Kindly asking for your opinions.. - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 28th February 2012, 01:54 AM

ReggieDXB007 has a reputation beyond reputeReggieDXB007 has a reputation beyond reputeReggieDXB007 has a reputation beyond reputeReggieDXB007 has a reputation beyond reputeReggieDXB007 has a reputation beyond reputeReggieDXB007 has a reputation beyond reputeReggieDXB007 has a reputation beyond reputeReggieDXB007 has a reputation beyond reputeReggieDXB007 has a reputation beyond reputeReggieDXB007 has a reputation beyond reputeReggieDXB007 has a reputation beyond repute
6 likes received
12 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uae.

Hmmm I suspect this is better located within the sandpit as it could ramble on and on...

What I always say to people, everything you read about Dubai is probably true, at the same time is probably it is also untrue. What I mean is that whatever is written has probably happened but it rarely presents the full picture. Although I like the article (it is the Indie after all) and found that it had at least made an attempt to provide some depth and had followed some element of research, the very nature of an article is that it a realtively short piece focusing on narrow view point.

If you want to have a more rounded view of Dubai you would be better placed to read a book - I found Jim Krane's "Dubai: The World's fastest City" (Used to be Dubai City of Gold) particularly illuminating and did a good job of explaining a great deal about what goes on behind the scenes.

Bottom line, this place went through changes in a few decades that took other countries centuries complete with revolutions, wars etc. One needs to take a longer term view, in my humble opinion.

Last edited by ReggieDXB007; 28th February 2012 at 01:57 AM.