Need advice about opportunity

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By shree432
  • 1 Post By mail2notif
  • 1 Post By mail2notif
  • 1 Post By congian911

Need advice about opportunity


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 20th July 2019, 07:13 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0
easyrimka is on a distinguished road
6 likes given

Default Need advice about opportunity

Hello everybody. I am new to this forum, and i am seeking some help from experienced peoples.
I am working as a system administrator in a software company , since 3 years. Before that, i worked in several companies for the same job. The first point is that i have no diploma. I have at least 10 years of experience in my job.

My company is interested by sending me in APAC zone, Australia, or Singapore, this must be done before end of year. We already have offices there.
  1. I am reviewing pre-requisite for both countries, and it seem very difficult for Australia to get a job visa. Between both locations, i prefer Australia, Sydney, because of the way of life, climate, but i tend to choose Singapore, because it seem it will be easier to get a job visa. What do you think ?
  1. Regarding Australian visa, 482 medium seem not available for me because there is no System administrator in the list. However, system analyst, and i am wondering if i can apply for this qualification, because job description seem pretty close to System Administrator. What do you think ?
  1. System admin is available in Short Term list, wich seem the best visa for me, but only for 2 yearsn. I can get a renewal 1 time, but after 4 years, i have to leave Australia, right ? There is no chance to get a PR visa before end of 4 years ?

I am scratching my head because i dont know what is the best choice, and i want to miss this opportunity for my life. If anyone can help, it will be great, thanks a lot !

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 20th July 2019, 07:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: India
Posts: 60
Rep Power: 0
shree432 is on a distinguished road
4 likes received
19 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in india.
Default

Lucky you that your company is giving such an opportunity. I worked as System admin before but never had such a chance.

But yes its true that this skill is not in long term short list for Australia.

Lets wait for experienced people to advise you
easyrimka likes this.

__________________
ANZSCO code : 263111
ITA NSW Central west: 5th Dec 2018
Lodged 489 : 26th Jan 2019
********************************

You can update in your signature with your timelines
Click your Profile name --> Customize profile(below star symbols) --> Left pane under "settings and options" fine "Edit Signature
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 20th July 2019, 07:52 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0
easyrimka is on a distinguished road
6 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shree432 View Post
Lucky you that your company is giving such an opportunity. I worked as System admin before but never had such a chance.

But yes its true that this skill is not in long term short list for Australia.

Lets wait for experienced people to advise you
Yes i know, thats why i don't want to ruin my chance... And luckily , there is a possibility to go to Singapore if Australia is too hard to get. But i dont think they let me fail one visa and apply another country, i think i have only a one shot try.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 20th July 2019, 10:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 331
Rep Power: 0
mail2notif is on a distinguished road
65 likes received
82 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrimka View Post
Hello everybody. I am new to this forum, and i am seeking some help from experienced peoples.

I am working as a system administrator in a software company , since 3 years. Before that, i worked in several companies for the same job. The first point is that i have no diploma. I have at least 10 years of experience in my job.



My company is interested by sending me in APAC zone, Australia, or Singapore, this must be done before end of year. We already have offices there.


  1. I am reviewing pre-requisite for both countries, and it seem very difficult for Australia to get a job visa. Between both locations, i prefer Australia, Sydney, because of the way of life, climate, but i tend to choose Singapore, because it seem it will be easier to get a job visa. What do you think ?


  1. Regarding Australian visa, 482 medium seem not available for me because there is no System administrator in the list. However, system analyst, and i am wondering if i can apply for this qualification, because job description seem pretty close to System Administrator. What do you think ?


  1. System admin is available in Short Term list, wich seem the best visa for me, but only for 2 yearsn. I can get a renewal 1 time, but after 4 years, i have to leave Australia, right ? There is no chance to get a PR visa before end of 4 years ?



I am scratching my head because i dont know what is the best choice, and i want to miss this opportunity for my life. If anyone can help, it will be great, thanks a lot !
Singapore weather doesn't suit many because it stays humid all year. On rainy days it gets better but otherwise for full year it's the same weather. Singapore have been the most expensive city/country from last few years. Rental is the most expensive thing and you could end up spending 12%-25% of your salary on it. Public Transportation is very good but on other hand owning a car would be nightmare for you. Car costs minimum $50k in Singapore as minimum car starts with $12-15k and to drive it you need COE (certificate of entitlement) which costs $30-38k. After adding insurance and maintenance it becomes quite an expense for many. Kids education is also very expensive so keep that in mind if you are married and have kids or planning to have in short term. As kids for foreigners don't get into public schooling easily and end up in international schools where it costs $16-20k per semester. So if you have more than 1 kid then you should consider the education expenses. If you lose your job you would just have 30 days to find new one else go home. If your spouse is working then it would be quite difficult for them to job on Dependant pass visa as employers prefer people on work visa or local/citizens. So even at times with work visa it's hard to get job as too many applications and especially foreigners while not every company can hire them due to govt requirement. But usually big companies can hire easily. Overall it's your total salary minus taxes (low taxes) minus expenses. Singapore is midst of South Asia so it's easy to roam around. PR perspective is zero to hundred depending upon your luck as criteria is blackbox. If you are Indian then chances of PR rejection is high as they have been quite strict. Singapore would be good choice if you want to stay near home, pay less taxes but it could be bad choice in long term given no PR guarantee, high expenses etc.on side note Sydney is very expensive and probably the most costliest city of Australia.

