Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad

Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/)
-   Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/)
-   -   *** 189 Visa Lodge/Grant Gang 2019 *** (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/1470012-189-visa-lodge-grant-gang-2019-a.html)

Janubless 27th September 2019 02:39 AM

I started my journey in Jan 2017 Navathej. I know exactly how you feel.Hang in there!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navathej (Post 14957410)
2 yrs in the system for an invite, 9 months of wait time after applying, multiple medicals for wife for no fault of hers, no history of any respiratory issue but still DHA wanted repeated tests, she felt mentally sick taking all tests and I had to convince her that this was just temporary and future was bright.

2 months of wait time between CO contacts for one document.

Started with 3 months wait time and now they say 22 months. Close to 5L inr expenditure.

On top of that added pressure from workplace to commit to a timeline or come up with a new plan.

Im not even sure if i want to continue with this BS anymore.

Had I invested this much time and effort in something else productive i world have gained a lot more during this timeframe.

Im no longer interested in this. All i hope is they don't come back asking for repeated medicals for my wife.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


ankittanna 27th September 2019 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navathej (Post 14957410)
2 yrs in the system for an invite, 9 months of wait time after applying, multiple medicals for wife for no fault of hers, no history of any respiratory issue but still DHA wanted repeated tests, she felt mentally sick taking all tests and I had to convince her that this was just temporary and future was bright.

2 months of wait time between CO contacts for one document.

Started with 3 months wait time and now they say 22 months. Close to 5L inr expenditure.

On top of that added pressure from workplace to commit to a timeline or come up with a new plan.

Im not even sure if i want to continue with this BS anymore.

Had I invested this much time and effort in something else productive i world have gained a lot more during this timeframe.

Im no longer interested in this. All i hope is they don't come back asking for repeated medicals for my wife.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling frustrated and seeing if I can get ,5 additional points using NATI.

I have 80 points in 189 and 85 in 190 currently. When they say processing time 11 months to 22 months, does it mean they won't touch the file for 11 months?
DOE - 06th June, 2019
If you get 491 invite is it advisable to go?

What are the chances for 80 in 189 as some forums say Don't expect till September 2020?

Hariexpatforum 27th September 2019 04:09 AM

Guys.. 11-22 doesn’t mean future processing time. See the note below from an old post on DHA official Facebook page.
“The timeframes listed on our website are indicative of the current processing times. They should be read as: 75% of applications that were finalised last month were completed within XX days from when they were lodged, and 90% of the applications that were finalised last month were completed within XY days of lodgement. The other 10% of applications that were finalised last month took longer. Each month the processing times will be updated and each month there will be 10% of applications that took longer than the published times.

These timeframes are not a guarantee or maximum, they have been published to provide applicants with an idea of how long it is currently taking to complete the majority of applications.

Each application is assessed individually and an individual’s processing time can be affected by factors, such as, but not limited to:
- how long it takes to complete any required checks on information you have provided to support your application.
- how long it takes to receive additional information required from areas outside the department, particularly in relation to health, character and national security.

An application cannot be assessed and finalised until the checks and balances, such as those listed above and others, are completed; as a result we cannot make guarantees or estimates as to when your application will be finalised.

As we cannot guarantee when an application will be finalised we instead publish how long it is currently taking to process 90% of applications, if you fall into the other 10% I appreciate this can be frustrating, we ask that you please be patient and in the event additional information is requested promptly respond to any requests.

I hope your application can be finalised in the very near future, all the best."

PrettyIsotonic 27th September 2019 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hariexpatforum (Post 14957532)
Guys.. 11-22 doesn€™t mean future processing time. See the note below from an old post on DHA official Facebook page.
€œThe timeframes listed on our website are indicative of the current processing times. They should be read as: 75% of applications that were finalised last month were completed within XX days from when they were lodged, and 90% of the applications that were finalised last month were completed within XY days of lodgement. The other 10% of applications that were finalised last month took longer. Each month the processing times will be updated and each month there will be 10% of applications that took longer than the published times.

These timeframes are not a guarantee or maximum, they have been published to provide applicants with an idea of how long it is currently taking to complete the majority of applications.

Each application is assessed individually and an individual€™s processing time can be affected by factors, such as, but not limited to:
- how long it takes to complete any required checks on information you have provided to support your application.
- how long it takes to receive additional information required from areas outside the department, particularly in relation to health, character and national security.

An application cannot be assessed and finalised until the checks and balances, such as those listed above and others, are completed; as a result we cannot make guarantees or estimates as to when your application will be finalised.

As we cannot guarantee when an application will be finalised we instead publish how long it is currently taking to process 90% of applications, if you fall into the other 10% I appreciate this can be frustrating, we ask that you please be patient and in the event additional information is requested promptly respond to any requests.

I hope your application can be finalised in the very near future, all the best."

Good reminder - from elsewhere on the net:

"So, what do you know from the global visa and citizenship processing times?

You know what is the maximum time taken for the quickest 75% and 90% grants among all the grants issued during that calendar month.

