EOI submitted accountants - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 8th July 2015, 09:19 PM

sami979 is on a distinguished road
26 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from syria. Users Flag! Expat in australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus86 View Post
Hi,

I submitted my 189 EOI under accountant (2211) with 60 points on the 31st of March 2015 (After literally pushing my agent to do so). I too have not received any invite during 6th of July Rounds. I fear that the new reduced quota would put my invite into great uncertainty. I have been reading updates online and am quoting an analysis posted by someone regarding how the new changes will impact the selection process:

1. Places filling quickly - in this case, accountants should ensure they apply early in the program year; or
2. A higher effective pass mark - Immigration may decide to limit the number of invitations issued to accountants each month. As a result, only the applicants with the highest points score will be invited

I am more fearful of the last scenario. Because, I am sure there would be many applicants with much higher rankings (i.e. > 60 points) than myself already in the pool

I would appreciate any valuable inputs on how to approach this.....(i. Apply under state list as well or ii. re-appear for IELTS and score higher and thus claim extra points)
I do not think anybody knows how DIBP exactly operate when it comes to sending invites to different occupations!!!!
we will all have a clearer picture when they publish the results of 6th of July.

in any case if you can improve your point score then go ahead,

good luck

Best Regards and good luck to all with your applications

Visa SC: 189
IELTS: Band 7
CA positive assessment: 19/05/2015
EOI Submitted 60 Points - 19/05/2015
Invited:

ANZSCO: 221111 Accountant general