Not getting medical clearance - Page 3

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

Like Tree3Likes

Not getting medical clearance - Page 3


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 9th December 2012, 06:42 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: lagos
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0
akanawu is on a distinguished road
8 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from nigeria. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEndofDays View Post
Does your CO know that you're dependent is undergoing medication?
Have not heard anything from the CO yet even though the Medical Examinations was done only recently, 21 Nov to be precise.

I do not know the nitty gritty of this Medical Examination process and I have not seen the reports or talked to the doctor myself. My dependent is studying in Malysia and did his medicals in a e-health clinic there, while I live and did paper medicals here in Nigeria on the same 21 Nov. Online tracking show that my report was received by GH on 28 Nov.

What steps am I to take from here?? Thanks for your assistance.

__________________
Occupation: Medical Laboratory Scientist Invite: 15/10/12 Application: 31/10/12 CO: 12/11/12 Grant: 06/08/13
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 4th January 2013, 12:05 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: nigeria
Posts: 48
Rep Power: 0
burge is on a distinguished road
7 likes received
10 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from nigeria. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akanawu View Post
Have not heard anything from the CO yet even though the Medical Examinations was done only recently, 21 Nov to be precise.

I do not know the nitty gritty of this Medical Examination process and I have not seen the reports or talked to the doctor myself. My dependent is studying in Malysia and did his medicals in a e-health clinic there, while I live and did paper medicals here in Nigeria on the same 21 Nov. Online tracking show that my report was received by GH on 28 Nov.

What steps am I to take from here?? Thanks for your assistance.
good day akanawu,
i can see on your time line that you have already been granted VISA. i am in lagos too. i will definitely be receiving invite on monday jan 7. i want to find out whether I can do the police clearance check(PCC) in alagbon,Lagos or i have to go to Abuja as stated on DIACs site. which hospital did you use for your medicals. so i can do mine there too(it appears fast).
it will be good to generally be in touch with you if you dont mind.
thank you.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 4th January 2013, 09:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 111
Rep Power: 0
Nurse is on a distinguished road
35 likes received
39 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from maldives. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Hi,

Just to share my own experience.
Lung scarring is a sign of infection usually caused by Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. Usually you don't get scar tissues if you have pneumonia (another lung infection). It is not uncommon for patients not to have signs or symptoms of TB. In my case, I found out I had a small scar on my lung when I had an x-ray as a nursing student back in 1996. All my tests were negative. But I still took a complete course of antituberculous treatment.
I applied for my first student visa to Australia in 2005 and I had to sign a health undertaking because of the scar. They took x-rays every three months just to ensure that the scar is not increasing in size (a sign of active TB).
For my second student visa, I did not have to sign a health undertaking as they have my records in Australia.
For my third student visa, I did the medicals here in Australia and I did a PR medical as I planned to apply for PR using the same medical. It took more than 6 weeks for the Commonwealth Medical Officer to finalize the medical.

What I have been told about the whole process is that they want to make sure I am not having active TB and multiple x-rays at different time frames showing that the scar has remained the same is what they are looking for. They said that even though some one has active TB, they want it to be treated properly before they grant a visa and they will not reject the visa just because someone had a scar in their lungs.
Hope this gives hope to all those people who are having this issue. Good luck.
wikimee likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 5th January 2013, 07:08 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: lagos
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0
akanawu is on a distinguished road
8 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from nigeria. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse View Post
Hi,

Just to share my own experience.
Lung scarring is a sign of infection usually caused by Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. Usually you don't get scar tissues if you have pneumonia (another lung infection). It is not uncommon for patients not to have signs or symptoms of TB. In my case, I found out I had a small scar on my lung when I had an x-ray as a nursing student back in 1996. All my tests were negative. But I still took a complete course of antituberculous treatment.
I applied for my first student visa to Australia in 2005 and I had to sign a health undertaking because of the scar. They took x-rays every three months just to ensure that the scar is not increasing in size (a sign of active TB).
For my second student visa, I did not have to sign a health undertaking as they have my records in Australia.
For my third student visa, I did the medicals here in Australia and I did a PR medical as I planned to apply for PR using the same medical. It took more than 6 weeks for the Commonwealth Medical Officer to finalize the medical.

What I have been told about the whole process is that they want to make sure I am not having active TB and multiple x-rays at different time frames showing that the scar has remained the same is what they are looking for. They said that even though some one has active TB, they want it to be treated properly before they grant a visa and they will not reject the visa just because someone had a scar in their lungs.
Hope this gives hope to all those people who are having this issue. Good luck.
Quite informative, thanks. But how long did your full course of treatment take??

__________________
Occupation: Medical Laboratory Scientist Invite: 15/10/12 Application: 31/10/12 CO: 12/11/12 Grant: 06/08/13
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 5th January 2013, 07:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 111
Rep Power: 0
Nurse is on a distinguished road
35 likes received
39 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from maldives. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akanawu View Post
Quite informative, thanks. But how long did your full course of treatment take??
A total of 6 months. 2 months with 4 drugs and the remaining 4 months with 2 drugs.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 5th January 2013, 08:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: India
Posts: 175
Rep Power: 0
thumbsup is on a distinguished road
32 likes received
10 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse View Post
Hi,

Just to share my own experience.
Lung scarring is a sign of infection usually caused by Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. Usually you don't get scar tissues if you have pneumonia (another lung infection). It is not uncommon for patients not to have signs or symptoms of TB. In my case, I found out I had a small scar on my lung when I had an x-ray as a nursing student back in 1996. All my tests were negative. But I still took a complete course of antituberculous treatment.
I applied for my first student visa to Australia in 2005 and I had to sign a health undertaking because of the scar. They took x-rays every three months just to ensure that the scar is not increasing in size (a sign of active TB).
For my second student visa, I did not have to sign a health undertaking as they have my records in Australia.
For my third student visa, I did the medicals here in Australia and I did a PR medical as I planned to apply for PR using the same medical. It took more than 6 weeks for the Commonwealth Medical Officer to finalize the medical.

