Closing Etisalat Account - Any Recent Experiences? - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 26th July 2015, 08:32 AM

Gavtek has a reputation beyond reputeGavtek has a reputation beyond reputeGavtek has a reputation beyond reputeGavtek has a reputation beyond reputeGavtek has a reputation beyond reputeGavtek has a reputation beyond reputeGavtek has a reputation beyond reputeGavtek has a reputation beyond reputeGavtek has a reputation beyond reputeGavtek has a reputation beyond reputeGavtek has a reputation beyond repute
1487 likes received
7 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from scotland. Users Flag! Expat in uae.
Default Closing Etisalat Account - Any Recent Experiences?

I was just looking online to remind myself of the procedure to close my Etisalat eLife account as I'll be moving out of my current apartment in 2 weeks.

Naturally, I could find no list of instructions on the Etisalat website other than a vague mention that I may need to give 30 days notice.

Doing some more digging around on this, I found a couple of blog posts that detail an extremely convoluted process that involves 3 treks to the Etisalat main branch and a lot of headaches.

For example:

One Desert Mama: How to Obtain an Etisalat Clearance
Finding Abu Dhabi: Quitting the UAE: a 12-step program, part 1

I had Etisalat eVision/Shamil broadband a few years ago and don't remember any of this nonsense, I took the equipment to the office next to the Dusit Hotel on SZR and it was all cancelled fairly easily.

Does anyone on here have any recent experience of this? This is one item of stress I can really do without.