189 Invitations: October 2019 - Page 2

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

Like Tree16Likes

189 Invitations: October 2019 - Page 2


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 12th September 2019, 01:37 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 0
adumithu is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default https://www.iscah.com/september-2019-estimates-may-get-189-invitation/

The latest Estimate by Iscah is very discouraging for 80 pointers.

Could not still believe that with 80 points also you have to wait for more than 1 year.

Hope the estimate is not accurate.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 12th September 2019, 01:44 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 0
australiandreams is on a distinguished road

Default

What’s the best regional area for engineers? Adelaide or Tasmania?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 12th September 2019, 01:49 AM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 15,870
Rep Power: 845
NB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to beholdNB is a splendid one to behold
4781 likes received
238 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adumithu View Post
The latest Estimate by Iscah is very discouraging for 80 pointers.

Could not still believe that with 80 points also you have to wait for more than 1 year.

Hope the estimate is not accurate.
In my opinion the government focus has shifted from 189 to 186/190
Already there are talks of further restricting the 189 quota from 18,000

They want the states and employers to sponsor which ever Anzsco codes they feel are in shortage in their state
Under 189 As the invites and places get more and more limited , Only the brightest will get sponsored


Cheers

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 12th September 2019, 06:16 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: India
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 0
iamparikh is on a distinguished road
1 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB View Post
In my opinion the government focus has shifted from 189 to 186/190

Already there are talks of further restricting the 189 quota from 18,000



They want the states and employers to sponsor which ever Anzsco codes they feel are in shortage in their state

Under 189 As the invites and places get more and more limited , Only the brightest will get sponsored





Cheers


Employers are not whole heartedly supportive of the idea behind 186, it might happen if they are not getting resources after a long search in market and then have to kind of go for sponsorship.

In past 2 months I have had enough rejections and indefinite holds from big organisations, when they hear that I would require sponsorship. In around 80% Job Descriptions it is specifically mentioned that candidates should be a Permanent Resident.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 12th September 2019, 06:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Cairns
Posts: 222
Rep Power: 0
Pathpk is on a distinguished road
86 likes received
82 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamparikh View Post
Employers are not whole heartedly supportive of the idea behind 186, it might happen if they are not getting resources after a long search in market and then have to kind of go for sponsorship.

In past 2 months I have had enough rejections and indefinite holds from big organisations, when they hear that I would require sponsorship. In around 80% Job Descriptions it is specifically mentioned that candidates should be a Permanent Resident.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If u r onshore, keep applying irrespective of the visa conditions in job description. My mate did the same and went thru the interview processes. It's at the very last minute he used to mention that he needs sponsorship. Most companies then declined but finally 1 company agreed to sponsor him (even though their condition was PR). So never say never, keep trying.

__________________
ANZSCO: 233513
Occupation: Production or Plant Engineer
Type: Subclass 189
EOI DOE: 27 Nov 2017
ITA: 11 Aug 2018
189 Grant Date: 8 Nov 2018 (Direct grant)

Points Breakdown :
Age Points - 30
Education Points - 20
English Points - 20
Total - 70
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 12th September 2019, 06:46 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0
Shyamal_021 is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adumithu View Post
The latest Estimate by Iscah is very discouraging for 80 pointers.

Could not still believe that with 80 points also you have to wait for more than 1 year.

Hope the estimate is not accurate.
The predictions by ISCAH doesn't take into account the new point changes in November.
Also, it is based on the assumption that DHA will issue about 100 invitations until December.

It is indeed disheartening to see this but lets be hopeful.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 12th September 2019, 06:49 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: India
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 0
iamparikh is on a distinguished road
1 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathpk View Post
If u r onshore, keep applying irrespective of the visa conditions in job description. My mate did the same and went thru the interview processes. It's at the very last minute he used to mention that he needs sponsorship. Most companies then declined but finally 1 company agreed to sponsor him (even though their condition was PR). So never say never, keep trying.


I am offshore, but then in the screening round this question is asked by all the employers when they are discussing the opportunity and our background and motivation. Simply put itís an elimination strategy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 12th September 2019, 06:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Cairns
Posts: 222
Rep Power: 0
Pathpk is on a distinguished road
86 likes received
82 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamparikh View Post
I am offshore, but then in the screening round this question is asked by all the employers when they are discussing the opportunity and our background and motivation. Simply put it’s an elimination strategy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, if u r not based onshore, it's a tough battle. Even offshore PR holders find it hard to get a job.

__________________
ANZSCO: 233513
Occupation: Production or Plant Engineer
Type: Subclass 189
EOI DOE: 27 Nov 2017
ITA: 11 Aug 2018
189 Grant Date: 8 Nov 2018 (Direct grant)

Points Breakdown :
Age Points - 30
Education Points - 20
English Points - 20
Total - 70

Last edited by Pathpk; 12th September 2019 at 07:00 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 16th September 2019, 02:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,910
Rep Power: 235
Maggie-May24 has much to be proud ofMaggie-May24 has much to be proud ofMaggie-May24 has much to be proud ofMaggie-May24 has much to be proud ofMaggie-May24 has much to be proud ofMaggie-May24 has much to be proud ofMaggie-May24 has much to be proud ofMaggie-May24 has much to be proud of
636 likes received
33 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from canada. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnk009 View Post
Hope this will relieve some pressure:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49655719


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With all the uncertainty around Brexit, I wonder how many people are considering migration to the UK.

__________________
If you have a question, ask it on the forum. I won't answer private messages about your EOI submission, skills assessments, etc. as I am not an expert.
186 visa - Temporary Residence Transition stream - Granted Dec 2013
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 16th September 2019, 03:45 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0
lakskant is on a distinguished road
2 likes received
7 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from singapore. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyamal_021 View Post
The predictions by ISCAH doesn't take into account the new point changes in November.
Also, it is based on the assumption that DHA will issue about 100 invitations until December.

It is indeed disheartening to see this but lets be hopeful.
They updated that all estimated points will go up by 5 points.

I hope that their assumptions are wrong

__________________
ANZSCO : 261313
ACS submit date : 17-Apr-2019
ACS Result : 10-May-2019
PTE : 12-June-2019 (L-87 R-90 S-90 W-90)
EOI 189: 80 Points, Age(30)+Edu (15)+ Exp (10)+Eng(20)+SP(5)
DOE : 02-July-2019
ITA :
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in



Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.