The New Visa Run thread - rules & a guide to the Hatta border run in first post - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 18th January 2015, 08:44 PM

Val_TX has a reputation beyond reputeVal_TX has a reputation beyond reputeVal_TX has a reputation beyond reputeVal_TX has a reputation beyond reputeVal_TX has a reputation beyond reputeVal_TX has a reputation beyond reputeVal_TX has a reputation beyond reputeVal_TX has a reputation beyond reputeVal_TX has a reputation beyond reputeVal_TX has a reputation beyond reputeVal_TX has a reputation beyond repute
10 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in uae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkisizer
Hello, I am a little confused so apologies for the long post but I need your help please My friend who is a British passport holder arrived in Dubai on 24 October 2014 and decided she wanted to extend her stay so on 02 December 2014 (40 days later instead of 30 days as British passport holders have a 10 day grace period) I drove her to the Hatta/Oman border to do a visa run so that she could extend her stay by another 40 days until 10 January 2015. As she loves Dubai so much she wanted to extend again so this time she went to the DNRD office at Dubai Airport to pay the fee to extend without having to exit Dubai. I have noticed from the document issued to her that her extension is valid only until 30 January 2015 as they have granted 60 days from 02 December 2014 and not 30 days from 10 January 2015. So my question is.... Does she have to leave Dubai on the 30 January 2015 as this is only 30 days or can she leave on the 8th February 2015 to include the 10 day grace period as she wants to stay the extra 10 days if possible. I have visited the DNRD office and have been told two different answers Obviously we want to get this right so that she does not incur 10 days of overstay fines if this is not the case. Thank you!
If you can get an answer from DNRD, I would stay on the safe side. Is it too hard to make a visa run? They have buses to the border, but it's an easy enough drive as you know.