Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Offer Letter (salary) issue

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  rsinner 
#1 ·
Hello guys,

Please i am looking for advise as soon as possible

I got offer letter the package is 8000 Aed

1- fist issue the basic salary is 3000 aed !! Others are benifits
So the thing in case i will ask for a loan they will consider my basic salary Only or all the package:(

2- they promised to give me 500 aed for fuel & 500 mobile
But its not counted or mentioned with package , should i ask them to include before i sign the contract

#2 ·
So the thing in case i will ask for a loan they will consider my basic salary Only or all the package:(
This is pretty common, it's just a way for companies to save on severance benefits, the banks will consider all the package.

About the allowances for mobile and fuel, if they are not mentioned maybe they will be based on out-of-pocket expense reimbursment (ie, you submit your phone bill and they will reimburse up to 500 aed/mo): if they will keep their promise (in and out the offer letter, what it matters is just the labour contract) depends on how serious the company is.

#4 ·
Usually the salary certificates include total amount and/or itemized details of the allowances. The labour contract is the same, it doesn't state only the basic, so don't worry.

But, anyway, is just a piece of paper by your company hr, they can write whatever they want inside: so your mileage may vary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.