The New Visa Run thread - rules & a guide to the Hatta border run in first post - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 17th January 2015, 12:06 PM

shirazscotland is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uae.
Default 10 day grace period

Hi
Yes, for UK passports they still allow this for sure as I just did a border run for my daughter yesterday, and she was on her 37th day. This guide is brilliant, even though i noo longer need it due to the amount of times I've done this trip, i could have done with it at the beginning! Thanks for taking the time dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fijifranny View Post
Thanks for the new thread. Does anyone know for sure weather the 10 day grace period for people who have a 30 day visa on arrival is still available?
I have a German passport and went on many visa runs last year-always on day 39 or so. Never a problem.

Now someone told me there is no more grace period of 10 days. Or is it under discretion of the visa officer? I called Immigration. They said the 10 day grace period is still there, however if you stay 41 days instead of 40 ,you will be fined from the 30th day onwards..so a fine for 11 days instead of 1.

I don't trust any information in this country, since it seems like nobody ever knows for sure.

SO my problem is that my flight leaves on day 41 and I need to go on a visa run either tomorow or the next day (still within the grace period) , to hopeuflly renew my visa.

Does anyone have RECENT experience with the 10 day grace period?

ALso there are buses going from near al Rigga station. at 7am and 3pm each day. the earlier bus is better, since you will be back faster than at night time. One company charges aed 40 and the other aed 90 for the round trip.

ok if anyone has information please let me know