*** 189 Visa Lodge/Grant Gang 2019 *** - Page 1101

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

View Poll Results: Are you expecting or got grant in 2019
Yes 475 86.68%
No 73 13.32%
Voters: 548. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree8205Likes

*** 189 Visa Lodge/Grant Gang 2019 *** - Page 1101


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #11001 (permalink)  
Old 27th September 2019, 03:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 126
Rep Power: 0
Janubless is on a distinguished road
37 likes received
11 likes given

Default

I started my journey in Jan 2017 Navathej. I know exactly how you feel.Hang in there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navathej View Post
2 yrs in the system for an invite, 9 months of wait time after applying, multiple medicals for wife for no fault of hers, no history of any respiratory issue but still DHA wanted repeated tests, she felt mentally sick taking all tests and I had to convince her that this was just temporary and future was bright.

2 months of wait time between CO contacts for one document.

Started with 3 months wait time and now they say 22 months. Close to 5L inr expenditure.

On top of that added pressure from workplace to commit to a timeline or come up with a new plan.

Im not even sure if i want to continue with this BS anymore.

Had I invested this much time and effort in something else productive i world have gained a lot more during this timeframe.

Im no longer interested in this. All i hope is they don't come back asking for repeated medicals for my wife.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11002 (permalink)  
Old 27th September 2019, 03:49 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 63
Rep Power: 0
ankittanna is on a distinguished road
2 likes received
12 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navathej View Post
2 yrs in the system for an invite, 9 months of wait time after applying, multiple medicals for wife for no fault of hers, no history of any respiratory issue but still DHA wanted repeated tests, she felt mentally sick taking all tests and I had to convince her that this was just temporary and future was bright.

2 months of wait time between CO contacts for one document.

Started with 3 months wait time and now they say 22 months. Close to 5L inr expenditure.

On top of that added pressure from workplace to commit to a timeline or come up with a new plan.

Im not even sure if i want to continue with this BS anymore.

Had I invested this much time and effort in something else productive i world have gained a lot more during this timeframe.

Im no longer interested in this. All i hope is they don't come back asking for repeated medicals for my wife.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm feeling frustrated and seeing if I can get ,5 additional points using NATI.

I have 80 points in 189 and 85 in 190 currently. When they say processing time 11 months to 22 months, does it mean they won't touch the file for 11 months?
DOE - 06th June, 2019
If you get 491 invite is it advisable to go?

What are the chances for 80 in 189 as some forums say Don't expect till September 2020?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11003 (permalink)  
Old 27th September 2019, 05:09 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 34
Rep Power: 0
Hariexpatforum is on a distinguished road
5 likes received

Default

Guys.. 11-22 doesn’t mean future processing time. See the note below from an old post on DHA official Facebook page.
“The timeframes listed on our website are indicative of the current processing times. They should be read as: 75% of applications that were finalised last month were completed within XX days from when they were lodged, and 90% of the applications that were finalised last month were completed within XY days of lodgement. The other 10% of applications that were finalised last month took longer. Each month the processing times will be updated and each month there will be 10% of applications that took longer than the published times.

These timeframes are not a guarantee or maximum, they have been published to provide applicants with an idea of how long it is currently taking to complete the majority of applications.

Each application is assessed individually and an individual’s processing time can be affected by factors, such as, but not limited to:
- how long it takes to complete any required checks on information you have provided to support your application.
- how long it takes to receive additional information required from areas outside the department, particularly in relation to health, character and national security.

An application cannot be assessed and finalised until the checks and balances, such as those listed above and others, are completed; as a result we cannot make guarantees or estimates as to when your application will be finalised.

As we cannot guarantee when an application will be finalised we instead publish how long it is currently taking to process 90% of applications, if you fall into the other 10% I appreciate this can be frustrating, we ask that you please be patient and in the event additional information is requested promptly respond to any requests.

I hope your application can be finalised in the very near future, all the best."
llt9041 and Aish$ like this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #11004 (permalink)  
Old 27th September 2019, 05:15 AM
PrettyIsotonic's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: ACT
Posts: 3,623
Rep Power: 239
PrettyIsotonic is just really nicePrettyIsotonic is just really nicePrettyIsotonic is just really nicePrettyIsotonic is just really nice
1141 likes received
198 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from singapore. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hariexpatforum View Post
Guys.. 11-22 doesn€™t mean future processing time. See the note below from an old post on DHA official Facebook page.
€œThe timeframes listed on our website are indicative of the current processing times. They should be read as: 75% of applications that were finalised last month were completed within XX days from when they were lodged, and 90% of the applications that were finalised last month were completed within XY days of lodgement. The other 10% of applications that were finalised last month took longer. Each month the processing times will be updated and each month there will be 10% of applications that took longer than the published times.

These timeframes are not a guarantee or maximum, they have been published to provide applicants with an idea of how long it is currently taking to complete the majority of applications.

Each application is assessed individually and an individual€™s processing time can be affected by factors, such as, but not limited to:
- how long it takes to complete any required checks on information you have provided to support your application.
- how long it takes to receive additional information required from areas outside the department, particularly in relation to health, character and national security.

