My 2 Bits on the PR journey - Page 13

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

Like Tree1518Likes

My 2 Bits on the PR journey - Page 13


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #121 (permalink)  
Old 30th October 2017, 02:30 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 42
Rep Power: 0
yogesh120889 is on a distinguished road
7 likes received
17 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbienz View Post
Update the EOI and get the invite.
You never know when the rules can change.

Complete the application pay the visa fees and upload all documents except your wife medicals

The CO will contact you and ask for wife medicals to be uploaded

At that point you can complete all your wifeís medicals tests except the x-ray and get a certificate from the doctor that she is pregnant and as such x-ray is not advisable

The CO will then put your application on hold till such time that the baby is delivered and your wife can safely undergo the x-ray tests

That is what I would do if I were in your shoes

Cheers
Thanks for the quick reply.
Unfortunately, I am applying through an agent.
So they suggested that it is not good to hold the application for a longer period with the CO. Hence, I can delay it for 1/2 months.

But, as you say, we are not sure what would happen in future.
And will the Doctors that they suggest will perform medical tests for pregnant women?

__________________
EOI submitted
261313 - Software Engineer
189 - 65 points - DOE - 17 sep 2017
190 - 70 points - VIC - DOE - 17 sep 2017

Waiting to update my EOI with 75.

PTE attempts
1 - W 76 R 82 S 90 L 79
2 - W 84 R 73 S 75 L 79
3 - W 57 R 63 S 67 L 58 [Since I did not complete listening part]
4 - W 80 R 78 S 85 L 82
5 - W 79 R 73 S 69 L 78
6 - W 87 R 81 S 84 L 86
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #122 (permalink)  
Old 30th October 2017, 02:33 PM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 15,430
Rep Power: 817
NB is a jewel in the roughNB is a jewel in the roughNB is a jewel in the rough
4657 likes received
232 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh120889 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.
Unfortunately, I am applying through an agent.
So they suggested that it is not good to hold the application for a longer period with the CO. Hence, I can delay it for 1/2 months.

But, as you say, we are not sure what would happen in future.
And will the Doctors that they suggest will perform medical tests for pregnant women?
I believe that if you have appointed an agent for processing your visa application , then listen to his advise

If you do back seat driving, the chances of accidents are high

Cheers
Ausysdhome likes this.

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #123 (permalink)  
Old 30th October 2017, 02:46 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 42
Rep Power: 0
yogesh120889 is on a distinguished road
7 likes received
17 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbienz View Post
I believe that if you have appointed an agent for processing your visa application , then listen to his advise

If you do back seat driving, the chances of accidents are high

Cheers
Yes, I got you. But, i am really in a state of confusion.
Probably, I can delay the EOI update till december, so that I can reduce the holding period of VISA

__________________
EOI submitted
261313 - Software Engineer
189 - 65 points - DOE - 17 sep 2017
190 - 70 points - VIC - DOE - 17 sep 2017

Waiting to update my EOI with 75.

PTE attempts
1 - W 76 R 82 S 90 L 79
2 - W 84 R 73 S 75 L 79
3 - W 57 R 63 S 67 L 58 [Since I did not complete listening part]
4 - W 80 R 78 S 85 L 82
5 - W 79 R 73 S 69 L 78
6 - W 87 R 81 S 84 L 86
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #124 (permalink)  
Old 30th October 2017, 02:49 PM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 15,430
Rep Power: 817
NB is a jewel in the roughNB is a jewel in the roughNB is a jewel in the rough
4657 likes received
232 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh120889 View Post
Yes, I got you. But, i am really in a state of confusion.
Probably, I can delay the EOI update till december, so that I can reduce the holding period of VISA
No matter how many times you post, I will not write what you want to hear

Unless, you have something new to add, would request you to let the thread remain clean

Cheers
Ausysdhome likes this.

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #125 (permalink)  
Old 30th October 2017, 04:24 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 42
Rep Power: 0
yogesh120889 is on a distinguished road
7 likes received
17 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbienz View Post
No matter how many times you post, I will not write what you want to hear

Unless, you have something new to add, would request you to let the thread remain clean

Cheers
ok. Thanks.
Sorry for flooding the thread with queries.
I was trying to find an answer for the qs -> how long VISA process can be put to hold < 6 months or is there any upper limit?
Previously, I had put it in a wrong way? sorry for that

__________________
EOI submitted
261313 - Software Engineer
189 - 65 points - DOE - 17 sep 2017
190 - 70 points - VIC - DOE - 17 sep 2017

Waiting to update my EOI with 75.

