Spanish expressions - Mexico and other countries - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 14th January 2016, 02:02 AM

Isla Verde has a reputation beyond reputeIsla Verde has a reputation beyond reputeIsla Verde has a reputation beyond reputeIsla Verde has a reputation beyond reputeIsla Verde has a reputation beyond reputeIsla Verde has a reputation beyond reputeIsla Verde has a reputation beyond reputeIsla Verde has a reputation beyond reputeIsla Verde has a reputation beyond reputeIsla Verde has a reputation beyond reputeIsla Verde has a reputation beyond repute
3738 likes received
5292 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in mexico.

Quote:
IV: You are sooooo right about that! Nevermind that their accent & expressions were diluted by a major Italian immigration back at the turn of the 20th century. What's even more puzzling are some I've met that bristle at being referred to as "Latin Americans", claiming to be "Europeans" instead!
That sounds like things I heard from Catalans when I was living in Barcelona in 1974-75, in the months before Franco died. They referred to themselves as Europeans, never as Spaniards, and tended to look down on people from other parts of Spain who had moved to Barcelona for work. Now, of course, many of them want to separate from Spain and form their own country of Catalunya. They may be surprised when the rest of Europe isn't so eager to welcome them into the EU.