Canada has best rep. in the world. - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 29th September 2011, 11:26 AM

CDN2012 has much to be proud ofCDN2012 has much to be proud ofCDN2012 has much to be proud ofCDN2012 has much to be proud ofCDN2012 has much to be proud ofCDN2012 has much to be proud ofCDN2012 has much to be proud ofCDN2012 has much to be proud ofCDN2012 has much to be proud ofCDN2012 has much to be proud of
29 likes received
31 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from canada. Users Flag! Expat in canada.

I guess I do/did take a lot of things for granted in Canada. But for me living there was always a bit boring. I know there are many things to do and I did a lot of it and still would like to do a lot more there, but it is what it is. I for one, never complained about the health care as i never had to pay a dime for anything and i had broken bones, sprained ankles, been in a couple of small car accidents.

But i do agree with some of your points, the gap between rich and poor is not bad. I was in the middle and had friends on both sides and when we would hang out together you wouldn't know who was the poorer one or the richer one just by looking at them or hanging around them for a bit. You really had to get to know them to find out.
And as for as the political system goes, i think its a mess. A complete mess. I actually think its a joke.

But one thing i do like about it especially living in both Toronto and Vancouver and visiting other parts of the country i love that fact that i can get a taste for so many other people's cultures without leaving the borders. Especially the restaurants. My wife and i used to visit tonnes of them before we left. Thai, Chinese, Jamaican, Mediterranean, Japanese etc.