Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad

Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/)
-   Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/)
-   -   *** 189 Visa Lodge/Grant Gang 2019 *** (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/1470012-189-visa-lodge-grant-gang-2019-a.html)

PrettyIsotonic 24th February 2019 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saravanaprabhu (Post 14810098)
1221 Sec 17)

Question: Your address history for the last 10 years.

I am living in India.

I have lived in many temporary places[Like PG] due to my employment nature in the same city. But I don't have any address proof for the same. Moreover, my passport, aadhaar card and all other documents point to my permanent address in my hometown where my parents are staying for more than 20 years. How can I enter details in this section?

I have done short term overseas travels three times on business visa[But on Indian Payroll only] which I have not mentioned in ACS breakup. Do I need to suppress those oversees address details?

Follow the forms instructions closely - I think you meant Form 80 Qn 17 which states:

"Include:

addresses inside and outside Australia

places you resided for study/work

refugee camps

any other place you have resided such as share houses, university residences and temporary accommodation."

So yes, it includes places you resided for work, both inside and outside Australia (so overseas travel counts too).

I would not lie or 'supress' anything. This is a character assessment form that will be in departmental records presumably forever, and you don't want a lie to catch up with you.

I included lots of information for which I don't have any direct proof, but a state security/intelligence agency doing a background check would be easily be able to verify with their resources and networks.

PrettyIsotonic 24th February 2019 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saravanaprabhu (Post 14810108)
1221



Sec 18)



Question: Have you travelled to any country other than Australia in the last 10 years?



I am living and working in India. I had done three international travel to Qatar on a business visa. I have not mentioned it in ACS breakup since I do not have payslips or any documents to prove the travel. Also, during the period I had received a salary in India only and my company did not transfer me to that location.



Do I need to mention those international travel details? If yes, should I mention the reason as Business? I have the visa stamping in the passport mentioning the date of entry and exit



Note: In the last 10 years, I had done a total of three travels with a total duration of stay of 7 months.

Of course you have to mention such international travel.

The form also asks for a reason, so yes the reason too.

PrettyIsotonic 24th February 2019 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ONSHORE101 (Post 14810124)
Hello everyone,



I just want to express my feeling regarding the fairness of the grant between onshore and offshore applicants.



Not sure why DOHA does not have a sense of fairness towards onshore applicants who mostly have been here for more than 4 years. We, onshore applicants, have paid school fee, taxes, living expenses and contribute to the society by working legally but looks like DOHA does not care about it at all.



The reason i am saying this is by looking at the status offshore applicants seem to get faster grant than onshore but what have offshore applicants done to the society? Offshore have only paid for application fee and that's it. Moreover, offshore applicants often come with 2 or 3 family members and they arrive they will get full benefit of medicare while onshore applicants mostly applied solo or with a partner and have been paying for private insurance for years.



Some people can call me a jerk and talk about equality but to me, this is not fair that offshore and onshore applicants have the processing time. Onshore applicants should be prioritized.



:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Technically all student visa holders / 485'ers etc are genuine temporary entrants - so DHA naturally should not imho take any of what you have highlighted into account (uni fees for example).

Also, it depends on the visa subclass, 190 for example is generally far easier to qualify for if you're onshore.

We're also assuming there is a processing time difference between the two, I'm not sure, is there one really?

I understand you're venting, but private insurance premiums, I'm not sure how that is relevant, or the size of families.

A fact is that onshore applicants do have lots of privileges offshore applicants don't: access to bridging visa that allows work and study till a decision is made, access to medicare till a decision is made, review rights with the AAT.

I can empathise, but I think the onshore / offshore processing disparity, if any, is low on my list of things that need to change to make the GSM system better for Australia and its prospective migrants.

Hope you have a speedy grant :)

bssanthosh47 24th February 2019 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saravanaprabhu (Post 14810098)
1221 Sec 17)

Question: Your address history for the last 10 years.

I am living in India.

I have lived in many temporary places[Like PG] due to my employment nature in the same city. But I don't have any address proof for the same. Moreover, my passport, aadhaar card and all other documents point to my permanent address in my hometown where my parents are staying for more than 20 years. How can I enter details in this section?

I have done short term overseas travels three times on business visa[But on Indian Payroll only] which I have not mentioned in ACS breakup. Do I need to suppress those oversees address details?

