190 Visa Lodged

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

190 Visa Lodged


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 26th April 2018, 09:10 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: SG
Posts: 49
Rep Power: 0
hundredplus is on a distinguished road
16 likes received
90 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from singapore. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default 190 Visa Lodged

Hi all,

I've just lodged (and paid visa fee) for 190. Have not uploaded any documents yet.

I could generate Referral Letter for medical exams on the Immigration website, but I could not see any thing for Police Certificate. Is this normal? or I have to wait for future CO to ask for it?

Thanks much.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 26th April 2018, 10:46 AM
vincyf1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 643
Rep Power: 88
vincyf1 is a jewel in the roughvincyf1 is a jewel in the roughvincyf1 is a jewel in the roughvincyf1 is a jewel in the rough
297 likes received
76 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hundredplus View Post
Hi all,

I've just lodged (and paid visa fee) for 190. Have not uploaded any documents yet.

I could generate Referral Letter for medical exams on the Immigration website, but I could not see any thing for Police Certificate. Is this normal? or I have to wait for future CO to ask for it?

Thanks much.
Police Certificate here in India is issued by Passport Office. It should be similar or a government department that deals with External Affairs.

You would have to request the department, either online or at their office. Once the Police Clearance Certificate is issued, upload the document under Evidence of Character choosing "Overseas Police Clearance - National" as the Document type.

Your Initial Date of Entry depends upon PCC and is usually 1 year from the Date of issue of PCC. So, ideally better to do it now and upload it so that CO contact delays are avoided.

__________________
Best Regards

If you are looking for some Tips on taking PTE-A English Language Test, do go through my thread below.
PTE-A Tips I Prepared
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 26th April 2018, 12:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 184
Rep Power: 0
animesh1d is on a distinguished road
29 likes received
13 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Hi,

I have lodged 190 VISA for NSW on 10th Feb with all the documents, till now no CO contact or assigned. looking at the timeline when can I expect grant if everything goes right?


Quote:
Originally Posted by vincyf1 View Post
Police Certificate here in India is issued by Passport Office. It should be similar or a government department that deals with External Affairs.

You would have to request the department, either online or at their office. Once the Police Clearance Certificate is issued, upload the document under Evidence of Character choosing "Overseas Police Clearance - National" as the Document type.

Your Initial Date of Entry depends upon PCC and is usually 1 year from the Date of issue of PCC. So, ideally better to do it now and upload it so that CO contact delays are avoided.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 26th April 2018, 12:32 PM
vincyf1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 643
Rep Power: 88
vincyf1 is a jewel in the roughvincyf1 is a jewel in the roughvincyf1 is a jewel in the roughvincyf1 is a jewel in the rough
297 likes received
76 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by animesh1d View Post
Hi,



I have lodged 190 VISA for NSW on 10th Feb with all the documents, till now no CO contact or assigned. looking at the timeline when can I expect grant if everything goes right?

Itís taking about 90 days at least these days.

__________________
Best Regards

If you are looking for some Tips on taking PTE-A English Language Test, do go through my thread below.
PTE-A Tips I Prepared
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 26th April 2018, 12:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 184
Rep Power: 0
animesh1d is on a distinguished road
29 likes received
13 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Thanks for the reply and IED is based on PCC or Medicals expiry date or DIBP is giving any random date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincyf1 View Post
Itís taking about 90 days at least these days.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 26th April 2018, 12:56 PM
vincyf1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 643
Rep Power: 88
vincyf1 is a jewel in the roughvincyf1 is a jewel in the roughvincyf1 is a jewel in the roughvincyf1 is a jewel in the rough
297 likes received
76 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by animesh1d View Post
Thanks for the reply and IED is based on PCC or Medicals expiry date or DIBP is giving any random date?


I think Itís based on earlier of the Medicals / PCC. Whichever was done earlier, that would be considered.

__________________
Best Regards

If you are looking for some Tips on taking PTE-A English Language Test, do go through my thread below.
PTE-A Tips I Prepared
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 26th April 2018, 01:22 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: SG
Posts: 49
Rep Power: 0
hundredplus is on a distinguished road
16 likes received
90 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from singapore. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Thanks vincyf1.
I am here in Singapore. I cannot request for Singapore PCC until I have a letter from DIBP say that I need that document. Then I have to submit that letter to Singapore Police for PCC.

My question is: I still do not receive the letter from DIBP. Should I wait for them or need to do some thing to get the letter?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 26th April 2018, 02:02 PM
sawtinnmaung's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 251
Rep Power: 0
sawtinnmaung is on a distinguished road
123 likes received
60 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from burma. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hundredplus View Post
Thanks vincyf1.
I am here in Singapore. I cannot request for Singapore PCC until I have a letter from DIBP say that I need that document. Then I have to submit that letter to Singapore Police for PCC.

My question is: I still do not receive the letter from DIBP. Should I wait for them or need to do some thing to get the letter?
As you mentioned, I believe you have lodged your visa application. Right? If so, you can download the acknowledgement form from your IMMI Account. You can use it to apply police clearance at https://www.police.gov.sg/e-services...e-of-clearance. It will take about one week to get your PCC.

All the best!

__________________
Code: 262112 ICT Security Specialist
IELTS: 15 February 2017
EOI (190-VIC): 20 November 2017
ITA (190-VIC): 17 January 2018
Lodge: 23 January 2018
Grant: 20 June 2018
Live in Melbourne since:5 August 2018
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 26th April 2018, 02:59 PM
vincyf1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 643
Rep Power: 88
vincyf1 is a jewel in the roughvincyf1 is a jewel in the roughvincyf1 is a jewel in the roughvincyf1 is a jewel in the rough
297 likes received
76 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hundredplus View Post
Thanks vincyf1.
I am here in Singapore. I cannot request for Singapore PCC until I have a letter from DIBP say that I need that document. Then I have to submit that letter to Singapore Police for PCC.

My question is: I still do not receive the letter from DIBP. Should I wait for them or need to do some thing to get the letter?


I think you could try using sawtinnmaung advise above. I am not very familiar with Singapore PCC requirements.

__________________
Best Regards

If you are looking for some Tips on taking PTE-A English Language Test, do go through my thread below.
PTE-A Tips I Prepared
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 27th April 2018, 06:39 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: India
Posts: 48
Rep Power: 0
bluebull2rhyme is on a distinguished road
2 likes received
16 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawtinnmaung View Post
As you mentioned, I believe you have lodged your visa application. Right? If so, you can download the acknowledgement form from your IMMI Account. You can use it to apply police clearance at https://www.police.gov.sg/e-services...e-of-clearance. It will take about one week to get your PCC.

All the best!
That's right. Use the acknowledgement slip from the DIBP site with the applicants name. The PCC can be requested for all applicants who are 18 years of age.

I did the same way for Singapore

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
190 Visa Lodged - Family Extended Rahulkohli Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 2 19th July 2017 07:48 AM
Lodged 190 VISA to Victoria, still so no response Anil4973 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 7 11th January 2017 11:53 AM
Lodged 190 Visa in September jaspreet2108 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 4 3rd September 2016 05:40 AM
190 visa gang lodged in April jimjac79 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 0 5th June 2015 07:56 AM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.