What I have been told about the whole process is that they want to make sure I am not having active TB and multiple x-rays at different time frames showing that the scar has remained the same is what they are looking for. They said that even though some one has active TB, they want it to be treated properly before they grant a visa and they will not reject the visa just because someone had a scar in their lungs.
Hope this gives hope to all those people who are having this issue. Good luck.
Thanks a lot.. really very informative and valuable information..

Cheers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 4th March 2013, 07:48 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: australia
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 0
sunil_93745 is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

i am new in forum.i have done my first medical in 14/07/2012 and then they found scars so asked for sputum on 24 september an x ray after 14 january.we have done x ray on 16 January.but haven't got any answer from them .its been 7 weeks now.they r telling me to wait.is anyone can help me with this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 4th March 2013, 09:23 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
lucasblue is on a distinguished road
3 likes given

Default

I think I am undergoing the same situation. I submit my medical check up on Nov 2012. but my medical clearance is still undergoing external checking.Therefore, total around 4 months in delay. CO said that all document are received and fine. Pending for MOC.
I got a X-ray two weeks ago Because of other reasons and the doctor finds some scars on my lung. He suggested me to have some sputum tests to confirm the presence of TB. If so, he would like to start the TB treatment. However, I preferred starting it much earlier than having the culture result, coz it needs a month.
Just wondering anyone was withheld the process of granting visa because of such situation?
And so will they be granted the Visa eventually?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 4th March 2013, 10:18 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MELBOURNE
Posts: 15
Rep Power: 0
manpal is on a distinguished road
2 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Dear friend

This is to share my experience vth u....TB is such a disease vch is not easily diagnosed...I too was asymptomatic and I always believed that I am perfectly OK. But in my culture test from bronchoscopy , I was found positive for TB. I undergone a treatment for 6 months of TB and now I have submitted the letter from my doctor and all the CT scans and X-ray reports to the MOC for the clearance...

I will suggest all my friends out there that if there is any problem in X-ray..please donot wait and neglect...MOC people are very strict..they vl not spare u in any way...so if there is any problem in x-ray then vthout wasting any time get urself checked for TB...common tests are- X-ray, CT scans, Montaux test, bronchoscopy, lavage, sputum test...etc. and if found positive get urself treated for TB. Its of min. 6 months medication...

I got scar in my X-ray report on Feb. 2012 and after rigorous phase of testing of 7 months , I got to know on 28 Aug. 2012, that I had TB......TB diagonosis generally takes time because its thru culture report ..u got confirmation...also u have to relate all the test reports like montaux, ct scans , x-ray etc...

Hope this info vl help my friends those who are confused..about their medicals..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 23rd April 2013, 07:11 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MELBOURNE
Posts: 15
Rep Power: 0
manpal is on a distinguished road
2 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Dear friends.

Please help me out....I had completed my TB medication and submitted the results on 25 feb. 2013 to the MOC but havent got any reply from them...Two month have already passed... AHC people repeat the same answer everytime...that there is serious backlog and it vl take time....but how much time it vl take...M really very depressed and frustrated ....Its been 2 years of our marriage but I am not living with my husband due to slow processing of the visa application....Can anybody on the forum help me out for speeding up my visa application.,...Is there any other alternative....My CO is also not communicating with me from last ten months....m very much confused and feeling trapped in the situation....


Any enlightenment will be appreciated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpal View Post
Dear friend

This is to share my experience vth u....TB is such a disease vch is not easily diagnosed...I too was asymptomatic and I always believed that I am perfectly OK. But in my culture test from bronchoscopy , I was found positive for TB. I undergone a treatment for 6 months of TB and now I have submitted the letter from my doctor and all the CT scans and X-ray reports to the MOC for the clearance...

I will suggest all my friends out there that if there is any problem in X-ray..please donot wait and neglect...MOC people are very strict..they vl not spare u in any way...so if there is any problem in x-ray then vthout wasting any time get urself checked for TB...common tests are- X-ray, CT scans, Montaux test, bronchoscopy, lavage, sputum test...etc. and if found positive get urself treated for TB. Its of min. 6 months medication...

I got scar in my X-ray report on Feb. 2012 and after rigorous phase of testing of 7 months , I got to know on 28 Aug. 2012, that I had TB......TB diagonosis generally takes time because its thru culture report ..u got confirmation...also u have to relate all the test reports like montaux, ct scans , x-ray etc...

Hope this info vl help my friends those who are confused..about their medicals..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Police Clearance - USA - Should i get clearance for all states? auzee_bujji Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 34 3rd March 2014 11:58 AM
get police clearance and medical request somsom2011 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 7 11th July 2011 01:42 PM
Got Medical Call--Unable to go for Medical due to Job iffi Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 3 1st March 2011 07:23 PM
Medical care for existing medical conditions in Cyprus chrissie44 Cyprus Expat Forum for Expats Living in Cyprus 10 5th February 2010 03:49 PM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.