Long term visitor/Retirement Visa questions - View Single Post
View Single Post
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 6th April 2015, 03:20 AM
Fred98TJ Fred98TJ is offline
New Member
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 30
Rep Power: 0
Fred98TJ is on a distinguished road
6 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

Thanks, that's "exactly" what I was looking for.


Originally Posted by mcalleyboy View Post
It's #7 block for a Non Quota Visa but you'll need different paper work for retirement Visa, the Philippines calls it a "Police Clearance".... sort of a funny request because what you'll actually need is a copy of your police record print out, let them know your doing it for Immigration purposes, so go down to your local police building ask if you can get a copy of your "Police record" the cost varies but is usually no more than $10, these buildings aren't always located at the police station but could be stand alone spots in other area's.

Bottom line is contact your Philippine Consulate in Los Angeles, it looks like your originally from AZ? if not that would be another question you'll pose to the Philippine Consulate.

Here's the web site. Embassy of the Philippines - Home

More information I got from the Los Angeles Philippine Consulate site:


Our address is 3600 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 500, Los Angeles, CA 90010,
with telephone number (213) 639-0980 to 85 / fax number (213) 639-0990/
e-mail: [email protected].
Our office hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.

And here's where I found the address above on that website it has at the bottom of the page the address and also if you click it will give you directions but like I said you can do everything using the mail system, make sure if your US passport is up to date also, if it's due to expire in a year I'd get a new one first.

Embassy of the Philippines - About the Office

I had to call and email my Philippine Consulate several times to get all the information ready for my submitted package to them, so once you get all your paper work together your gonna submit it to the Los Angeles Philippine Consulate, then once approved and you get a retirement Visa stamp in your US passport along with a hand carry package to the Philippines and then you'll have I think one week to report to the Philippine Bureau of Immigration in Manila to finish up that package and get your Retirement or Immigrant card.
Reply With Quote