Any one set up a small business in the UAE? - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 20th February 2016, 06:51 PM

06042161 is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in uae.
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
There are several different options, please send me a massage and I can give you all the information.

You can only sell physical goods in the freezone or outside of the UAE, however if you are selling a service online this is ok and can be done. (Consultancy)

Let me know if anyone has any questions.
Hi Marc - well aware this comment was posted nearly a year ago - but hoping the offer is still good (or indeed if anyone else is able to help it would be much appreciated)

I am in the middle of researching the best way in which to incorporate a company here in Dubai (onshore, or freezone).

I will be marketing services directly to customers on the mainland (big red sign saying onshore going off...i know..). These services will be fulfilled contracted labour services (or indeed other service providers on the mainland - with the correct business activity codes) - and i will collect payment.

Think 'foodonclick' - but with a captive client base and not food!

I have been taken amazed by the lack of clarity from business formation companies as to whether or not this kind of company can be in a freezone - and if not, I have been further amazed by the cost of setting up a company with a credible business service provider (set-up fee exceeding 30k!!, on top of DED, sponsor, office space).

Really hoping someone can offer me some advise here