Schools in Dubai - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 13th September 2011, 12:42 PM

Welsh_lady is on a distinguished road
11 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from wales. Users Flag! Expat in uae.

hi everyone,

Our family is moving to dubai next summer so my 2 children will start school Sep 2012. The villa we will be provided with is in Al Safa - near JESS.

I understand JESS is near impossible to get into so i have been looking at other local schools for my 4 and 6yr old. I have already put applications in for Safa and Horizon.

We are visiting Dubai in oct to look around schools and pay the registration fees that most schools ask for (safa and horizon did not charge).

Schools we are planning to visit are - safa, horizon, english college dubai, emerites international jumeirah, gems wellington primary and star international Umm Sheif.

please does anyone have any experience of these schools? are there any others local to the area that i have missed?

Also how many schools should i apply for? the registration/administration fee is per child so could get very expensive! Also all the schools have been very vague about waiting lists - do you think it is likely i will get a place for both children (fs2 & yr2) at any of these schools?

any advice, feedback or comments on this would be greatfuly recieved, thank you.