An application cannot be assessed and finalised until the checks and balances, such as those listed above and others, are completed; as a result we cannot make guarantees or estimates as to when your application will be finalised.

As we cannot guarantee when an application will be finalised we instead publish how long it is currently taking to process 90% of applications, if you fall into the other 10% I appreciate this can be frustrating, we ask that you please be patient and in the event additional information is requested promptly respond to any requests.

I hope your application can be finalised in the very near future, all the best."
Good reminder - from elsewhere on the net:

"So, what do you know from the global visa and citizenship processing times?

You know what is the maximum time taken for the quickest 75% and 90% grants among all the grants issued during that calendar month.

It is not the average time, it is the worst of the best 75% and 90%, respectively.

It does not necessarily have any relation to the average processing time. For example, hypothetically, if in July, total 100 grants were granted, out of those fastest 74 grants took 3 months, and 75th grant took 11 months, this statistics will show 11 months for the 75% grants.

It has nothing to do with your application date. It just gives you an idea about the last months' grants, some of which might be lodged a month earlier (e.g. processing time 1 month) and some might be a year old (e.g. processing time is 12 months or more). So, a question like "whether my application is affected by this processing time because I lodged X months ago" does not make any sense."
llt9041 and Aish$ like this.

__________________
190 ACT | ANZSCO 411711 | 75+5

ACWA skills assessment completed 15 Jun 18
ACT nomination lodged 20 Jun 18
ACT nomination 21 Aug 18
190 lodged 21 Aug 18
Added de facto via Form 1436 12 Nov 18
De facto added by CO 14 Nov 18
CO contact de facto medical/functional english 1 Dec 18
Responded to CO 6 Dec 18
CO contact de facto functional english (already provided) 22 Feb 19
Responded to CO 25 Feb 19

Grant 4 Mar 19

Happy to share my experience with ACWA, ACT, SG PCC, Form 1436.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11005 (permalink)  
Old 27th September 2019, 05:19 AM
abhiaus's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 163
Rep Power: 0
abhiaus is on a distinguished road
13 likes received
7 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hariexpatforum View Post
Guys.. 11-22 doesn€™️t mean future processing time. See the note below from an old post on DHA official Facebook page.
€œThe timeframes listed on our website are indicative of the current processing times. They should be read as: 75% of applications that were finalised last month were completed within XX days from when they were lodged, and 90% of the applications that were finalised last month were completed within XY days of lodgement. The other 10% of applications that were finalised last month took longer. Each month the processing times will be updated and each month there will be 10% of applications that took longer than the published times.

These timeframes are not a guarantee or maximum, they have been published to provide applicants with an idea of how long it is currently taking to complete the majority of applications.

Each application is assessed individually and an individual€™️s processing time can be affected by factors, such as, but not limited to:
- how long it takes to complete any required checks on information you have provided to support your application.
- how long it takes to receive additional information required from areas outside the department, particularly in relation to health, character and national security.

An application cannot be assessed and finalised until the checks and balances, such as those listed above and others, are completed; as a result we cannot make guarantees or estimates as to when your application will be finalised.

As we cannot guarantee when an application will be finalised we instead publish how long it is currently taking to process 90% of applications, if you fall into the other 10% I appreciate this can be frustrating, we ask that you please be patient and in the event additional information is requested promptly respond to any requests.

I hope your application can be finalised in the very near future, all the best."
Thank you thats a great insight for everyone.
Also the other factors also will include like delay in employment verification.

__________________
ANZSCO: 233311 (Electrical Engineer)

Points Breakup and Timelines
Points 70 (Age: 32 | English: 10 | Degree: 15 | Experience: 15)
Engineer Australia Submitted: 24 Aug 2018 | EA +ve Result: 11 Oct 2018
PTE Date: 15 September 2018 | PTE Score: (L 81, R 76, S 90, W 77)
EOI (189): 12 October 2018 | Invite: 11 November 2018
Lodged: 08 January 2019 | Medicals: 15 Jan 2019 | Indian PCC : 10 January 2019 |
CO Contact : None ; Grant: Awaiting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11006 (permalink)  
Old 27th September 2019, 05:24 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 140
Rep Power: 0
Navathej is on a distinguished road
37 likes received
26 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default *** 189 Visa Lodge/Grant Gang 2019 ***

Keeping aside all the formal write up and jargon, we know what is the current practical scenario.

End of day we know that hardly any grants were issued in the last 2 months and we have live cases of people waiting from Nov 2019 without co contacts.

No amount of justification of the formal writings make sense of the situation.

Tomorrow they are not going to miraculously appear and give grants to all the pending cases in a day. I can see these timeliness continuing for the next 6-12 months.

