Journey from Expecting Direct Grant to Receiving PIC 4020 to getting Finally Granted

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

Like Tree15Likes

Journey from Expecting Direct Grant to Receiving PIC 4020 to getting Finally Granted


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11th January 2018, 12:02 PM
gaudit24's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Qatar
Posts: 214
Rep Power: 89
gaudit24 is on a distinguished road
84 likes received
194 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Smile Journey from Expecting Direct Grant to Receiving PIC 4020 to getting Finally Granted

Dear All,

My journey towards getting 190 visa has been really long (718 day to be exact), I feel like writing my heart out as I believe it can be useful to anyone during this journey and can take some positive clues.

I started my journey by expecting a direct grant as I had uploaded / front loaded all the documents including medicals and PCC (*as per advice from senior members of the forum).

Then started the journey of waiting, waiting & waiting for that Golden e-mail. Many questions came such as
- No assessment commencement e-mail
- NO CO allocated
- No Additional requirement raised
When I did many calls and follow-ups through e-mail, all I got was a standard reply that it is in assessment, please wait for the finalization e-mail. Doing this almost 1.5 years passed by and my status always remained as "Received" and nothing had changed.

Questioning many seniors on this forum, somewhere I read write an online feedback using web form on the website (which unfortunately has been removed now), used IGIS & Ombudsmen. They replied, they will follow up on the case and refer. Again, nothing changed.

Then finally one day, my colleague informed me they had visited my office for employment checks ( in June 2017) & again all things went silent after that with no response from CO. I again e-mailed them but got a standard response.

In September 2017, a bomb blasted in my mailbox by getting PIC 4020 and I went totally blank, dull, upset and dumb as I had to justify within 28 days. I had to do something, I recovered from this shock in 2-3 days. I knew internally that I was right, I have been honest whole of my life, reading the letter for about 50-60 times I realized it is clear case of misunderstandings and I being an auditor could easily relate.

I decided that I will win this case and that I will give my reply again with full confidence and being genuine. I started loving the fact that I am going to present my case and god has given this opportunity for 1 final time to present my case. My case at least moved forward and reached this stage rather being waiting in dark.

All 28 days, I had sleepless nights, to prepare a detailed draft, write explanations, gather evidences and make the most of this chance given. I wanted to make sure and to leave no stone unturned. Within 20 days of my reply, I got an e-mail to re-do my medicals and PCC as they had expired. That time, I knew I have won the case and my visa is on the final phase.

I did all that was asked and finally on 9th January, I got that golden e-mail. I am really thankful to all the members on this forum who gave strength, guidance and lot of valuable inputs. The best part here is that if you see success stories, you too relate to it, dream about it and your aspirations go be there goes better and better.

Thanks for reading this long post. All those waiting for your grant, I wish you all a very best luck and may god fulfill your dream soon.

Warm regards,
gaudit24

__________________
ANZCO CODE: 221214 (Internal Auditor)
Points: 65 + 5 (NSW)
PTE: +65 Result
Experience: 6 years (Assessed Positive by Vetassess)
EOI Submitted: 26 Dec 2015
NSW ITA: 21 Jan 2016
190 Visa applied: 22 Jan 2016
Documents Lodged: 28 Jan 2016
Uganda PCC: 23 Dec 2015
India PCC - self: 07 Jan 2016
India PCC - wife: 20 Jan 2016
Medicals completed: 05 Feb 2016 (Self & Spouse)
PIC 4020: 04/09/2017
Again Medicals & PCC: 25/10/2018
Visa grant: 09/01/2018
IED: 28/10/2018
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11th January 2018, 12:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 102
Rep Power: 0
tasi is on a distinguished road
48 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

I imagine your grant being sweeter than most grants. Congratulations. Why did you get a PIC 4020 natural justice letter?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11th January 2018, 02:11 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: india
Posts: 34
Rep Power: 0
Gbatra is on a distinguished road
15 likes received
27 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaudit24 View Post
Dear All,

My journey towards getting 190 visa has been really long (718 day to be exact), I feel like writing my heart out as I believe it can be useful to anyone during this journey and can take some positive clues.

I started my journey by expecting a direct grant as I had uploaded / front loaded all the documents including medicals and PCC (*as per advice from senior members of the forum).

Then started the journey of waiting, waiting & waiting for that Golden e-mail. Many questions came such as
- No assessment commencement e-mail
- NO CO allocated
- No Additional requirement raised
When I did many calls and follow-ups through e-mail, all I got was a standard reply that it is in assessment, please wait for the finalization e-mail. Doing this almost 1.5 years passed by and my status always remained as "Received" and nothing had changed.

