Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
4M views 19K replies 1K participants last post by  handyjohn 
#1 ·
This Thread is for accountants who submitted their EOI and awaiting the invite both visa sc 189 & 190.

lets share our details and experience with skill select and visa processes so every one could estimate their chances in getting invited in the next invitation rounds!

#13 ·
the cutoff for 60 points was on 23rd of March since the last round that invited 60 pointers,
obviously no invitation were send to people with 60 point since then.

with 2525 only invitation this year I think we have a very slim chance to get invited as many the number will be taken by 65+ pointers!!!

specially that many people will be trying to rush their applications now and/or will tr to improve their score because they are not sure accountants will be on the SOL next year

I hope I am wrong

#14 ·
I believe you have a very good chance getting invited next round, things will be more clear when DIBP purplish the results of 6th of July round on their website in few days!

good luck

#15 ·
you are talking about 65+ pointers right?

#5 ·
I applied EOI with 189 on 29th April 2015 with 60 points (accountant) not invited on 6th July 2015. :noidea:

#6 ·
:( the same, i know people who applied before 20 april on 60 points did not get any invitation so far. If it is going to be on a pro rata basis then our chances (60 points) of getting an invitation are very little but if it not to be pro rata for few months then we have a hope....:fingerscrossed:

#10 ·
Hi guys, I have submitted my EOI on the 24/03/2015 with 60 points (missed last financial year´s cut-off by 22 hours) 221111 Accountant General.

My question is, keeping in mind the current trend do you think I have any chance of being invited till Dec 2015 (visa expires), or should I go for PTE again and try to get additional points? Thanks.

Visa SC: 189 PTE: 74/80/82/85 EOI Submitted 60 Points - 24/03/2015 ANZSCO: 221111 Accountant general

Regards,

Paul

#11 ·
Well Because you have applied in march which is very close to the cut off 60 points invitations. This time they only invited 65 points applicants may be next round you might be picked up. Chances are very high, but yes why not try for higher score. I have not appeared for Pte. how did u find it different from ielts? when it comes to difficulty and scoring? Let me know anour your view. My scores in ielts is S= 7.5 W=7, R=8.5, L= 8.5. Cheers. Thanks

#12 ·
[/QUOTE]Well Because you have applied in march which is very close to the cut off 60 points invitations. This time they only invited 65 points applicants may be next round you might be picked up. Chances are very high, but yes why not try for higher score. I have not appeared for Pte. how did u find it different from ielts? when it comes to difficulty and scoring? Let me know anour your view. My scores in ielts is S= 7.5 W=7, R=8.5, L= 8.5. Cheers. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. In my case I would definitely say that PTE is easier, only if you feel comfortable speaking to a microphone rather than a real person and if you are computer savvy. If that is the case just give it a go. You will be surprised with the results.

#19 ·
Well Because you have applied in march which is very close to the cut off 60 points invitations. This time they only invited 65 points applicants may be next round you might be picked up. Chances are very high, but yes why not try for higher score. I have not appeared for Pte. how did u find it different from ielts? when it comes to difficulty and scoring? Let me know anour your view. My scores in ielts is S= 7.5 W=7, R=8.5, L= 8.5. Cheers. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. In my case I would definitely say that PTE is easier, only if you feel comfortable speaking to a microphone rather than a real person and if you are computer savvy. If that is the case just give it a go. You will be surprised with the results.[/QUOTE]

Hi Mate,

Have you appeared for IELTS or other test if yes, what was your best score?

#20 ·
Hi mate,
I submitted 189 on 29th June with 65 points? Is there any chance to receive invitation before October? I will lose 5 points after Oct. if I am not invited after Oct, I Need to update my EOI so my waiting queue will be counted after the update?
Some agent said around 300 Members with 65+ submitted in June. I have some concerns now, as only 200 members will be invited each round and 80 of them are 70+ new members.

#21 ·
Hi All

First of all, what a great thread for us 189 visa hopefuls - if we continue to use this, we will soon learn how much of the backlog is consumed each month.

I think the August round will largely be taken up by 65+ pointers, although I would hope it will start to make a dent into the 60 pointer backlog from March. if it doesn't, then certainly by March we will see 60 pointers getting an invite each month. We just have to accept there is a backlog to chew through.!!

