Ultimate guide to renting an apartment in Dubai - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 12th September 2011, 02:19 PM

Bigjimbo has a reputation beyond reputeBigjimbo has a reputation beyond reputeBigjimbo has a reputation beyond reputeBigjimbo has a reputation beyond reputeBigjimbo has a reputation beyond reputeBigjimbo has a reputation beyond reputeBigjimbo has a reputation beyond reputeBigjimbo has a reputation beyond reputeBigjimbo has a reputation beyond reputeBigjimbo has a reputation beyond reputeBigjimbo has a reputation beyond repute
200 likes received
31 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in uae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused.dom View Post
Great posting Jimbo.
Just a quick write up of my first dealings in the Dubai rental market.
On thursday agreed a rental deal with agent (sole agent with keys) ,landlord accepted.Went through contracts over weekend and with help from your posting all seemed to make sense.
Ready to sign on dotted line and just been told by agent that another agent has promised to get a greater rent(50% more!!) ,so i've been sent to the sidelines.
Strange as i was the first to see it an offered full rental amount asked for.Perhaps i should have haggled and got it cheaper!.
Never mind back to dubizzle etc and sift through the duplicated listings ,i suppose until contracts are signed there are no ways to secure a property.
That aside not the sort of landlord i want to get tied to for my first year in Dubai.
It happens unfortunately, and there are the occasional nutters who pay that kind of figure. Nothing is ever done till its signed, and I always try to get a contract finished as soon as I can after a deal is agreed.