Best way to watch English TV - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 8th October 2012, 01:42 PM

zuccheronan is on a distinguished road

As people have said using the internet and a website (Vipbox or frontrowsports - look on Google) you can watch very good Flash streams. You will generally have to use a PC or Mac for this, however, there are some internet browsers now available for the iPad that enable you to watch Flash videos. There will be lots of pop-up adverts but once you close them and maximise the screen it's generally a good quality alternative.

As for live TV you can use a VPN (Google it if you're not sure of what it is) and you can subscribe to a service that will then help you mask your IP address and look like you're in (whatever country you want to see the TV from) a different location. I have watched RTE and BBC (live through this) and also catch up services, such as: 4OD, iPlayer, ITV player and 5 on demand.

For general series that you may want to watch (away from terrestrial UK TV) like the shows broadcast on Sky Atlantic or that have been bought in from HBO etc then watchseries is very good.

So many good solutions means my Italian is being hampered - but at least I don't have to watch Italian TV - which, let's face it...is awful!