Questioning many seniors on this forum, somewhere I read write an online feedback using web form on the website (which unfortunately has been removed now), used IGIS & Ombudsmen. They replied, they will follow up on the case and refer. Again, nothing changed.

Then finally one day, my colleague informed me they had visited my office for employment checks ( in June 2017) & again all things went silent after that with no response from CO. I again e-mailed them but got a standard response.

In September 2017, a bomb blasted in my mailbox by getting PIC 4020 and I went totally blank, dull, upset and dumb as I had to justify within 28 days. I had to do something, I recovered from this shock in 2-3 days. I knew internally that I was right, I have been honest whole of my life, reading the letter for about 50-60 times I realized it is clear case of misunderstandings and I being an auditor could easily relate.

I decided that I will win this case and that I will give my reply again with full confidence and being genuine. I started loving the fact that I am going to present my case and god has given this opportunity for 1 final time to present my case. My case at least moved forward and reached this stage rather being waiting in dark.

All 28 days, I had sleepless nights, to prepare a detailed draft, write explanations, gather evidences and make the most of this chance given. I wanted to make sure and to leave no stone unturned. Within 20 days of my reply, I got an e-mail to re-do my medicals and PCC as they had expired. That time, I knew I have won the case and my visa is on the final phase.

I did all that was asked and finally on 9th January, I got that golden e-mail. I am really thankful to all the members on this forum who gave strength, guidance and lot of valuable inputs. The best part here is that if you see success stories, you too relate to it, dream about it and your aspirations go be there goes better and better.

Thanks for reading this long post. All those waiting for your grant, I wish you all a very best luck and may god fulfill your dream soon.

Warm regards,
gaudit24
Many congratulations... I have a very very similar story....
When did u submit PCC and medical. (Second Time)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

__________________
PTE 1st attempt S90 R73 W80 L84

LODGED VISA 15/09/2016
CO CONTACT- 29/09/2016 for medicals
MEDICALS- 20/10/2016
CO CONTACT- 12/12/2016 for form 80
verification- 15/06/2017
Natural Justice- 12/10/17
replied- 06/11/17
CO CONTACT REDO MEDICALS & PCC - 12/12/2017
REPLIED- 29/12/2017

grant :26/02/2018
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12th January 2018, 09:28 AM
Mudassar_SM's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sydney
Posts: 192
Rep Power: 0
Mudassar_SM is on a distinguished road
122 likes received
223 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Is PIC 4020 a NJ Letter ?

__________________
189 || 261313 (SW Engg)
Applied - Sep 2016
Granted - Apr 2017
Validation - May 2017
Final Move - Mar 2018 (Sydney)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12th January 2018, 09:38 AM
benisrael's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Madurai, TN
Posts: 332
Rep Power: 0
benisrael is on a distinguished road
72 likes received
93 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in india.
Default

My heartfelt Congratulations to you on the grant!
gaudit24 likes this.

__________________
30 Pts - Age
20 Pts - PTE-A
15 Pts - Education
05 Pts - Work Experience

ICT Systems Analyst (261112)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12th January 2018, 10:15 AM
smaikap's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 199
Rep Power: 0
smaikap is on a distinguished road
45 likes received
115 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Congratulation.

If it is not too much trouble, may you please describe the 'misunderstanding' that caused the delay.

In hindsight, what you think you could have done to avoid this delay at the first place?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

__________________
IELTS: July 2017
L: 8.5 | R: 9 | W: 7 | S: 7.5 | O: 8.5
PTE: October 2017
L: 90 | R: 84 | W: 90 | S: 80 | O: 87
ACS: November 2017
ANZ Code: 261313
Result: Positive, -4 years of work experience

EOI:
Work Experience: 10|Age: 30|English: 20|Qualificatio: 15|Total: 75
Submitted: 02-12-17
Invitation Received: 20-12-17

PR-189
Lodged: 07-01-18
Documents: ALL
CO Contact: For PTE
Grant: 09-July-2018

Validation Trip: 27-Nov-2018 for 10 days & found a job
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12th January 2018, 01:21 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: India
Posts: 18
Rep Power: 0
ami27 is on a distinguished road
2 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

After N J Reply. Do you asked for Medical ?? Is your Medical and PCC expired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbatra View Post
Many congratulations... I have a very very similar story....
When did u submit PCC and medical. (Second Time)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