Hi Buddy,

I think you are referring to form 80 where again you need to provide previous address history.
Yes , You need to mention all the temperory addresses you have stayed in . You should not hide any information in your form 80/1221.
You permanent address in the forms will be your Address in passport .
You need not provide any proof of the temperory addresses and it will not be asked . You must not hide any information and CO uses this information to cross verify with the external checks if any to validate your claims .
Yes , you need to mention your international addresses too and mention overseas travel and if the stay was more than 3 months you may be asked for PCC too. They key in your passport number into their external check system they will get your information within seconds . So better disclose it :)

Cheers
Santhosh

PrettyIsotonic 24th February 2019 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc.mnit (Post 14810120)
Indeed Bandish has been the lucky charm of this thread and forum!

PI - when do we 190ers see the light mate ? Waiting for a CO call for my hkg pcc (at day 75 now) n no idea how long would it take afterwards , potentially looking at a 225-250 -300 day journey!! 😒

Just a positive that it will give x months to upskill , learn new stuff to make one more saleable

Oh boy the HK PCC is so frustrating isn't it.

Not sure if it is worth shooting through an email to DHA's various inbox'ers to cajole that process along.

With the new global processing times.. Definitely is looking around that amount of time =/

bssanthosh47 24th February 2019 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivinlobo (Post 14810130)
Guys I need a help regarding birth certificate. Recently my consultant upload birth certificate issued from Indian embassy, UAE.
I do have a birth certificate from Bombay muncipal corporation. But that certificate mentions only my middle name.
The question is do I need to upload it? Please help!!

Sent from my G8342 using Tapatalk

Do you have your 10th marks card ? and a govt ID like DL ?

is your Bombay BC the only doc with middle name ?

Cheers
Santhosh

vivinlobo 24th February 2019 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bssanthosh47 (Post 14810156)
Do you have your 10th marks card ? and a govt ID like DL ?

is your Bombay BC the only doc with middle name ?

Cheers
Santhosh

Bro I have voters ID, AADHAR and the consultant has uploaded 10th under education.

Consultant told me the embassy birth certificate is sufficient.

My Bombay birth certificate has only middle name as my first name was not decided at that time. It also has my mom and dad's name.

What do you recommend? I don't have faith in the consultant.

Sent from my G8342 using Tapatalk

sc.mnit 24th February 2019 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrettyIsotonic (Post 14810154)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sc.mnit (Post 14810120)
Indeed Bandish has been the lucky charm of this thread and forum!

PI - when do we 190ers see the light mate ? Waiting for a CO call for my hkg pcc (at day 75 now) n no idea how long would it take afterwards , potentially looking at a 225-250 -300 day journey!! 😒

Just a positive that it will give x months to upskill , learn new stuff to make one more saleable

Oh boy the HK PCC is so frustrating isn't it.

Not sure if it is worth shooting through an email to DHA's various inbox'ers to cajole that process along.

With the new global processing times.. Definitely is looking around that amount of time =/


Yeah sent an email some 35 days ago at gsm.allocated but alas no response! So they will take their own sweet time...

Hope once nov 189 ers done soon n dha revise SLA for 190ers 🤞

Rosun 24th February 2019 05:53 AM

Hi Bandish,
I am feeling so happy for you and bssantosh. You guys are really inspirational for your support for others at the time when you yourself were wating for your grant.
I am on the same boat
Visa launched: 16 Nov 2018
Visa status: Received
ICT Security Specialist
Family of 3.
Grant: finger 🤞

bssanthosh47 24th February 2019 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivinlobo (Post 14810160)
Bro I have voters ID, AADHAR and the consultant has uploaded 10th under education.

Consultant told me the embassy birth certificate is sufficient.

My Bombay birth certificate has only middle name as my first name was not decided at that time. It also has my mom and dad's name.

What do you recommend? I don't have faith in the consultant.

Sent from my G8342 using Tapatalk

If i were u , i would also upload the 10th crtificate crtificate under DOB proof . This has more postive results . Many ppl from the forum itself have succeeded with only 10th marks as DOB proof . i would not upload the Bombay BC cause it will for no reason cause a doubt in CO's head with the name . You can always give a cover letter stating name was not decided and things like that with this BC. but again if CO comes back asking for PCC with middle name and what not . You never know what they will ask for.

Cheers
Santhosh


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.