If job description is close for 482 then your company should be able to apply that. Ask them if they would be willing to use 186 visa later in the future. It's PR visa and it's hassle free. Not sure not having diploma/degree would make you eligible for 482/186 or not. As certain visa can have a requirement for minimum education.

2 years work visa is enough. You would get the same 2 year visa for Singapore and if renew is successful you would get 3-5 years most likely. For Australia at least your experience in Australia would count towards your PR. So think long term or short term what do you need. After working 1 year you can apply for PR there I no stopping unless 482 have some visa condition which prohibits you but from what I know there is none. Please double check. All the time you stay in Australia is benefit for you because for 189/190 it would get counted and in some cases state might sponsor you. NSW just recently applied local work and living conditions for many occupations like software engineers meaning no one from offshore would be eligible and only people working in NSW or living there would be. Beware that no diploma means ACS can deduct around 4-6 years of your experience to make it equal Australian qualification and you may end up loosing few points. Reveiw the current points for your occupation code and see where do you stand. Getting to Australia would help you with few points definitely.

If I were you I would see what's my long term goal vs. Short term goal and which country visa would give me long term benefits. If money is the issue or want to stay near home or want to roam more in different countries and have no issue with education/living expenses or weather then come to Singapore. But if you intend to apply for PR and get another nationality then think about Australia and do your research.

Good luck



Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
easyrimka likes this.

__________________
261313 - Software Engineer
-------------------------
189 DOE: 75 (11-June-2019)
190 DOE: 80 (11-June-2019) - VIC
190/489 DOE: 80/85 (29-July-2019) - QLD
--
Invite:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 20th July 2019, 10:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 331
Rep Power: 0
mail2notif is on a distinguished road
65 likes received
82 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrimka View Post
Yes i know, thats why i don't want to ruin my chance... And luckily , there is a possibility to go to Singapore if Australia is too hard to get. But i dont think they let me fail one visa and apply another country, i think i have only a one shot try.
No harm in asking. Singapore can also reject your first application because there is no guarantee if you would get it. If your company have applied for work visa before they would know what's the success rate for them. In order to bring you to Singapore your company would have to show why you are different and why nobody from local could be hired in this position. For that they hAve to advertise the job for 2-4 weeks usually and show no candidate fitted the profile. Next it's upto govt to see if they want to give you visa or no. If your company intends to apply for EP then having university degree is must for most of the cases. But they have consider the cases without diploma as well though chances would reduce.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
easyrimka likes this.

__________________
261313 - Software Engineer
-------------------------
189 DOE: 75 (11-June-2019)
190 DOE: 80 (11-June-2019) - VIC
190/489 DOE: 80/85 (29-July-2019) - QLD
--
Invite:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 20th July 2019, 11:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 117
Rep Power: 0
congian911 is on a distinguished road
28 likes received
34 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from vietnam. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Well if you're young, single and willing to work hard for your dreams then go to Australia mate.

Sent from my SM-J400F using Tapatalk
easyrimka likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 20th July 2019, 11:24 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0
easyrimka is on a distinguished road
6 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2notif View Post
Singapore weather doesn't suit many because it stays humid all year. On rainy days it gets better but otherwise for full year it's the same weather. Singapore have been the most expensive city/country from last few years. Rental is the most expensive thing and you could end up spending 12%-25% of your salary on it. Public Transportation is very good but on other hand owning a car would be nightmare for you. Car costs minimum $50k in Singapore as minimum car starts with $12-15k and to drive it you need COE (certificate of entitlement) which costs $30-38k. After adding insurance and maintenance it becomes quite an expense for many. Kids education is also very expensive so keep that in mind if you are married and have kids or planning to have in short term. As kids for foreigners don't get into public schooling easily and end up in international schools where it costs $16-20k per semester. So if you have more than 1 kid then you should consider the education expenses. If you lose your job you would just have 30 days to find new one else go home. If your spouse is working then it would be quite difficult for them to job on Dependant pass visa as employers prefer people on work visa or local/citizens. So even at times with work visa it's hard to get job as too many applications and especially foreigners while not every company can hire them due to govt requirement. But usually big companies can hire easily. Overall it's your total salary minus taxes (low taxes) minus expenses. Singapore is midst of South Asia so it's easy to roam around. PR perspective is zero to hundred depending upon your luck as criteria is blackbox. If you are Indian then chances of PR rejection is high as they have been quite strict. Singapore would be good choice if you want to stay near home, pay less taxes but it could be bad choice in long term given no PR guarantee, high expenses etc.on side note Sydney is very expensive and probably the most costliest city of Australia.

