Spanish expressions - Mexico and other countries - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 14th January 2016, 03:45 AM

ojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond repute
1238 likes received
1155 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from canada. Users Flag! Expat in mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isla Verde View Post
I think it's a riot if Argentinians think they speak "better" Spanish than Mexicans. To me the language spoken in Argentina has a very Italian cadence, plus the use of "vos" and its odd verb forms have no connection to the way the language is spoken in Spain.
I quite like the Argentine accent, with the soft "zzhh" sound for "y" and "ll". Its cadence is also very musical. And of course I'm used to the "vos" form, as it is commonly used in Central America. I'm still more likely to say "”Mirį!" than "Mira" (the vos vs. tu form of "Look!"). Or as an interjection, "”Ay, vos!"

As to why the Argentinians would think they speak "better" Spanish than Mexicans, I guess it's because they are ... well, Argentinians. Here's a joke I've heard told by more than one Argentine friend: "A very lucrative business proposition is to buy an Argentine for what he is worth, and then sell him for what he THINKS he is worth."