Newbie moving to Bangkok - advice please - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 30th November 2012, 01:50 PM

Location: Madrid 2004 - 2013, Bangkok 2013 - 2016, Madrid 2016 - ?
Overandout is a splendid one to beholdOverandout is a splendid one to beholdOverandout is a splendid one to beholdOverandout is a splendid one to beholdOverandout is a splendid one to beholdOverandout is a splendid one to beholdOverandout is a splendid one to beholdOverandout is a splendid one to behold
2380 likes received
1234 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in spain.

Oops

I hadn't seen the date of the original post.... makes me wonder if EdT73 ever made it to BKK !

As far as my acomodation goes, you're right in that I have to take into consideration my daily commute, but that was why I am considering BangNa, especially as it appears to be more economical than the east end of Sukhumvit.

But in the end I will have more than my own commute to consider as my oldest child will be in an international school, yet to be identified, so that will have a heavy influence on our choice of residence.

I know the area around my workplace from previous work visits, and we will almost certainly have to live in an appartment hotel nearby on first arrival until we find anything to rent. I just wanted to do some groundwork before hand so as to not start from scratch when we get there...... I want to keep the hotel stay to a minimum for my family's sake.