If job description is close for 482 then your company should be able to apply that. Ask them if they would be willing to use 186 visa later in the future. It's PR visa and it's hassle free. Not sure not having diploma/degree would make you eligible for 482/186 or not. As certain visa can have a requirement for minimum education.

2 years work visa is enough. You would get the same 2 year visa for Singapore and if renew is successful you would get 3-5 years most likely. For Australia at least your experience in Australia would count towards your PR. So think long term or short term what do you need. After working 1 year you can apply for PR there I no stopping unless 482 have some visa condition which prohibits you but from what I know there is none. Please double check. All the time you stay in Australia is benefit for you because for 189/190 it would get counted and in some cases state might sponsor you. NSW just recently applied local work and living conditions for many occupations like software engineers meaning no one from offshore would be eligible and only people working in NSW or living there would be. Beware that no diploma means ACS can deduct around 4-6 years of your experience to make it equal Australian qualification and you may end up loosing few points. Reveiw the current points for your occupation code and see where do you stand. Getting to Australia would help you with few points definitely.

If I were you I would see what's my long term goal vs. Short term goal and which country visa would give me long term benefits. If money is the issue or want to stay near home or want to roam more in different countries and have no issue with education/living expenses or weather then come to Singapore. But if you intend to apply for PR and get another nationality then think about Australia and do your research.

Good luck



Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
this is the most complete answer i had , thanks a lot !

more informations about me. I am french, living in Paris. No kids, no wife for the moment. I know Singapore is very "strict", but i have no issue with that. but i like that it is center in Asia, this must be great to move around for a weekends. Also, i know the weather, i went many time there. I dont like driving cars, and i dont plan to buy or drive while overseas, and mostly while the drive side is english !
The fact is, i really like to move from France, this is my decision. I tried to go the US with my company, but had no luck , Trump is here and they said it is now complicated.

I know Australia is great, but i really dont like the fact that with a 482 short term, once I arrive n Australia, i will have to run everywhere to fix my situation. With a medium term, would be easier and i will , without doubt, choose Australia. I hope the job description trick can work, but i doubt, i dont think i can fool government with such an obvious workaround. If by chance someone did the same and it worked, it will be great to let me know... We will see whant lawyer say when we will start the procedure.... Thanks a lot for the 186 subclass, was not aware about it !

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 21st July 2019, 05:13 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 331
Rep Power: 0
mail2notif is on a distinguished road
65 likes received
82 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrimka View Post
this is the most complete answer i had , thanks a lot !



more informations about me. I am french, living in Paris. No kids, no wife for the moment. I know Singapore is very "strict", but i have no issue with that. but i like that it is center in Asia, this must be great to move around for a weekends. Also, i know the weather, i went many time there. I dont like driving cars, and i dont plan to buy or drive while overseas, and mostly while the drive side is english !

The fact is, i really like to move from France, this is my decision. I tried to go the US with my company, but had no luck , Trump is here and they said it is now complicated.



I know Australia is great, but i really dont like the fact that with a 482 short term, once I arrive n Australia, i will have to run everywhere to fix my situation. With a medium term, would be easier and i will , without doubt, choose Australia. I hope the job description trick can work, but i doubt, i dont think i can fool government with such an obvious workaround. If by chance someone did the same and it worked, it will be great to let me know... We will see whant lawyer say when we will start the procedure.... Thanks a lot for the 186 subclass, was not aware about it !
Glad to help.

If you are French then you already have a strong passport with good job perspectives anywhere in the Europe. Especially after the Brexit scene things might be better for you in Ireland or Germany. US is no doubt difficult but if your company have presence there it shouldn't be a problem to get you on L1 visa which is basically intra company transfer which takes around 7-8 months. But definitely moving you there would be expensive for them maybe that's why they are dodging it or perhaps just the cost of application itself as well.

If you have decided to leave France then according to the info you have given Singapore seems more reasonable and makes much more sense. As far job description is concerned don't worry, HR and immigration lawyers or agents are well aware of such details.

186 is good visa but takes time and willingness of your company. With your passport your work visa is fine and for renewal your company would have to apply for both countries. They can't just leave you hanging or maybe you just want to switch before that. Totally upto you.

Good luck.

Sent from Tapatalk

__________________
261313 - Software Engineer
-------------------------
189 DOE: 75 (11-June-2019)
190 DOE: 80 (11-June-2019) - VIC
190/489 DOE: 80/85 (29-July-2019) - QLD
--
Invite:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.