233213 | Quantity Surveyor

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

Like Tree10Likes

233213 | Quantity Surveyor


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 14th May 2018, 01:35 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
bhupindersbhatti is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
3 likes given

Lightbulb 233213 | Quantity Surveyor

Hello Everyone !!

I had completed my Graduation in Civil Engineering. But since last 10 years i have been working in Proposals/Estimation Department with the Job description matching "ANZSCO 233213 | Quantity Surveyor".

Can anyone please share his/her experience and probability of getting Skilled Migration in visa class 189 with this ANZSCO code.

Moreover, kindly advise how did you proceed with the skill assessment with AIQS.

Thanks in advance.


Regards

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 14th May 2018, 04:35 PM
Rif_Z's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Qatar
Posts: 121
Rep Power: 0
Rif_Z is on a distinguished road
49 likes received
128 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from srilanka. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhupindersbhatti View Post
Hello Everyone !!

I had completed my Graduation in Civil Engineering. But since last 10 years i have been working in Proposals/Estimation Department with the Job description matching "ANZSCO 233213 | Quantity Surveyor".

Can anyone please share his/her experience and probability of getting Skilled Migration in visa class 189 with this ANZSCO code.

Moreover, kindly advise how did you proceed with the skill assessment with AIQS.

Thanks in advance.


Regards
Hi,

I recently got my Degree and Experience assessed (Positive) by AIQS. I think one of their main requirements is that you have to have a degree in Quantity Surveying / Building Economics. However, they promptly respond to emails and I'm sure you can check with them if your Civil degree is recognized for a positive outcome. You can attach the certificate and your service letters initially to check (although I have not tried this).

Application process:
You have to fill out an application form with basic details together with credit card details for payment. You have to have at least a 4+ in IELTS but the higher the better. You need to attach your degree and transcript (color copies or certified black and white copies). Together with this, your experience letters needs to be worded properly by HR/ Supervisor /Director of your work place/s that matches your QS duties. You need to attach a certified copy of your passport and an updated CV.

Payment was 715 AUD

__________________
Timeline:

233213 - Quantity Surveyor
Points Breakdown: Age-30, Edu-15, Exp-5, Eng-20
Offshore, Single Applicant
EOI - 190 NSW: DOE 18 Mar 18
Pre-invite NSW: 12 Apr 18
Application: 12 Apr 18
NSW Nomination Approval and 190 ITA: 23 May 18
Medicals: 6 Jun 18
Visa Lodged: 12 Jun 18 [All documents uploaded within a week]
189 ITA: 11 Jul 18 [Withdrawn]
Direct Grant: 24 Sep 18
IED: 16 May 19
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 15th May 2018, 06:42 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
bhupindersbhatti is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
3 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rif_Z View Post
Hi,

I recently got my Degree and Experience assessed (Positive) by AIQS. I think one of their main requirements is that you have to have a degree in Quantity Surveying / Building Economics. However, they promptly respond to emails and I'm sure you can check with them if your Civil degree is recognized for a positive outcome. You can attach the certificate and your service letters initially to check (although I have not tried this).

Application process:
You have to fill out an application form with basic details together with credit card details for payment. You have to have at least a 4+ in IELTS but the higher the better. You need to attach your degree and transcript (color copies or certified black and white copies). Together with this, your experience letters needs to be worded properly by HR/ Supervisor /Director of your work place/s that matches your QS duties. You need to attach a certified copy of your passport and an updated CV.

Payment was 715 AUD

Hello !!

Thanks a ton for the reply. Just i am curious to know if you have a degree in Quantity Surveying or an allied qualification. Moreover did you get the experience letters from HR or your supervisor. What does this mean "color copies or certified black and white copies" ?? if i understood well color copy need not be certified only black and white needs to be certified ?? Furthermore is it possible for you to drop the draft copy of your experience letter as a guide on the email id : bhupindersbhatti @ gmail .com. Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 15th May 2018, 07:31 AM
Rif_Z's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Qatar
Posts: 121
Rep Power: 0
Rif_Z is on a distinguished road
49 likes received
128 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from srilanka. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhupindersbhatti View Post
Hello !!

