GST exemption for VETTASSESS

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

GST exemption for VETTASSESS


Closed Thread
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 30th October 2008, 07:21 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
Grace2 is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default GST exemption for VETTASSESS

Hi - I am about to submit my VETTASSESS application from the UK - wonder if anyone can clarify for me what is acceptable as evidence that I am not resident in Australia - VETTASSESS ask for a statutory declaration stating in the exact words ' I am not in Australia at the time of application' for the exemption to be valid however also state that a personal statement signed by me is not sufficient - does anyone know what is acceptable - eg a signed statement which has been certified ?? or something else ?? thanks

Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 30th October 2008, 07:47 AM
kaz101's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Limestone Coast, South Australia
Posts: 6,235
Rep Power: 6019
kaz101 has a reputation beyond reputekaz101 has a reputation beyond reputekaz101 has a reputation beyond reputekaz101 has a reputation beyond reputekaz101 has a reputation beyond reputekaz101 has a reputation beyond reputekaz101 has a reputation beyond reputekaz101 has a reputation beyond reputekaz101 has a reputation beyond reputekaz101 has a reputation beyond reputekaz101 has a reputation beyond repute
391 likes received
23 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevcardosa View Post
Hi - I am about to submit my VETTASSESS application from the UK - wonder if anyone can clarify for me what is acceptable as evidence that I am not resident in Australia - VETTASSESS ask for a statutory declaration stating in the exact words ' I am not in Australia at the time of application' for the exemption to be valid however also state that a personal statement signed by me is not sufficient - does anyone know what is acceptable - eg a signed statement which has been certified ?? or something else ?? thanks
Hi bevcardosa,

Welcome to the forum.

When my husband had to do a stat declaration he wrote that kind of thing in a word document, printed it out and signed it, and then had a UK solicitor to sign it too so it was certified by them.

Regards,
Karen

__________________
"Don't worry if you're making waves simply by being yourself. The moon does it all the time" ~ Scott Stabile
Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 30th October 2008, 07:53 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
Grace2 is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz101 View Post
Hi bevcardosa,

Welcome to the forum.

When my husband had to do a stat declaration he wrote that kind of thing in a word document, printed it out and signed it, and then had a UK solicitor to sign it too so it was certified by them.

Regards,
Karen
Hi Karen - thanks for your prompt reply - figured it might be something like that - will do the same - furstrates me that they don't make it clearer - they are good at telling you what is not acceptable but not so good at telling you what is ! Ho hum

regards

Bev Cardosa

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 31st October 2008, 08:20 AM
pc pc is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NSW
Posts: 33
Rep Power: 0
pc is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevcardosa View Post
Hi Karen - thanks for your prompt reply - figured it might be something like that - will do the same - furstrates me that they don't make it clearer - they are good at telling you what is not acceptable but not so good at telling you what is ! Ho hum

regards

Bev Cardosa
Bev

A stat dec about your whereabouts when you applied to Vetassess will do.

Alternatively, if you have a registered migration agent acting on your behalf, a letter from that agent on this matter will suffice.

Regards
Peter

__________________
Ptlabs Consulting | Registered Migration Agent 0427067 | http://ptlabs.com.au/
Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tax Exemption and other calculations DS3 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 1 3rd August 2011 12:40 PM
Tax Exemption in UK if on 457 in Aus? roh008 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 3 24th August 2010 10:32 AM
PR & Medicare Exemption ktrianta Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 0 20th July 2010 09:30 PM
Exemption from UK pension tax in Turkey tylerbabe Other Middle East & Africa 11 4th May 2010 05:04 PM
exemption in medicine riyas Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK 1 18th August 2009 07:18 AM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.