__________________
Primary applicant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12th January 2018, 01:24 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: india
Posts: 34
Rep Power: 0
Gbatra is on a distinguished road
15 likes received
27 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ami27 View Post
After N J Reply. Do you asked for Medical ?? Is your Medical and PCC expired?
Yes my PCC and medical expired in September.. so they have asked me to re submit those...this happed back in December.. 40 days after NJ

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

__________________
PTE 1st attempt S90 R73 W80 L84

LODGED VISA 15/09/2016
CO CONTACT- 29/09/2016 for medicals
MEDICALS- 20/10/2016
CO CONTACT- 12/12/2016 for form 80
verification- 15/06/2017
Natural Justice- 12/10/17
replied- 06/11/17
CO CONTACT REDO MEDICALS & PCC - 12/12/2017
REPLIED- 29/12/2017

grant :26/02/2018
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 13th January 2018, 06:54 PM
gaudit24's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Qatar
Posts: 214
Rep Power: 89
gaudit24 is on a distinguished road
84 likes received
194 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Dear Tasi,

Getting PIC 4020 is totally dependent on Case officer. After, I received the same, I understood it was due to some misunderstanding and misinterpretation of documents submitted. The 4 basic issues raised were as under:

1. The designation on the payslip was inconsistent. I had written in my SD that I a am a senior manager & in payslip it was written as Assistant Manager so they asked why such wrong info. Then as proof I showed the joining and reliving letter though I had also submitted it initially but I re-assured it by providing again if was missed to be seen.

2. They asked the address and phone no. didn't match. I mentioned that they had visited the office and they went to same address as mentioned on payslip. The phone no. had changed after i had filed my documents, so I shared the HR e-mail that we had received.

3. They asked that during employment verification the salary said by some colleague was wrong, So i said what can I do about it. In India, the labour laws are not as Aus. that everyone gets fair salary. I got a letter from HR that my salary as stated in joining letter and payslip is correct.

4. Some other confusion raised as what exactly I did as Internal auditor was not clear. So I sent my IA reports that I used to submit to the client.

So, it was clear that I was true to what I had worked. I won the case.

Thanks for posting. Let me know if any additional info. required.

Cheers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasi View Post
I imagine your grant being sweeter than most grants. Congratulations. Why did you get a PIC 4020 natural justice letter?

__________________
ANZCO CODE: 221214 (Internal Auditor)
Points: 65 + 5 (NSW)
PTE: +65 Result
Experience: 6 years (Assessed Positive by Vetassess)
EOI Submitted: 26 Dec 2015
NSW ITA: 21 Jan 2016
190 Visa applied: 22 Jan 2016
Documents Lodged: 28 Jan 2016
Uganda PCC: 23 Dec 2015
India PCC - self: 07 Jan 2016
India PCC - wife: 20 Jan 2016
Medicals completed: 05 Feb 2016 (Self & Spouse)
PIC 4020: 04/09/2017
Again Medicals & PCC: 25/10/2018
Visa grant: 09/01/2018
IED: 28/10/2018
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 13th January 2018, 06:55 PM
gaudit24's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Qatar
Posts: 214
Rep Power: 89
gaudit24 is on a distinguished road
84 likes received
194 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbatra View Post
Yes my PCC and medical expired in September.. so they have asked me to re submit those...this happed back in December.. 40 days after NJ

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
You will get your grant soon. By Feb - March, your grant is sure to come...Best of luck buddy.

They asked you re-submit medical & pcc means your case is now positive again for getting grant soon.

__________________
ANZCO CODE: 221214 (Internal Auditor)
Points: 65 + 5 (NSW)
PTE: +65 Result
Experience: 6 years (Assessed Positive by Vetassess)
EOI Submitted: 26 Dec 2015
NSW ITA: 21 Jan 2016
190 Visa applied: 22 Jan 2016
Documents Lodged: 28 Jan 2016
Uganda PCC: 23 Dec 2015
India PCC - self: 07 Jan 2016
India PCC - wife: 20 Jan 2016
Medicals completed: 05 Feb 2016 (Self & Spouse)
PIC 4020: 04/09/2017
Again Medicals & PCC: 25/10/2018
Visa grant: 09/01/2018
IED: 28/10/2018
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Tags
190 visa, pic 4020, pr journey

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Visa granted!!!!! Journey begins...... rkv146 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 1152 29th January 2018 09:18 AM
My Journey to PR grant hi2guru Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 3 13th July 2016 07:42 AM
Natural Justice (pic 4020) Due to Work Experience Rai2016 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 22 8th June 2016 03:43 PM
PIC 4020 notice help!! Bobby9927 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 29 25th September 2015 08:39 PM
Finally visa approved!! Journey begins waudy10 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 6 27th September 2012 02:08 PM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.