Thanks a ton for the reply. Just i am curious to know if you have a degree in Quantity Surveying or an allied qualification. Moreover did you get the experience letters from HR or your supervisor. What does this mean "color copies or certified black and white copies" ?? if i understood well color copy need not be certified only black and white needs to be certified ?? Furthermore is it possible for you to drop the draft copy of your experience letter as a guide on the email id : bhupindersbhatti @ gmail .com. Thanks in advance.
No biggie Glad to help out a fellow QS.
I actually have two degrees. One in Quantity Surveying and one in Civil Eng. But I went ahead with only my QS qualification for the assessment. I have been working as a QS since graduation.

The experience letter (or roles and responsibility letter) needs to list down your tasks in the organization as a QS. It also needs to be signed by your immediate supervisor who needs to be a Senior QS. MRICS / MAIQS memberships play a huge role (if your superior holds one). I got both my letters on company letterheads signed by my immediate supervisor who are QSs. I got my current workplace HR also to endorse my latest letter.

If it's a coloured copy, they don't expect it to be certified (although I did) while black and white or photocopied ones must be certified by a Lawyer or JP as true copies.

I will drop a draft I used to you email. No worries Good Luck!
bhupindersbhatti and Cemiyo like this.

__________________
Timeline:

233213 - Quantity Surveyor
Points Breakdown: Age-30, Edu-15, Exp-5, Eng-20
Offshore, Single Applicant
EOI - 190 NSW: DOE 18 Mar 18
Pre-invite NSW: 12 Apr 18
Application: 12 Apr 18
NSW Nomination Approval and 190 ITA: 23 May 18
Medicals: 6 Jun 18
Visa Lodged: 12 Jun 18 [All documents uploaded within a week]
189 ITA: 11 Jul 18 [Withdrawn]
Direct Grant: 24 Sep 18
IED: 16 May 19
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 15th May 2018, 09:01 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
bhupindersbhatti is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
3 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rif_Z View Post
No biggie Glad to help out a fellow QS.
I actually have two degrees. One in Quantity Surveying and one in Civil Eng. But I went ahead with only my QS qualification for the assessment. I have been working as a QS since graduation.

The experience letter (or roles and responsibility letter) needs to list down your tasks in the organization as a QS. It also needs to be signed by your immediate supervisor who needs to be a Senior QS. MRICS / MAIQS memberships play a huge role (if your superior holds one). I got both my letters on company letterheads signed by my immediate supervisor who are QSs. I got my current workplace HR also to endorse my latest letter.

If it's a coloured copy, they don't expect it to be certified (although I did) while black and white or photocopied ones must be certified by a Lawyer or JP as true copies.

I will drop a draft I used to you email. No worries Good Luck!

In that a case, i consider my chances to be slim as i don't have any QS degree and moreover my seniors are CE only. But still i will give it a chance. Let's see. Fingers crossed.

Awaiting your email.
Rif_Z likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 15th May 2018, 09:24 AM
Rif_Z's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Qatar
Posts: 121
Rep Power: 0
Rif_Z is on a distinguished road
49 likes received
128 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from srilanka. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhupindersbhatti View Post
In that a case, i consider my chances to be slim as i don't have any QS degree and moreover my seniors are CE only. But still i will give it a chance. Let's see. Fingers crossed.

Awaiting your email.
You can try for Civil Engineer too. which is also on high demand. Good luck anyway. Will be glad to help in any way I can.
bhupindersbhatti likes this.

