Salary package offer - Your opinion please! - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 14th June 2012, 02:30 PM

Geke is on a distinguished road
1 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschestnuts View Post
hi, I would check everything out with your employer prior to signing any contract or moving out. ask them directly what it includes or doesnt. because once your out here its very hard to change anything. my husband works for a uk company but it has an international status, meaning he gets tax free. im sure yours would be if your getting paid in the uae. if you getting paid into your uk account then your get taxed.

just be upfront and ask is this tax free.

good luck and welcome.. if your coming from the uk, be prapared for a challenge. things do not work the same as they do in the uk.. but its a good experience.
I work for a UK company and get paid in the UK but as I am working and living out here I am classed as a non resident so my tax code is NT (no tax). All you have to do is contact the tax office, fill out a form and they advise your company of your NT tax code. If you do not do this then you will be taxed as the company will go by your tax code on your P45 from your previous employer. You will however have to pay full national insurance for a minimum of 12 months from the dae you leave the UK.