Life in Isabela Province? - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 18th November 2012, 12:52 PM

Asian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
4101 likes received
5087 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default Missed Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam-In-Iraq View Post
Hey Gene,
Thanks for another great response. I am planning to take an R&R in May & fly from here in Iraq through Dubai & back over to Phil. By then I should know what our future is here in-country and can plan appropriately. I will pick up my wife & do some traveling around to the Subic area & then most likely down to Bacolod to check it out. I think I have her convinced that I will only be happy away from any big cities and most happy in a rural environment. I have been here in Iraq for the past 3 years and I only want a simple chance at peace & quiet & hopefully in a nice tropical setting.
Yeah I really plan on getting back over to the Subic area at least to check out all the changes. I actually have a man here that I work with that lives near Angeles City & he was at Subic back in the US Navy on board the USS Independence. I was in & out of there from 82-84 with the Marine Corps and I am sure that Olongapo has changed much since those days...hopefully. It would be fun to see that whole area again as an older more mature fellow instead of the foolish & crazy young Marine.
I really love the Philippines & the Pinays...the people are great for the most part. Any way take care brother & thanks again for the responses each time.

Sam
Hi Sam,,

Somehow I managed to miss your post here.. I think you'll find that Olongapo looks a lot the same. Hard Rock Cafe is still there as well as Kongs Hotel and cafe. I still like the food at Kongs and not a lot of money. The old base at Subic is the best part to me. Not quite as well kept as before but still a great place. Lots of expats living on base too. Many hotels, restaurants, and now even a shopping mall on base. Beats the heck outa living back in the states and anywhere here will seem a welcome change after Iraq I would think. For the ease and convenience of life, you might just decide on Subic or the surrounding areas as the best place to live.
Drop a note and let us know how you're doing these days. Sorry about the delayed response - I just didn't see the post here.

Gene

Be part of Flight Aware Free

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit Expat Forum on Facebook too...