PTE attempts
1 - W 76 R 82 S 90 L 79
2 - W 84 R 73 S 75 L 79
3 - W 57 R 63 S 67 L 58 [Since I did not complete listening part]
4 - W 80 R 78 S 85 L 82
5 - W 79 R 73 S 69 L 78
6 - W 87 R 81 S 84 L 86

Last edited by yogesh120889; 30th October 2017 at 04:38 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #126 (permalink)  
Old 31st October 2017, 04:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 230
Rep Power: 0
combatant is on a distinguished road
13 likes received
4 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from pakistan. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

I am in a situation where I filed an ACS last year with positive result of 5 points. I was short of two months when I switched from that job i.e March 2017. I manually update my EOI after my new job and my DOE changed. Now if I go for reassess ACS, will be DOE will be changed or not?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #127 (permalink)  
Old 10th November 2017, 04:14 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tehran
Posts: 48
Rep Power: 0
Sucess is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
23 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from iran. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Hello bro,
good job you have been doing here. Please I have few questions regarding migration to Australia.
My question goes thus:
I want to assess with TRA, I have all documents but my salary is paid by hand, that means I have no bank evidence but there is company reference, payslips, employment letter and promotion letter signed and stamped. will this suffice for TRA assessment for Electrician General?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #128 (permalink)  
Old 10th November 2017, 10:51 PM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 15,430
Rep Power: 817
NB is a jewel in the roughNB is a jewel in the roughNB is a jewel in the rough
4657 likes received
232 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucess View Post
Hello bro,
good job you have been doing here. Please I have few questions regarding migration to Australia.
My question goes thus:
I want to assess with TRA, I have all documents but my salary is paid by hand, that means I have no bank evidence but there is company reference, payslips, employment letter and promotion letter signed and stamped. will this suffice for TRA assessment for Electrician General?
No idea about TRA

Cheers

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #129 (permalink)  
Old 10th November 2017, 11:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: singapore
Posts: 282
Rep Power: 0
ENGINEER291085 is on a distinguished road
67 likes received
6 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Hi Newbienz and Friends,
Need suggestion with regard to the expected issue of child appearance.

I am in the process of filing visa maybe by tomorrow I will pay the fee and upload documents. Just that I am confused on the expected issue of child appearance different in medical and passport pic.As this issue is reported by few people who have kids around 2to 3 years in their application and their kid's passport was issued when they were infants.

I have two options.

1) Wait for CO to ask about the STAT DECLARATION from Australian PR or Citizen to declare that the kid is same in both medical and passport.
OR
2) I plan to renew my kid's passport with recent photograph now and update this new passport info in immiaccount in another 10days ( but i will be lodging visa in another 2 days). Better to hold on and once I have new passport details then only lodge or lodge first and just update new info to DIBP.

Which one should be the right option??? any inputs based on experience.. intuition????

Passport renewal is in my control but getting a stat decl from Australian guy is something I am not sure how to get it..that is why I am planning to go with option 2.
Please suggest.
Thanks.

__________________
ANZSCO: 261313
Occupation: Software Engineer
PTE-A: L-76,R-82,S-71,W-85
ACS Applied: 22-June-2017
ACS Result: 26-July-2017
EOI: Submitted 22nd Sep 2017 (65 Points) Increased to 70 in Oct
Age-30,Qualification-15,Exp-10,PTE-10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #130 (permalink)  
Old 10th November 2017, 11:41 PM
NB's Avatar
NB NB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down under
Posts: 15,430
Rep Power: 817
NB is a jewel in the roughNB is a jewel in the roughNB is a jewel in the rough
4657 likes received
232 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINEER291085 View Post
Hi Newbienz and Friends,
Need suggestion with regard to the expected issue of child appearance.

I am in the process of filing visa maybe by tomorrow I will pay the fee and upload documents. Just that I am confused on the expected issue of child appearance different in medical and passport pic.As this issue is reported by few people who have kids around 2to 3 years in their application and their kid's passport was issued when they were infants.

I have two options.

1) Wait for CO to ask about the STAT DECLARATION from Australian PR or Citizen to declare that the kid is same in both medical and passport.
OR
2) I plan to renew my kid's passport with recent photograph now and update this new passport info in immiaccount in another 10days ( but i will be lodging visa in another 2 days). Better to hold on and once I have new passport details then only lodge or lodge first and just update new info to DIBP.

Which one should be the right option??? any inputs based on experience.. intuition????

Passport renewal is in my control but getting a stat decl from Australian guy is something I am not sure how to get it..that is why I am planning to go with option 2.
Please suggest.
Thanks.
If I were in your shoes, I would complete the entire process of filing the application and uploading the documents
Just donít upload the childís passport
Upload it only once you get the new passport
Also file a FORM 1022 and give the new passport number

Itís not as if that you will file the application tomorrow and the Co will start processing your case day after
Things take time
Just get the new passport asap and you will be fine

Final decision is yours

Cheers

__________________
EOI 2017 | Invited 2017 | Grant 2017

Please respect my privacy and donít PM Me
I will surely answer all posts on my thread
I do not predict invites or grants

If you have any question specifically for me, please post on my thread
My 2 Bits on the PR journey
https://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-journey.html

I AM NOT A MARA AGENT | I DONT ADVISE | I ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE PR PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MS from Bits pilani lijine.john Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 2 15th October 2017 04:10 AM
Your Leathery Bits... bluefoam Dubai Expat Forum for Expats Living in Dubai 5 12th June 2016 07:55 PM
Shipping a few bits back to the UK asharma0001 Dubai Expat Forum for Expats Living in Dubai 6 15th February 2016 02:00 PM
Final bits 'n' bobs Rainmaker123 Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK 4 16th December 2015 06:51 PM
Legal Bits Jethro1950 Spain Expat Forum for Expats Living in Spain 1 19th March 2013 02:20 PM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.