Ultimate guide to renting an apartment in Dubai - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 11th October 2011, 01:02 PM

gracie_23 is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
9 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjimbo View Post
In short, nicely built, spacious apartments, pools and gyms, family friendly, no bars anywhere near, so social life will be taxi heavy.
Hi there!

I have been living in Motor City for the past 2 months since I moved here and I think it's great. It's not in the hustle and bustle of the city, but a taxi to the 'middle of it all' is around 25 dhs which is very cheap!! AND, there are 2 bars within walking distance here - one at the polo club and one at Arabian Ranches Golf Club, both also do very reasonable and nice lunch/dinner packages. There's also cinema night beside the pool at the polo club once a week :-)

In terms of Motor City on the whole, its a lovely residential area - you can cycle/skate/run/walk around the place and upto the shops etc as there are actually pedestrian pathways unlike in most places in TECOM, Al Barsha etc.. The range of shops within walking distance is also good - a large spinneys supermarket, 2 indian restaurants, a lebanese, chinese, subway, fish n chips, salad and smoothy bar, starbucks, cafe nero, pharmacy, health centre, ladies fitness, pet shop, party shop, bookshop etc etc you get the idea..!

There are 6 pool areas within the complex and you are free to use whichever you like, all also have a small gym and fitness studio within them covered within the price of the apartment. The apartments are VERY spacious compared to others I've seen and all with balconies/terraces - some very large! There's also a good crowd of youngsters around here to get chatting to aswel as youngish families.

Regarding the cooler fees - it depends what you think is better value for yourselves - for me it suits paying a set fee each month because you dont ever have to worry how long you're leaving the AC/heating on for, and its handy to know the exact amount is the same each month..

Hope this helps a little as I know what it's like deciding where to be!!