Ultimate guide to renting an apartment in Dubai - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 13th September 2011, 01:19 PM

katiepotato has a reputation beyond reputekatiepotato has a reputation beyond reputekatiepotato has a reputation beyond reputekatiepotato has a reputation beyond reputekatiepotato has a reputation beyond reputekatiepotato has a reputation beyond reputekatiepotato has a reputation beyond reputekatiepotato has a reputation beyond reputekatiepotato has a reputation beyond reputekatiepotato has a reputation beyond reputekatiepotato has a reputation beyond repute
34 likes received
16 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zin View Post
Someone mentioned Silicon Oasis in all this. How are the amenities etc.. there now? Does it still feel like its in the middle of the desert ?
I don't live in Silicon Oasis, but I work close by in DOZ. Silicon Oasis is actually only a 20-minute drive out of Dubai - about the same distance out as the Ranches - and the amenites are improving. There is a big Spinneys just inside the Cedre Villas development, plus a Choitrams and a small independent supermarket in the mixed commercial/residential area. There are a couple of ladies' salons too.

Obviously you don't have the same choice as restaurants and bars as the Marina or Downtown, but that's reflected in the prices. A colleague of mine pays the same for his detached villa as we do for our apartment in Old Town.

Personally, I wouldn't choose to live there - but I do think it is starting to lose its "middle of the desert" feel.