IED Waiver - First Landing Delays

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

IED Waiver - First Landing Delays


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 15th September 2019, 04:57 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
leoam is on a distinguished road

Default IED Waiver - First Landing Delays

Hello All,

I have an IED Waiver letter for my 189 visa. I'm planning to do a transit trip to Australia next month. I had read somewhere before that with the waiver letter, there can be delays at immigration upon the first landing.

Issue is, my transit time is about 3.5 hours time between flights and I'm not sure if this is enough.

Does anyone have any idea of how long it will take for the first immigration? And will I require any special document - Birth Certificate, Educational Certifications, Marriage Certificate etc to be shown at this time?

Thanks in advance!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 15th September 2019, 05:08 AM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 20,457
Rep Power: 1088
NB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to behold
5856 likes received
293 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoam View Post
Hello All,

I have an IED Waiver letter for my 189 visa. I'm planning to do a transit trip to Australia next month. I had read somewhere before that with the waiver letter, there can be delays at immigration upon the first landing.

Issue is, my transit time is about 3.5 hours time between flights and I'm not sure if this is enough.

Does anyone have any idea of how long it will take for the first immigration? And will I require any special document - Birth Certificate, Educational Certifications, Marriage Certificate etc to be shown at this time?

Thanks in advance!
You need only the grant letter and the IED waiver letter for all the applicants
How much time it will take will probably depend on the queue at the immigration counter when your flight lands
Do you have to complete the checkin formalities for your next flight or you will already have a boarding pass ?

Cheers

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 15th September 2019, 05:53 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
leoam is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB View Post
You need only the grant letter and the IED waiver letter for all the applicants
How much time it will take will probably depend on the queue at the immigration counter when your flight lands
Do you have to complete the checkin formalities for your next flight or you will already have a boarding pass ?

Cheers
Thanks for the quick reply. The plan is to fly budget airlines, so I'm doubtful if I will have the boarding pass ready, though I will try to keep that in mind.

Flight is to the Perth Airport, is it generally crowded? From what you have mentioned, I understand there is no specific delay for the IED Waived Immigrants - extra checking, longer wait etc?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 15th September 2019, 06:03 AM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 20,457
Rep Power: 1088
NB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to behold
5856 likes received
293 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoam View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. The plan is to fly budget airlines, so I'm doubtful if I will have the boarding pass ready, though I will try to keep that in mind.

Flight is to the Perth Airport, is it generally crowded? From what you have mentioned, I understand there is no specific delay for the IED Waived Immigrants - extra checking, longer wait etc?
The department will verify whether your waiver is genuine or not
Now how much additional time it will take as I said will depend on how busy the counters are
You are taking a grave risk if you have to complete checkin formalities for your next flight with only 3.5 hours in hand

Cheers

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 15th September 2019, 12:09 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
leoam is on a distinguished road

Default

Thanks a ton for your support NB. I will try to change to a different flight, the next option I have is 4 hours or 20 hours :S

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 15th September 2019, 12:16 PM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 20,457
Rep Power: 1088
NB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to behold
5856 likes received
293 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoam View Post
Thanks a ton for your support NB. I will try to change to a different flight, the next option I have is 4 hours or 20 hours :S
I would have gone with 20 hours
Spend the night in a hotel near to the airport, but that would be money well spent
No tensions

Cheers

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.