WiFi has been hacked - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 15th December 2014, 06:38 AM

M.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond repute
2284 likes received
7346 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default Password given out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecureilx View Post
MAC spoofing can be done, but they need to grab your mac address.. i.e your phone/laptop mac address

I guess you are being too paranoid

Just change and then hide the SSID and with MAC filter, you should be good

if your in-laws were military grade hackers, I am sure they will not be hanging on to you .. I believe they just go lucky or somebody gave them the password (out of sympathy ?? )
Will look that up ecureilx thank you. I think your right this is not an old router its brand new, manufactured this year and I didn't have any issue's till my daughter came to visit and next thin I know the Wireless Network Watcher started showing that someone had compromised my WiFi.

The in-law in question is the son of my wife's sister, he kept bugging my son for the password and he also asked me, I know that my son wouldn't give it out, he's 10 years old and I've never showed him the password location, I warned him (I knew or could feel something was going on) and two days later my son mentioned to me that John-john, that's his name (hacker) kept asking him for the password, so you could be right, one of my kids may have given it out.

I am not a regulated immigration adviser. I am offering an opinion and not advice. Check here for professional help with the Philippine Bureau of Immigration PBI https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration or Philippine Retirement Authority PRA for an SRRV Visa https://pra.gov.ph/contact/ Always stay alert and don't let your guard down.