Potential US move on the horizon - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 27th March 2012, 12:33 PM

twostep has a reputation beyond reputetwostep has a reputation beyond reputetwostep has a reputation beyond reputetwostep has a reputation beyond reputetwostep has a reputation beyond reputetwostep has a reputation beyond reputetwostep has a reputation beyond reputetwostep has a reputation beyond reputetwostep has a reputation beyond reputetwostep has a reputation beyond reputetwostep has a reputation beyond repute
345 likes received
13 likes given

Users Flag! Expat in usa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieNYC View Post
My dad is going to visit the college this week, and discuss all the options available. We have chosen a course so I guess they just need to accept me and go from there.

By live with my dad I mean actually live in the same household as him for a while, I'm not entirely sure whether I want to live in the US permanently forever. Hence the non-immigrant visa.

As another point of enquiry, if I do decided I like living there, my dad will be applying for citizenship very soon apparently so could I switch from a visa to say a green card while I'm still there, say like a year in on my 2 year visa?

Thanks again

Jamie
Visa Bulletin For March 2012
This should give you an idea about the current processing times. Do not forget, that Green Card holders have certain obligations to fulfill.
USCIS - Green Card Processes and Procedures