MFR Rent Committee Tennant Nightmare - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2012, 12:50 PM

rutherford is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uae.
Default MFR Rent Committee Tennant Nightmare

Hi everyone

I'm a tennant that took an apartment with MFR Properties last summer, and since then their operation became exposed as a big scam with lots of landlords and tennants left out of pocket. They basically took 1 cheque from me at 100k and promised the landlord 150k in 4 cheques. In the end the cheques bounced leaving the landlords without their rent.

I filed a case with the rent committee to stay in the apartment at my initial rent (with a small increase in line with the rental index) as the landlord wanted the amount on his contract with MFR. It turns out MFR was basically subletting. I was told my contract was valid by the people at RERA, but my first hearing at the RC didn't go very well.

I want to know how the decision is likely to go in the RC as they don't always follow the law exactly, it is more of an art than a science shall we say! I have to go away for work around the time the contract expires leaving my wife by herself, so as you can imagine I'm a bit stressed!

I would like to know if anyone else has any experience with taking these cases to the RC. I saw something on another Dubai forum and I tried to message the user but I can't even seem to register there.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by Elphaba; 24th June 2012 at 04:10 PM.