Originally Posted by technologyc
I am currently in a processus for moving from France to Shanghai under - a priori - an expat package contract. I am working for a luxury fashion group (very known...), working in headoffice as IT Project Manager for CRM and Retail topics, with 5+ years of experience. Of course fluent in English and no Mandarin at all. The position they offer me is very similar, with a high flexibility request to be able to move sometimes in Japan, Singapor, Australia, i.e. whole Asia-Pacific.
--> My question is easy: what should I expect in term of salary, package benefits, etc. ?
I'm French too, living in China.
In term of salary, I would say your actually salary +25 to 50% increase (depending of the benefits they are offering to you).
In my opinion, and according to your experience, your Package benefits should include:
- Health insurance to cover you + your family
- Apartment rental (or at least a flat allowance equal to 75% of the rental fee)
- School fees if you have kids (very expensive here in China)
- 1 moving allowance to send your goods back to France the day you are leaving China
- 1 Air ticket roundtrip / year to France (for all your family) for your holidays
- Mandarin courses for you and your wife on arrival ( to have some oral bases)
- 1 maid to take care of your kids 1 or 2 days / week
- 1 driver for you if you working place is far way from your home
Feel free to contact me if you need some other advices.