__________________
Timeline:

233213 - Quantity Surveyor
Points Breakdown: Age-30, Edu-15, Exp-5, Eng-20
Offshore, Single Applicant
EOI - 190 NSW: DOE 18 Mar 18
Pre-invite NSW: 12 Apr 18
Application: 12 Apr 18
NSW Nomination Approval and 190 ITA: 23 May 18
Medicals: 6 Jun 18
Visa Lodged: 12 Jun 18 [All documents uploaded within a week]
189 ITA: 11 Jul 18 [Withdrawn]
Direct Grant: 24 Sep 18
IED: 16 May 19
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 16th May 2018, 08:11 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
bhupindersbhatti is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
3 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rif_Z View Post
You can try for Civil Engineer too. which is also on high demand. Good luck anyway. Will be glad to help in any way I can.
Could you please provide the draft of your reference letter please on my email id.
<SNIP> See "Inappropriate content, here: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/exp...l#post13155594 kaju/moderator
otherwise please share your email id so that i can share mine for your expert advise


Last edited by kaju; 16th May 2018 at 08:37 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 16th May 2018, 08:18 AM
Rif_Z's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Qatar
Posts: 121
Rep Power: 0
Rif_Z is on a distinguished road
49 likes received
128 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from srilanka. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhupindersbhatti View Post
Could you please provide the draft of your reference letter please on my email id.
<SNIP>.

otherwise please share your email id so that i can share mine for your expert advise
Sorry about that. Will share the draft in a while.


Last edited by kaju; 16th May 2018 at 08:38 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 26th July 2018, 10:36 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0
kietnguyen is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
10 likes given

Default

Hi Mate,

thanks for your explanation, Can you give me advice for my case:
i have bachelor degree in civil engineering, Master and PhD in construction management. I have been working as QS. I'm wondering about these issues:
1. If AIQS will deduct experience year or not, for example, my experiences is 5 years, can i can get 5 year or just 4 years (how about your case?)
2. can the civil engineer get the positive with QS, i see that they not sure for that!
Thanks for your help!
Best Regards,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 26th July 2018, 12:20 PM
Rif_Z's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Qatar
Posts: 121
Rep Power: 0
Rif_Z is on a distinguished road
49 likes received
128 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from srilanka. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kietnguyen View Post
Hi Mate,

thanks for your explanation, Can you give me advice for my case:
i have bachelor degree in civil engineering, Master and PhD in construction management. I have been working as QS. I'm wondering about these issues:
1. If AIQS will deduct experience year or not, for example, my experiences is 5 years, can i can get 5 year or just 4 years (how about your case?)
2. can the civil engineer get the positive with QS, i see that they not sure for that!
Thanks for your help!
Best Regards,
Hey!

I'm still not sure if AIQS would approve a degree in Civil. You can write a friendly mail asking if they would. Attach your Civil Degree certificate and CV. They might get back to you with a clear answer. Also a few rules have changed as of July 2018. Always better to check their website and assessment guides (pdf) freely available for download.

Cheers!
kietnguyen likes this.

__________________
Timeline:

233213 - Quantity Surveyor
Points Breakdown: Age-30, Edu-15, Exp-5, Eng-20
Offshore, Single Applicant
EOI - 190 NSW: DOE 18 Mar 18
Pre-invite NSW: 12 Apr 18
Application: 12 Apr 18
NSW Nomination Approval and 190 ITA: 23 May 18
Medicals: 6 Jun 18
Visa Lodged: 12 Jun 18 [All documents uploaded within a week]
189 ITA: 11 Jul 18 [Withdrawn]
Direct Grant: 24 Sep 18
IED: 16 May 19
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quantity surveyor raj2016 Coffee lounge : Immigration sharing ideas 2 28th February 2017 07:20 AM
Quantity Surveyor in Oz Kathayana Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 0 27th March 2015 12:01 PM
Quantity Surveyor dark_an8el Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK 4 6th December 2012 04:58 PM
Quantity Surveyor livyhorsy Other Middle East & Africa 0 24th September 2012 03:33 PM
Quantity Surveyor Jordan Ryan Dubai Expat Forum for Expats Living in Dubai 14 11th July 2010 05:39 PM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.