far most frequent reason people get refusal along with medical and over claiming experience.

You early claimed the point, making your DOE December, you get invited then you will have to submit the naati result as a mandatory evidence for your point claim in application process, the naati result will show the date of your result.
the very first thing case officers do is comparing the result date and your DOE as a part of assessment ensuring the applicants did not early claimed the points jumping in the queue (this is according to the agent as such people get the direct rejection letter even without being asked other supporting documents such as PCC, medical etc).
in your case, naati comes after the DOE.
it may not look to be a problem as you don't have to put the date on your EOI but you have to remember you will still need to submit the test result which reveals everything. EOI system is full of faults yet case officers are not that stupid. skills assessment same, your DOE has to be on or after result, PTE same, the DOE has to be on or after the date it shows on your result paper. if you still think you can get away with it, consult mara agent that you trust, they will say the same i just said. better withdraw the current eoi which allows people ahead of you get cleared and not goes to a waste, create a new eoi. this way you will have less people on the queue before you when you get the invite. and avoid ending up with bad immigration record which hinders your future application that you will definitely have to do if you go ahead with this EOI you have.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10th February 2020, 04:53 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0
balim is on a distinguished road
7 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juni_001 View Post
I consulted a mara agent in regards to early claiming.
Early claiming PTE, natti, skills assessment all become a reason for refusal, and this is the far most frequent reason people get refusal along with medical and over claiming experience.

You early claimed the point, making your DOE December, you get invited then you will have to submit the naati result as a mandatory evidence for your point claim in application process, the naati result will show the date of your result.
the very first thing case officers do is comparing the result date and your DOE as a part of assessment ensuring the applicants did not early claimed the points jumping in the queue (this is according to the agent as such people get the direct rejection letter even without being asked other supporting documents such as PCC, medical etc).
in your case, naati comes after the DOE.
it may not look to be a problem as you don't have to put the date on your EOI but you have to remember you will still need to submit the test result which reveals everything. EOI system is full of faults yet case officers are not that stupid. skills assessment same, your DOE has to be on or after result, PTE same, the DOE has to be on or after the date it shows on your result paper. if you still think you can get away with it, consult mara agent that you trust, they will say the same i just said. better withdraw the current eoi which allows people ahead of you get cleared and not goes to a waste, create a new eoi. this way you will have less people on the queue before you when you get the invite. and avoid ending up with bad immigration record which hinders your future application that you will definitely have to do if you go ahead with this EOI you have.
Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10th February 2020, 06:05 PM
mustafa01's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 416
Rep Power: 0
mustafa01 is on a distinguished road
99 likes received
8 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhexor View Post
Hi all.

Great forum and found heaps of useful information here for the 189 visa.
I submitted an EOI for 189 visa stating I had NAATI credentials in early December 2019. However, I only received the credential in late Jan. When/if I receive an invite and I apply for this visa, will this be deemed as a problem?

Thanks a lot for your time.
Totally agree what juni_001 says.

__________________

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Tags
189, date of effect, naati

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.