One of the Employer not ready to confirm Roles and Responsibilities | SC 189

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

Like Tree3Likes

One of the Employer not ready to confirm Roles and Responsibilities | SC 189


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 21st April 2019, 06:56 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 0
muds is on a distinguished road
7 likes given

Default One of the Employer not ready to confirm Roles and Responsibilities | SC 189

Hi all

I am in a weird situation, one of previous company's are not ready to confirm my roles and responsibilities whilst I worked for the.

I requested enough but they say everyone who could confirm has left the organisation, it was in 2011

They have given me a letter confirming dates i worked there and my designation too, and have also mentioned on a letter head that they can not provide the detailed roles and responsibilities as it is not their policy.

Also, I can't get hold of any colleague who would write a statement for me.

In such a case, is their a recommended way to proceed with ACS like writing a self declaration or something else that works?

I do have offer letter (does not mention tech stack or responsibilities as such) and salary slips if that helps.

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks
M.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 21st April 2019, 07:00 AM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 15,377
Rep Power: 814
NB is a jewel in the roughNB is a jewel in the roughNB is a jewel in the rough
4639 likes received
232 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muds View Post
Hi all

I am in a weird situation, one of previous company's are not ready to confirm my roles and responsibilities whilst I worked for the.

I requested enough but they say everyone who could confirm has left the organisation, it was in 2011

They have given me a letter confirming dates i worked there and my designation too, and have also mentioned on a letter head that they can not provide the detailed roles and responsibilities as it is not their policy.

Also, I can't get hold of any colleague who would write a statement for me.

In such a case, is their a recommended way to proceed with ACS like writing a self declaration or something else that works?

I do have offer letter (does not mention tech stack or responsibilities as such) and salary slips if that helps.

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks
M.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Without a SD or a reference letter, there is no way that you claim that experience
Self declaration has been stopped by ACS ages ago

You will have to forgo that experience when applying for assessment to ACS

Cheers
muds likes this.

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 21st April 2019, 07:05 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 0
muds is on a distinguished road
7 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB View Post
Without a SD or a reference letter, there is no way that you claim that experience

Self declaration has been stopped by ACS ages ago



You will have to forgo that experience when applying for assessment to ACS



Cheers
I have a reference letter but that just confirms dates I worked at the organisation and my job title, I was counting on that along with a SD

Any other ways you can suggest as my Job title was infact Software Developer and that sums up most of my responsibilities and if one sees that along with my other experiences it would make sense to them

Not sure if it works that way!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 21st April 2019, 07:08 AM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 15,377
Rep Power: 814
NB is a jewel in the roughNB is a jewel in the roughNB is a jewel in the rough
4639 likes received
232 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muds View Post
I have a reference letter but that just confirms dates I worked at the organisation and my job title, I was counting on that along with a SD

Any other ways you can suggest as my Job title was infact Software Developer and that sums up most of my responsibilities and if one sees that along with my other experiences it would make sense to them

Not sure if it works that way!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You said you cannot get a SD ?
Moreover you have a experience letter, not a reference letter
Don’t mix up the terms or you may get misguided by somebody

If you can get a SD, no issues

Cheers

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 21st April 2019, 07:10 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 0
muds is on a distinguished road
7 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB View Post
You said you cannot get a SD ?
Moreover you have a experience letter, not a reference letter
Donít mix up the terms or you may get misguided by somebody

If you can get a SD, no issues

Cheers
Oh Sorry, yes I have an experience letter and not reference letter.

Sorry I thought SD was a self declaration, like a declaration by myself, is it not?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 21st April 2019, 07:11 AM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 15,377
Rep Power: 814
NB is a jewel in the roughNB is a jewel in the roughNB is a jewel in the rough
4639 likes received
232 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muds View Post
Oh Sorry, yes I have an experience letter and not reference letter.

Sorry I thought SD was a self declaration, like a declaration by myself, is it not?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
SD is statutory declaration not self declaration

It should be issued by preferably your manager or team leader and in worst case scenario your colleague

Cheers

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 21st April 2019, 07:13 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 0
muds is on a distinguished road
7 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB View Post
SD is statutory declaration not self declaration



It should be issued by preferably your manager or team leader and in worst case scenario your colleague



Cheers
Oh ok, I just feel am losing on all thr points today

Have to reassess my possibilities here, may be 190 instead of 189 :-/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 21st April 2019, 07:18 AM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 15,377
Rep Power: 814
NB is a jewel in the roughNB is a jewel in the roughNB is a jewel in the rough
4639 likes received
232 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muds View Post
Oh ok, I just feel am losing on all thr points today

Have to reassess my possibilities here, may be 190 instead of 189 :-/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Just shutting your eyes doesnít make it dark

Itís better to be disappointed now rather then being disappointed when you have paid your visa fees and are rejected

Cheers
KeeDa likes this.

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 21st April 2019, 07:24 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 0
muds is on a distinguished road
7 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB View Post
Just shutting your eyes doesnít make it dark



Itís better to be disappointed now rather then being disappointed when you have paid your visa fees and are rejected



Cheers
Can't agree more, and just a month ago I was in delusion that since am from UK moving to OZ will be easy peazy, seems now am struggling on all fronts including English, Lol!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 21st April 2019, 07:28 AM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 15,377
Rep Power: 814
NB is a jewel in the roughNB is a jewel in the roughNB is a jewel in the rough
4639 likes received
232 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muds View Post
Can't agree more, and just a month ago I was in delusion that since am from UK moving to OZ will be easy peazy, seems now am struggling on all fronts including English, Lol!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Immigration process and options world over will be classified as BT and AT
Before Trump and after Trump

He has changed the way politicians look at immigration
He has managed to make it as a dirty word

Cheers
PYIND likes this.

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIBP - 189 Documents - Roles and Responsibilities letter AmazingTiger Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 3 6th May 2018 05:56 AM
Self Declared Roles and Responsibilities for Australian Visa 189 ramble11 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 3 24th January 2018 10:09 AM
VETASSESS Reference Letter Roles & Responsibilities amanlucky Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 1 30th May 2017 09:48 AM
Roles and responsibilities for spouse in 189 visa application _ritz Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 2 11th January 2017 11:25 AM
189 visa roles and responsibilities letter ozies Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 0 13th February 2013 03:25 PM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.