Can I ask some advice regarding 190 EOI's. I know if you apply to Western Australia, you are required to provide an offer of employment for a minimum of 1 year. Is this the same with all other states ??

Fingers crossed, the 60 point invitations begin to roll in.... ;-)

#22 ·
#23 ·
Thanks for the link.... Yes it seems to be different from WA's.

Does anyone know whether the two year commitment to live in NSW is a legal commitment ? How is it enforced ?? Just wondering if you could move to another state if you got a job in another state first ??

Any thoughts ?

#26 ·
Hi,

I have submitted my EOI on 23/05/2015 for the accountant general 221111 with 60 points. Waiting for the invitation but till now i have not received any invitation. Can i expect in next month???:confused:

Plz help me in solving my query

Thank you.......

Bitter Truth, I think we all should keep our expectations very low. People with 60 points .. :( , Not trying to demotivate you but yes i think being disappointed in the end is worst. The process is going to be slow.. :confused2:

#30 ·
Hi,

I submitted my 189 EOI under accountant (2211) with 60 points on the 31st of March 2015 (After literally pushing my agent to do so). I too have not received any invite during 6th of July Rounds. I fear that the new reduced quota would put my invite into great uncertainty. I have been reading updates online and am quoting an analysis posted by someone regarding how the new changes will impact the selection process:

1. Places filling quickly - in this case, accountants should ensure they apply early in the program year; or
2. A higher effective pass mark - Immigration may decide to limit the number of invitations issued to accountants each month. As a result, only the applicants with the highest points score will be invited

I am more fearful of the last scenario. Because, I am sure there would be many applicants with much higher rankings (i.e. > 60 points) than myself already in the pool

I would appreciate any valuable inputs on how to approach this.....(i. Apply under state list as well or ii. re-appear for IELTS and score higher and thus claim extra points)

#31 ·
I do not think anybody knows how DIBP exactly operate when it comes to sending invites to different occupations!!!!
we will all have a clearer picture when they publish the results of 6th of July.

in any case if you can improve your point score then go ahead,

good luck

#32 ·
EOI Rankings for Accountant Group

I'm wondering can we put our information in the google spreadsheet just like those people waiting for NSW nomination. Then we can track out progress on 189 queue. I copied that one and did some modification to better suit for our 189 applicants, link as below:
https#//docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rpqEOmk8eCsyHf-Zwr_LCkUnWxYRpDxRPacJxbPq0Ok/edit?usp=sharing

Because currently my account is not able to post URL so that you may need to replace the # after https to :

#33 ·
I'm wondering can we put our information in the google spreadsheet just like those people waiting for NSW nomination. Then we can track out progress on 189 queue. I copied that one and did some modification to better suit for our 189 applicants, link as below:
https#//docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rpqEOmk8eCsyHf-Zwr_LCkUnWxYRpDxRPacJxbPq0Ok/edit?usp=sharing

Because currently my account is not able to post URL so that you may need to replace the # after https to :
good Idea
thank you

Reactions: sm8764
#35 ·
Hello Everybody,
Can someone advice me on getting 5 points for two year study in Australia, i have consulted lot of people but was unable to get a sound answer. I have done MPA (1.5 yrs with 12 units from Australian University fully assessed by CPA Australia) apart from that i have done Certificate IV in Business Management 1yr from Australian Institute. I applied EOI on 29th April 2015 with 60 point but was not sure about this so did not claimed that, but due to current tough situation after 50% cut i am anxious to add these points if i am eligible to get them if my studies can be considered for two year study criteria.
I am afraid that if i get an invitation and visa officer could refuse my application on claiming these 5 points which he/she do not consider to meet two year study criteria.

Please someone advice me on this, i know we have lot of members here who are experts with lot of experience.

#36 ·
Hi sm8764, you need to check the CRICOS course length, if it takes more than 16 calendar months and span through 2 academic years, then it is safe to claim points. However, beware that some MPA was not counted as having 16 calendar months (expressed in weeks) on CRICOS website.