It is not the average time, it is the worst of the best 75% and 90%, respectively.

It does not necessarily have any relation to the average processing time. For example, hypothetically, if in July, total 100 grants were granted, out of those fastest 74 grants took 3 months, and 75th grant took 11 months, this statistics will show 11 months for the 75% grants.

It has nothing to do with your application date. It just gives you an idea about the last months' grants, some of which might be lodged a month earlier (e.g. processing time 1 month) and some might be a year old (e.g. processing time is 12 months or more). So, a question like "whether my application is affected by this processing time because I lodged X months ago" does not make any sense."

abhiaus 27th September 2019 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hariexpatforum (Post 14957532)
Guys.. 11-22 doesn€™️t mean future processing time. See the note below from an old post on DHA official Facebook page.
€œThe timeframes listed on our website are indicative of the current processing times. They should be read as: 75% of applications that were finalised last month were completed within XX days from when they were lodged, and 90% of the applications that were finalised last month were completed within XY days of lodgement. The other 10% of applications that were finalised last month took longer. Each month the processing times will be updated and each month there will be 10% of applications that took longer than the published times.

These timeframes are not a guarantee or maximum, they have been published to provide applicants with an idea of how long it is currently taking to complete the majority of applications.

Each application is assessed individually and an individual€™️s processing time can be affected by factors, such as, but not limited to:
- how long it takes to complete any required checks on information you have provided to support your application.
- how long it takes to receive additional information required from areas outside the department, particularly in relation to health, character and national security.

An application cannot be assessed and finalised until the checks and balances, such as those listed above and others, are completed; as a result we cannot make guarantees or estimates as to when your application will be finalised.

As we cannot guarantee when an application will be finalised we instead publish how long it is currently taking to process 90% of applications, if you fall into the other 10% I appreciate this can be frustrating, we ask that you please be patient and in the event additional information is requested promptly respond to any requests.

I hope your application can be finalised in the very near future, all the best."

Thank you thats a great insight for everyone.
Also the other factors also will include like delay in employment verification.

Navathej 27th September 2019 04:24 AM

*** 189 Visa Lodge/Grant Gang 2019 ***
 
Keeping aside all the formal write up and jargon, we know what is the current practical scenario.

End of day we know that hardly any grants were issued in the last 2 months and we have live cases of people waiting from Nov 2019 without co contacts.

No amount of justification of the formal writings make sense of the situation.

Tomorrow they are not going to miraculously appear and give grants to all the pending cases in a day. I can see these timeliness continuing for the next 6-12 months.

They just updated it formally to stop people from sending them notifications and to reply to those who are past the previous timeline of 9 months

My opinion though!
Peace out


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aish$ 27th September 2019 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrettyIsotonic (Post 14957540)
Good reminder - from elsewhere on the net:

"So, what do you know from the global visa and citizenship processing times?

You know what is the maximum time taken for the quickest 75% and 90% grants among all the grants issued during that calendar month.

It is not the average time, it is the worst of the best 75% and 90%, respectively.

It does not necessarily have any relation to the average processing time. For example, hypothetically, if in July, total 100 grants were granted, out of those fastest 74 grants took 3 months, and 75th grant took 11 months, this statistics will show 11 months for the 75% grants.

It has nothing to do with your application date. It just gives you an idea about the last months' grants, some of which might be lodged a month earlier (e.g. processing time 1 month) and some might be a year old (e.g. processing time is 12 months or more). So, a question like "whether my application is affected by this processing time because I lodged X months ago" does not make any sense."


These makes absolute sense..Hope things are processed well and soon

ankittanna 27th September 2019 05:28 AM

Expected Invite in next round?
 
Hello Everyone,

Can I get invite to my EOI?

Code: 2613
189/190
Points: 80/85
DOE: 6th June, 2019

Is it worthy to go for 491 visa? or do you recommend giving NAATI exam and get 5 additional points and apply for 189?

Thanks,
Ankit

Navathej 27th September 2019 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankittanna (Post 14957574)
Hello Everyone,



Can I get invite to my EOI?



Code: 2613

189/190

Points: 80/85

DOE: 6th June, 2019



Is it worthy to go for 491 visa? or do you recommend giving NAATI exam and get 5 additional points and apply for 189?



Thanks,

Ankit



I would say go for 491.
Looking at the scenario now even if u get the xtra points.. Getting an invite and getting a PR might take close to 18-24 months from now on


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PrettyIsotonic 27th September 2019 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankittanna (Post 14957574)
Hello Everyone,

Can I get invite to my EOI?

Code: 2613
189/190
Points: 80/85
DOE: 6th June, 2019

Is it worthy to go for 491 visa? or do you recommend giving NAATI exam and get 5 additional points and apply for 189?

Thanks,
Ankit

I would do both simultaneously. Even if you lodge your 491, if you get a 189 invite - you can always withdraw the 491.

Just note if you do get the 491 visa, you will not be able to apply for any other skilled / partner visas for 3 years.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.