Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad

Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/)
-   Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/)
-   -   Claiming Partner's Point (189) - All Questions (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/1483742-claiming-partners-point-189-all-questions.html)

Vinuyash 27th September 2019 01:38 PM

Thank you NB.
Did you check there is a latest update to ACS guidelines.

More changes for people who submitting statutory declaration or affidavit.

NB 27th September 2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinuyash (Post 14957884)
Thank you NB.
Did you check there is a latest update to ACS guidelines.

More changes for people who submitting statutory declaration or affidavit.

Yes , I did
BTW , some of The changes are applicable for reference letters also

Good thing that ACS is plugging the holes
Cheers

Vinuyash 7th October 2019 02:18 AM

Just a clarification

In claiming partner points for 189 PR

Below mentioned all 3 points are mandatory ? Or if partner any one of these is enough ?

My partner should be aged Under 45
My partner has competent English ability
My partner can pass skill assessment In an occupation on the applicable Skilled occupations list of my subclass.

Because, one of my friends partner has skilled occupation list without partner PTE is this valid .?

NB 7th October 2019 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinuyash (Post 14963498)
Just a clarification

In claiming partner points for 189 PR

Below mentioned all 3 points are mandatory ? Or if partner any one of these is enough ?

My partner should be aged Under 45
My partner has competent English ability
My partner can pass skill assessment In an occupation on the applicable Skilled occupations list of my subclass.

Because, one of my friends partner has skilled occupation list without partner PTE is this valid .?

Nope

All 3 conditions have to be met
There is no ifs and buts

After 16 Nov you may be able to claim 5 points for spouse competent English only if she doesn’t have skills assessment , but without competent English, bad luck. No points

Cheers

Cheers

Wafz 7th October 2019 02:37 PM

I'm actually freaking out. I have am on 80 points, with EOI on the 10th of september. from november I'll have 90 points (single). My graduate visa expires on the 30th of January.

If my 485 expires and I still haven't received an invitation, does that mean that when I get an invitation once I'm offshore, I won't be eligible for a bridging visa?

Do you guys reckon I have chance to get an invitation? currently they are only giving invitations to 85 and 90 pointers in my profession.

NB 7th October 2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wafz (Post 14963842)
I'm actually freaking out. I have am on 80 points, with EOI on the 10th of september. from november I'll have 90 points (single). My graduate visa expires on the 30th of January.

If my 485 expires and I still haven't received an invitation, does that mean that when I get an invitation once I'm offshore, I won't be eligible for a bridging visa?

Do you guys reckon I have chance to get an invitation? currently they are only giving invitations to 85 and 90 pointers in my profession.

If you are offshore, you won’t get a Bridging visa

Cheers

akjsap29 20th February 2020 12:38 PM

Both Self and Partner submitting EOIs.
 
Hi Guys,

As of now we are waiting with 85 points for 189 and 90 points for 190 VIC with 261312 ANZSCO code. My wife is the primary applicant and we are in the queue from 30th Oct 2019.

1) Is there any point if I apply myself as a primary applicant for 190 VIC with score being 75 point. The only reason for this thought is I am working for an Australia based company and was thinking if that will have any positive edge.

2) Also, if the ACS is not expired (2yrs) and my wife working for the same company can we claim additional 5 points if her experience cross 8+ yrs or do we need to re-apply for ACS.

Appreciate your expert advise.

NB 20th February 2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akjsap29 (Post 15046936)
Hi Guys,

As of now we are waiting with 85 points for 189 and 90 points for 190 VIC with 261312 ANZSCO code. My wife is the primary applicant and we are in the queue from 30th Oct 2019.

1) Is there any point if I apply myself as a primary applicant for 190 VIC with score being 75 point. The only reason for this thought is I am working for an Australia based company and was thinking if that will have any positive edge.

2) Also, if the ACS is not expired (2yrs) and my wife working for the same company can we claim additional 5 points if her experience cross 8+ yrs or do we need to re-apply for ACS.

Appreciate your expert advise.

1. If you have completed all the assessment and English test, then submit the EOI
What do you have to lose

2. If she is working for the same company, job, designation, location and RnR, then she can claim points without reassessment with minimal risk
If even one of the above changes, she should get reassessed

Cheers

NB 20th February 2020 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wafz (Post 14963842)
I'm actually freaking out. I have am on 80 points, with EOI on the 10th of september. from november I'll have 90 points (single). My graduate visa expires on the 30th of January.

If my 485 expires and I still haven't received an invitation, does that mean that when I get an invitation once I'm offshore, I won't be eligible for a bridging visa?

Do you guys reckon I have chance to get an invitation? currently they are only giving invitations to 85 and 90 pointers in my profession.

You will not get a bridging visa if you are offshore

Cheers

akjsap29 20th February 2020 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NB (Post 15046944)
1. If you have completed all the assessment and English test, then submit the EOI
What do you have to lose

2. If she is working for the same company, job, designation, location and RnR, then she can claim points without reassessment with minimal risk
If even one of the above changes, she should get reassessed

Cheers

Thanks for your advise.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.