"You can receive five points if you have completed one or more degrees, diplomas or trade qualifications for award through a course or courses taken at an Australian educational institution.

Your course or courses must:

be registered through the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Course for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
have been completed in a total of at least 16 calendar months
have been completed as a result of at least two academic years of study
have given all instruction in English
have been completed while you were physically in Australia
have been completed while you held a visa authorising you to study in Australia.

A course can be counted only once towards the Australian study requirement. Any failed course subject cannot be counted.

As evidence that you completed the course or courses, you need to provide:

a certified copy of a completion letter from your educational institution, including
the dates the course began and ended
the date the course requirements were met
the location of the campus where you studied
certified copies of course transcripts.

Two academic years of study is defined as 92 weeks of study in a course or courses registered by CRICOS. CRICOS determines a standard duration (number of weeks) for each course.

This is a measure of the amount of study you have completed, rather than of how long it took you to do it. The study does not have to be full time.

You can take longer to complete course work, but you will be credited with the number of weeks that CRICOS determines as a standard duration. For example, if it takes you 92 weeks to complete a course that CRICOS says should take 78 weeks, you will receive credit for 78 weeks only.

If you are given credit for prior learning, you could be exempt from taking a relevant course. An exempted course cannot be counted towards the Australian study requirement. Credit cannot be counted on the basis of study done either overseas or within Australia in a non-CRICOS registered course.

The 92 weeks of study could contribute towards the award of one of more acceptable qualifications. In this instance, the courses of study need not have been done within a 24-month period. It is possible to have a break between completing the first course and beginning the second. "

#37 ·
Hi Guys,

This is my first post here :]
Accountant (general) has its quota halved... as I am expecting to summit my application in seven weeks (60 points without ss), I am quite worried that 65 points is the "actually" requirement considering the little amount of quota comparing to the humongous amount of applicant...
What are your thoughts?

#38 ·
Quoted from an immigration agent, they are also unsure about how DIBP handle the new ceiling with accountant.

"The number of places for Accountants has been SLASHED from over 5000 places to just 2525 this program year.

The effect of this is that most independent skilled visa applicants (189 and 489-relative sponsored) who apply as Accountants will require 65 points or more. Those on 60 points may find they have a long wait or may miss out altogether.

Alternatively DIBP may just issue invitations for Accountants until they use all 2525 places. And based on last year's numbers that will mean the places running out in just 6 months time."

So we have to wait for 6 July and August invitation result analysis to get a bigger picture about DIBP approach.

#39 ·
Quite obvious I guess, the invitation result will be consumed by the leftover applicant from early this year...
It is quite impossible to have a quota increase within the financial year so my blind guess will be a need of 65 points or above.. which I will find quite difficult to get (the extra 5).

#40 · (Edited)
Point inflation may exist as many get more language points from doing PTE-A exam, so expect more 65 pointers for Accountant this year. To get ahead of the crowd, you might want to try for IELTS 8 or PTE-A 79 all band.

#49 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

What is the chance that I will get invitation in August round? Any help would be appreciated.

65 points EOI date of effect 1st July.

My visa expires on 15th August. Im considering apply for 485 visa if I dont get invited in the next round (3rd August if it is the first Monday), will I have enough time to lodge 485 in case I dont get invitation.

Another option is to get skill assessment for external auditor and restart the EOI process which according to some migration agents I will definitely get invitation in the next round.

Thanks heap

#51 ·
485 would be a better backup option for you than to get re-assessed. In most cases, you should be granted a bridging A visa automatically once a valid application for 485 is received.

#50 ·
Tam09

I think you should be fine for the August round. The backlog for 65 points is around 1st June.... For 70 + points then the backlog was cleared, so only those who have applied since 6th July....

So if I was a betting man, I would say you would get an invite.... But you would still need a bridging Visa as it will take a few months to get the visa...

i doubt you would have time to submit a new skills assessment for internal auditor before the August round. I would stick with what you have....

Good luck...

#54 ·
It's hard to be certain as they have not provided any information on the July 6th round, however I would look to boost your points via PTE Academic if you can as there is no guarantee you will get an invite by September.

The Pro-Rata of invites will heavily impact 60 pointers this year....

Hope you get an invite soon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.