They just updated it formally to stop people from sending them notifications and to reply to those who are past the previous timeline of 9 months

My opinion though!
Peace out


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

__________________
ANZSCO: 261313
189/75 Points

Timelines:
PTE-A 20 Pts: 07/01/2019
EOI: 01/10/2018
ITA received: 11/01/2019
Visa Lodged: 22/01/2019 (Me+2)
PCC: 25/01/2019
Medicals: 31/01/2019 (Spouse abnormal X-ray)
CO Contact: 30/04/2019 (For spouse's health assessment update)
Spouse Medicals: 03/05/2019 (repeat X-Ray after sputum test and specialist consultation)
Spouse health Clearance: 07/05/2019
CO Contact: 03/07/2019 (For Form 815 for Spouse)
Visa Grant:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11007 (permalink)  
Old 27th September 2019, 05:36 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 57
Rep Power: 0
Aish$ is on a distinguished road
8 likes received
65 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyIsotonic View Post
Good reminder - from elsewhere on the net:

"So, what do you know from the global visa and citizenship processing times?

You know what is the maximum time taken for the quickest 75% and 90% grants among all the grants issued during that calendar month.

It is not the average time, it is the worst of the best 75% and 90%, respectively.

It does not necessarily have any relation to the average processing time. For example, hypothetically, if in July, total 100 grants were granted, out of those fastest 74 grants took 3 months, and 75th grant took 11 months, this statistics will show 11 months for the 75% grants.

It has nothing to do with your application date. It just gives you an idea about the last months' grants, some of which might be lodged a month earlier (e.g. processing time 1 month) and some might be a year old (e.g. processing time is 12 months or more). So, a question like "whether my application is affected by this processing time because I lodged X months ago" does not make any sense."

These makes absolute sense..Hope things are processed well and soon

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11008 (permalink)  
Old 27th September 2019, 06:28 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 63
Rep Power: 0
ankittanna is on a distinguished road
2 likes received
12 likes given

Default Expected Invite in next round?

Hello Everyone,

Can I get invite to my EOI?

Code: 2613
189/190
Points: 80/85
DOE: 6th June, 2019

Is it worthy to go for 491 visa? or do you recommend giving NAATI exam and get 5 additional points and apply for 189?

Thanks,
Ankit

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11009 (permalink)  
Old 27th September 2019, 06:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 140
Rep Power: 0
Navathej is on a distinguished road
37 likes received
26 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankittanna View Post
Hello Everyone,



Can I get invite to my EOI?



Code: 2613

189/190

Points: 80/85

DOE: 6th June, 2019



Is it worthy to go for 491 visa? or do you recommend giving NAATI exam and get 5 additional points and apply for 189?



Thanks,

Ankit


I would say go for 491.
Looking at the scenario now even if u get the xtra points.. Getting an invite and getting a PR might take close to 18-24 months from now on


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ankittanna likes this.

__________________
ANZSCO: 261313
189/75 Points

Timelines:
PTE-A 20 Pts: 07/01/2019
EOI: 01/10/2018
ITA received: 11/01/2019
Visa Lodged: 22/01/2019 (Me+2)
PCC: 25/01/2019
Medicals: 31/01/2019 (Spouse abnormal X-ray)
CO Contact: 30/04/2019 (For spouse's health assessment update)
Spouse Medicals: 03/05/2019 (repeat X-Ray after sputum test and specialist consultation)
Spouse health Clearance: 07/05/2019
CO Contact: 03/07/2019 (For Form 815 for Spouse)
Visa Grant:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11010 (permalink)  
Old 27th September 2019, 06:34 AM
PrettyIsotonic's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: ACT
Posts: 3,623
Rep Power: 239
PrettyIsotonic is just really nicePrettyIsotonic is just really nicePrettyIsotonic is just really nicePrettyIsotonic is just really nice
1141 likes received
198 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from singapore. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankittanna View Post
Hello Everyone,

Can I get invite to my EOI?

Code: 2613
189/190
Points: 80/85
DOE: 6th June, 2019

Is it worthy to go for 491 visa? or do you recommend giving NAATI exam and get 5 additional points and apply for 189?

Thanks,
Ankit
I would do both simultaneously. Even if you lodge your 491, if you get a 189 invite - you can always withdraw the 491.

Just note if you do get the 491 visa, you will not be able to apply for any other skilled / partner visas for 3 years.

__________________
190 ACT | ANZSCO 411711 | 75+5

ACWA skills assessment completed 15 Jun 18
ACT nomination lodged 20 Jun 18
ACT nomination 21 Aug 18
190 lodged 21 Aug 18
Added de facto via Form 1436 12 Nov 18
De facto added by CO 14 Nov 18
CO contact de facto medical/functional english 1 Dec 18
Responded to CO 6 Dec 18
CO contact de facto functional english (already provided) 22 Feb 19
Responded to CO 25 Feb 19

Grant 4 Mar 19

Happy to share my experience with ACWA, ACT, SG PCC, Form 1436.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*** 189 Visa Lodge/Grant Gang 2017 *** Fanish Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 28075 25th May 2019 04:30 PM
261111-261112 ICT Business and System analysts Visa Lodge/Grant Gang reyno_obrien Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 18 7th May 2019 06:41 AM
*** 189 Visa Lodge/Grant Gang 2018 *** kinnu369 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 15629 3rd January 2019 01:20 PM
190 Visa Lodge/ Grant Gang 2019 vsundarraman Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 0 17th December 2018 10:00 AM
*** 190 Visa Lodge/Grant Gang 2017 *** Imran4123 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 28 26th October 2018 05:07 PM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.